[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cold  (Read 15711 times)

Archies Bat

• All American
Re: Cold
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2019, 08:07:30 PM »
Drive safe...

Thanks.  Made it home fine.

We went through Osseo just before a 40 car pileup. You can see it on Facebook.  There were some maniacs on the road...both cars and semis.

https://www.fox9.com/news/388676673-video

There was a spot where we were doing 30. A pickup passed us at about 50 into a whiteout caused by the semi infront of us in the right lane about 200 yards ahead.  Another semi came up on the left easily at 65 and was going to rear end the pickup that just passed us.  The semi infront of us merged into the left lane to protect the pickup that was surely going to get rear ended.  The speeding semi slowed down enough to avoid the truck that switched lanes to block it. I'm positive the pickup would have otherwise been rear ended. 

Man, there are some stupid, stupid people.  The drive took us 90 extra minutes, but we are alive.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:32:23 PM by real chili 83 »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »
Glad you made it home Brother Chili. LBK doesn’t look so bad huh?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2019, 08:25:21 PM »
Glad you made it home Brother Chili. LBK doesn’t look so bad huh?

Some of the blue hairs in the Publix parking lot in LBK are just as dangerous.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2019, 10:58:28 PM »

We went through Osseo

Home of Norske Nook.

I trust you got off I 94 and slammed into the Nook for some lefse followed up by their world famous pie?

You know, nothing takes the edge off a 40 car pile up like a slice of hot steaming pie. Better yet, you would have been there for their evening pie which is far more succulent than the day shift's offering.

The thing about the Nook is that they begin by hand rolling the dough. What better way to start an experience which ends with hot pie in your mouth?

Cherry or Apple, Chili?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2019, 05:34:52 AM »
Home of Norske Nook.

I trust you got off I 94 and slammed into the Nook for some lefse followed up by their world famous pie?

You know, nothing takes the edge off a 40 car pile up like a slice of hot steaming pie. Better yet, you would have been there for their evening pie which is far more succulent than the day shift's offering.

The thing about the Nook is that they begin by hand rolling the dough. What better way to start an experience which ends with hot pie in your mouth?

Cherry or Apple, Chili?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IB1i/perkins-burger-fries-and-pie-combo-bring-the-pie-first

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2019, 01:15:44 PM »
Perkins Pie vs The Nook Pie?

How you say...Plymouth vs Ferrari?

You may have confused Osseo, MI for Osseo, WI. Good thing you weren't a navigator?

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2019, 11:54:54 PM »
You may have confused Osseo, MI for Osseo, WI. Good thing you weren't a navigator?

There is an Osseo in MI?

Osseo must mean small, cold, out of the way place in some language.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2019, 07:02:17 AM »
Combat

tower912

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2019, 07:26:23 AM »
Osseo, Mi is 15 miles ESE from Coldwater,  5 miles SE from Hillsdale.       
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2019, 12:59:32 PM »
Osseo, Mi is 15 miles ESE from Coldwater,  5 miles SE from Hillsdale.     

Is that before or after Climax?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
My daughter and her husband live in Seattle. They have had more snow the last 2 weeks than they had in the first 10 years they lived there combined.

City is mostly closed down, she says. Her MU club even canceled their NMD viewing party!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2019, 02:03:29 PM »
We are getting maybe 2 inches of snow today.  It is going to warm up and melt by the weekend.  Today will be the first time I've actually had to shovel this winter.

Usually I've shoveled about a half dozen times by now at least.  Strange winter.  The one bitter cold streak a few weeks back was fortunately without precipitation.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2019, 02:46:25 PM »
Bought an offbrand snowblower a few years ago.  Regretted it almost right away.  3 service calls in 4 years, and the one clean year it was in storage.

Went out this year and bought a big Toro.  3 uses and the damned thing wont start today.  Super irritated.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »
Is that before or after Climax?
ESE.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2019, 10:34:10 AM »
We are getting maybe 2 inches of snow today.  It is going to warm up and melt by the weekend.  Today will be the first time I've actually had to shovel this winter.

Usually I've shoveled about a half dozen times by now at least.  Strange winter.  The one bitter cold streak a few weeks back was fortunately without precipitation.

Ditto for me.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2019, 08:56:39 PM »
Windchills in So Cal below freezing last night and tonight.  Snowing in Malibu, Rancho Cucamonga, the valley, etc.  Snow level dropped to 1000 feet. 

Fun times
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2019, 06:01:28 AM »
Global warming, eh?

Ban dis guy^^^^^^

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2019, 08:02:13 AM »
The pictures out of Vegas these past couple days are crazy.  SEVERAL inches out at Red Rock.  I hope my furnace is keeping up!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2019, 08:22:03 AM »
The pictures out of Vegas these past couple days are crazy.  SEVERAL inches out at Red Rock.  I hope my furnace is keeping up!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/calabasas-snow-rare-snowfall-strikes-los-angeles-two-freeways-close-due-to-weather-2019-02-21/
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2019, 10:16:05 AM »
Perkins Pie vs The Nook Pie?

How you say...Plymouth vs Ferrari?

Maybe not as cut and dry as you'd think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Superbird

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2019, 10:17:01 AM »
Bought an offbrand snowblower a few years ago.  Regretted it almost right away.  3 service calls in 4 years, and the one clean year it was in storage.

Went out this year and bought a big Toro.  3 uses and the damned thing wont start today.  Super irritated.

I had a Toro snowblower.  It was the worst piece of crap I have ever owned.  Just garbage, right from the start.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2019, 03:02:24 PM »
I had a Toro snowblower.  It was the worst piece of crap I have ever owned.  Just garbage, right from the start.

WTF does Toro know about clearing snow?  They don't even go outside in Minnesota during the winter, they've got skywalks and subways all over the place.  JayBee has to take 50,000 IU of Vitamin D every few hours just to stave off the rickets... the only fresh oxygen he's getting is on DirecTV channel 251... you could balance the white levels on your iPhone camera with his forehead... he watches The Shining and thinks that Jack guy really knows how to keep his composure.

If you want the very best in snow throwing technology, you go with the good ol' God-(not snow)-fearing Wisconsin company, not some snow baby Minnesota cooperative.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »
Nasty driving conditions today in the Fox Valley.  100 vehicle pile up near Neenah.  One death.  Keep safe! 
Ludum habemus.

feedback