[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5th Street Structure  (Read 7560 times)

chemical729

• Walk-On
5th Street Structure
« on: January 17, 2019, 09:53:42 PM »
I’m a long time lurker but this is my first post. For the game on Sunday I’m trying desperately to get parking in the 5th Street structure which seems to be sold out. My circumstances are unique with myself and my family, I’m physically disabled with muscular dystrophy and rely on a powerchair to get around and also use a handicap accessible van with a deployable ramp. My mom who is a diehard Marquette fan is also going to this game with me and currently is going through cancer treatments and is also in wheelchair. She wants to be at the game to send D Wade out in to retirement with all the other fans! I’m hoping someone here would be kind enough to sell me their parking pass to the 5th structure with the skywalk. It would mean a great deal to my family and I. It was my fault for not getting tickets sooner but with my mom’s cancer we don’t know ahead of time of how she’s going to be on any given day.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: 5th Street Structure
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:43:52 PM »
Friends. If you have a pass I will pay double for our scoop friend chemical. pm me info.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 10:52:11 PM »
It's not sold out, there's always public spots before the game.

Pull in, flash the handicap placard and they'll take care of you.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 11:09:56 PM »

Yes, but get there early. I'd say at least 45 mins before tip.

Took my grandpa to a game earlier and all the handicap spots were taken.

82fanatic

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 12:17:40 AM »

Not entirely true.   I took my 88 yr old mother to the buffalo game.   Arrived 30 minutes early.   The people holding the sign “lot full” at the turn onto 5th street told us pass holders only.  I showed the the handicap placard and they said “I don’t give a damn about your handicap card”.   My mother was up from Florida and my father died earlier this year, maybe her last game, so I wanted to explain and he started on a rant with other expletives.   I decided to risk embarrassment (and being turned away)and proceeded.  When we got in the structure they were as nice as ever, told us handicap spots were full but let us up to the 6th floor and we parked fairly close to the door.   

Tuned out to be a great decision.  My mother had the time of her life!  The joy on her face during that game was priceless.  Best “break the rules” decision ever.   

So go early, and don’t be bullied into not taking care of your handicapped loved ones.   

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 04:18:09 AM »
Not to be a softie, but love hearing about you guys taking your Mom or Dad to the games. My last game with my Dad was during DWade era and was a wonderful day. I attended every game with my Mom and Dad from ‘68-80, and great memories. While I cannot remember who MU played that day I last went with my Dad, I do remember him tearing up during National Anthem (he did everytime he heard it), said “no basket” when MU was on D, and “good shot” on every offensive possession. All things he said every game, “back in the day”.

Aside from a stroll down memory lane, just wanted to say to all going to the game with their parents, enjoy the moment. Break the rules and park wherever you fxxkin want to. These are moments and games that will last a lifetime in your memory and your heart. Enjoy it!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 05:39:57 AM »
Yes, but get there early. I'd say at least 45 mins before tip.

Took my grandpa to a game earlier and all the handicap spots were taken.

Great advice, I was assuming early arrival given the circumstances.

Honestly, with your challenges, I would get their a hour early. Beat the parking garage crowd entirely.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 06:56:37 AM »
Hopefully, scoop nation will get you set up chemical.  And don't be a stranger around here.  About 92% of us are nice folks!   :)

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 07:24:46 AM »
Do you have anyone driving you? You could always got unloaded right next to the stadium. If you go by the loading dock the street is mostly unused and I'm positive there will be employees there to help.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 07:39:53 AM »
Do you have anyone driving you? You could always got unloaded right next to the stadium. If you go by the loading dock the street is mostly unused and I'm positive there will be employees there to help.
For Chrissakes...you think this guy hasn’t thought of this?

Can somebody please step up with a parking pass so this great fan can get his motorized cart and his wheelchair bound mother to the game safely?

Holy sh*t. Some of you MFers are tone deaf as hell!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 08:31:51 AM »
For Chrissakes...you think this guy hasn’t thought of this?

Can somebody please step up with a parking pass so this great fan can get his motorized cart and his wheelchair bound mother to the game safely?

Holy sh*t. Some of you MFers are tone deaf as hell!

He quite possibly has not. Since no one who has posted has a parking pass yet, some of us are offering alternatives which include showing up early or other outlets. The only tone deaf person is you, ranting at people attempting to help him.

Another alternative would be to call the fiserv today and see if they would be able to assist you.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 08:35:11 AM »
I’m a long time lurker but this is my first post. For the game on Sunday I’m trying desperately to get parking in the 5th Street structure which seems to be sold out.
I can't believe 1,250 parking spots at the Fiserv Forum structure would be sold out. There is also the Bradley Center structure as well. Get their early as the game is a near sell-out. You should be fine!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 08:47:17 AM »
He quite possibly has not. Since no one who has posted has a parking pass yet, some of us are offering alternatives which include showing up early or other outlets. The only tone deaf person is you, ranting at people attempting to help him.

Another alternative would be to call the fiserv today and see if they would be able to assist you.
Your suggestion that somebody “unload” him and his cancer stricken mother is not an attempt to help.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 08:48:38 AM »
Your suggestion that somebody “unload” him and his cancer stricken mother is not an attempt to help.

Weird hill to battle on.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 08:54:48 AM »
Weird hill to battle on.

Scoop hills are the weirdest hills
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 09:12:01 AM »
Weird hill to battle on.

Tis a good one to die on. All we need now are politics and we shall get the scoop trifecta

chemical729

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 09:18:47 AM »
Thank you for all the responses. If somebody comes through with a parking pass I’d be very grateful but if not it’s okay too! I’ll try to get down to the stadium as early as I can and hope for the best. I called Fiserv and talked to a few people and apparently they don’t sell parking passes over the phone but yet say to call for ADA passes. I went to the website they suggested but nothing was available!

burger

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 09:34:37 AM »
Somebody that is not 1000 miles away like me......Call the athletic department.......

That chick that sits behind the bench every game that looks like she runs "all things Marquette".....AKA.....Who probably got the Hauser's grandparents floor tickets at Georgetown should probably be able to get this done in 5 seconds.....

You know there is going to be in stadium parking.....I am sure the Bucks use it......

Clearly a one off ....special circumstance......

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 09:52:35 AM »
Hitting up the mubb Twitter might also get you some good results

gbmufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 10:58:11 AM »
Chemical729 please get me your email address so I can help you out.

chemical729

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 11:18:55 AM »
Awesome! Sent you a pm.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »
Nice work, gbmufan!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 01:12:19 PM »

gb, hit me up if you need to know my go-to free street parking areas.
Have some patience, FFS.

chemical729

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 02:36:57 PM »
Thanks to all for your help! gbmufan came up huge for my family and somehow got me a parking pass! It has been a rough road with her cancer and she's finally starting to feel more like herself and wants to get a out for an event other than doctor appointments. We were season ticket holders for 12 years and this was the first year my family and I didn't renew because of her health. This act of kindness will make it so much more enjoyable to not worry about parking!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:55:39 PM by chemical729 »

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 02:40:45 PM »

Being the difference. Tip of the cap to you
Bring back FFP!!!