collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best dorm?  (Read 16881 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Best dorm?
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »
Campus Town West !!

if we are talking about off campus living, you could pay a whole lot more and live in 2040s...which is ridiculously overpriced and an excellent reason why i'm not living there next year

My lease at 2040 is cheaper than a Campus Town lease.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 09:06:57 AM »
Campus Town West !!

if we are talking about off campus living, you could pay a whole lot more and live in 2040s...which is ridiculously overpriced and an excellent reason why i'm not living there next year

My lease at 2040 is cheaper than a Campus Town lease.

Most of the Campus Town apartments "standards" are for two people per bedroom.  This means in a two bedroom that you probably have about as much living space per person in the apartment as the rooms in Mashuda.  If you put two people in the "four person" apartment you would probably be better off just purchasing your first home because your mortgage payments would probably be less.  Plus the "furnished" part of the apartments means you get stuck with the crappiest of furniture. 

sean980

• Walk-On
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2008, 03:57:37 PM »
I am shocked that no one has mentioned Renee Row on this thread for a place to live as an upperclassmen (since the issue of upperclassmen apartments has infiltrated the thread).  The apartments there always had the best parties and at the beginning of the year there used to be 500+ students who would cram into the courtyard for a huge block party (until the cops arrived of course and shut it down).

chapman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »
I am shocked that no one has mentioned Renee Row on this thread for a place to live as an upperclassmen (since the issue of upperclassmen apartments has infiltrated the thread).  The apartments there always had the best parties and at the beginning of the year there used to be 500+ students who would cram into the courtyard for a huge block party (until the cops arrived of course and shut it down).

Thankfully DPS is a student's best friend.  When the courtyard would be packed with freshmen at the beginning of the year they would come around to send them running and encourage the people who were hosting the parties to give DPS a call if they needed help reducing the crowd.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »
It has been for awhile, probably at least a decade.  Back when freshman were allowed to stay at Schroeder, sophomores could stay at McCormick.  Now, Schroeder is sophomores only and McCormick is Freshman Only. 

Correction, you can choose to stay in McCormick as a sophomore if you wish.  A group of my friends and I debated this option as we liked just about everyone that was on our wing.  Just get everyone to stay there.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »

Thankfully DPS is a student's best friend.  When the courtyard would be packed with freshmen at the beginning of the year they would come around to send them running and encourage the people who were hosting the parties to give DPS a call if they needed help reducing the crowd.

I graduated last may and had to move out of the best party house on campus... 946 n 18th st. We had so many large parties there that we bought a $1300 from our profits. we would make, on average, $400 in PROFITS every party. We never had to buy any of our personal beer as revenue went to beer, goodies for the house, utilities and kegs for the next party. Thank you freshmen. We had beer pong leagues there, christmas parties (as if you need an excuse to dress like a retarded christmas caroler and get faded) and through some mean block parties. 946 is where its at... F Renee Row (although the beginning of the year courtyard parties were fun as hell). Best memories: seeing freshmen peeing on top of the hill behind the bushes and PS would put a spot light on them and just watching them run like hell was the best.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 12:05:44 PM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire