[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tickets  (Read 2194 times)

SERocks

• Team Captain
Tickets
« on: January 20, 2019, 06:29:21 AM »
I bought two tickets to the Providence game from another ticket holder.   I was delivered two paper tickets and thought nothing of it until this morning.   Didn't MU and FF go to full electronic this year?  Do paper tickets work?  If not how do I solve this?

Thanks

bizz11

• Walk-On
Re: Tickets
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 06:49:09 AM »
If you’re referring to actual tickets, they still work. If you’re referring to a computer printout, they will not. If it’s the latter, not sure how you fix that

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 06:59:11 AM »
Thanks.  I have actual tickets.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 08:25:34 AM »
If you’re referring to actual tickets, they still work. If you’re referring to a computer printout, they will not.

I've always wondered .. why do PDFs not work?   QR Codes can store up to 4000 characters at a very small pixel rate, but .. the Chaluparena's codes are waay less than that. 

Anyone tried scanning a PDF at the door?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 08:29:02 AM »
Thanks.  I have actual tickets.
Those work perfectly fine this year, they will not work next year.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »
If for some reason you can not use your phone at the door, you can save them as will call, go there on the northeast side of the arena, have them print off a paper ticket for you, and use that for entry. Did that last Saturday.
GO WARRIORS!

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 08:32:33 AM »
I've always wondered .. why do PDFs not work?   QR Codes can store up to 4000 characters at a very small pixel rate, but .. the Chaluparena's codes are waay less than that. 

It's to prevent fake tickets and scalpers

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »

It's not that they don't work, it's that fiserv will not accept them.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 10:17:47 AM »

For Vegas Golden Knights games at TMobile Arena the barcode on my phone change/reset every minute.  That means a PDF would not be the "current ticket" the computer is looking for when it is scanned at the gate.  This is to prevent theft.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 10:22:40 AM »
It's to prevent fake tickets and scalpers

Then that would be a bad system.  We share tickets with another family and text a picture of the ticket around .. works fine.   No doubt, scalpers would do the same, making infinite copies.

.. As VegasWarrior said .. if they changed every minute, that would indeed be a deterrent, although it would invalidate up the "wallet" systems (and texting.)

Really .. is fake tickets really a problem for MU games?  I imagine it happens, but what's the percentage?

You wanna have a huge defense for fakes at the Superbowl.  Not so much for MU versus Southwest Tennessee Typewriter college tech.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 08:00:52 PM »
Then that would be a bad system.  We share tickets with another family and text a picture of the ticket around .. works fine.   No doubt, scalpers would do the same, making infinite copies.

.. As VegasWarrior said .. if they changed every minute, that would indeed be a deterrent, although it would invalidate up the "wallet" systems (and texting.)

Really .. is fake tickets really a problem for MU games?  I imagine it happens, but what's the percentage?

You wanna have a huge defense for fakes at the Superbowl.  Not so much for MU versus Southwest Tennessee Typewriter college tech.

STTCT was the school in Drumline, right?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 08:52:37 AM »

It’s not for fake tickets. It’s so MU/ Ticketmaster/ Bucks can track your movements/ purchases before, during, after the games. All about the data...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 07:57:52 PM »
It’s not for fake tickets. It’s so MU/ Ticketmaster/ Bucks can track your movements/ purchases before, during, after the games. All about the data...

::)  Watch our for those robots, too. I hear they eat old people’s medicines. 

The real reason they’ve gone paperless is to steer people into using their own resale platforms in order to capture a piece of the secondary market.  Nobody has a problem with the scalpers, they just want a piece of the action.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 08:05:20 PM »
Ive used my phone at fiserv
With tix purchased on line
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

feedback