[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Man do I love the Hausers  (Read 72708 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Man do I love the Hausers
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2019, 08:08:09 AM »
Your use of the word “patrons” is delicious.

Da Lanche may be more hallowed ground than Augusta National itself!
To some, it probably is.  A sepia filtered memory of a time with more friends and fewer responsibilities and consequences.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2019, 11:11:30 AM »
They tried switching from bottles to plastics cups in the 83 timeframe, and it went over like a lead balloon.  It lasted about two weeks and they switched back since they were losing their customers.

After that they started kicking out bottle breakers.  I didn't mind, as I once had a glass shard go through my shoe and into my foot.  Luckily it only broke the skin and didn't cause any other damage, but I curtailed bottle breaking after that.

Was there 82-86 and loved the 'Lanche, but never really did understand the whole bottle breaking thing from a liability standpoint.  Kinda scary to be honest, and yet it was all the rage....  Loved the prices though and the pool table.  Doc (not Rivers, a friend of mine nicknamed Doc) and I used to clean up on the pool table....

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »
Was there 82-86 and loved the 'Lanche, but never really did understand the whole bottle breaking thing from a liability standpoint.  Kinda scary to be honest, and yet it was all the rage....  Loved the prices though and the pool table.  Doc (not Rivers, a friend of mine nicknamed Doc) and I used to clean up on the pool table....

I loved those pool tables.  I was never good enough to play on the weekends, but a buddy and I would stop there most weeknights after a couple hours in the library to play pool, drink beer and gab with Mitch.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2019, 07:37:00 PM »
Was there 82-86 and loved the 'Lanche, but never really did understand the whole bottle breaking thing from a liability standpoint.

What college kids are thinking of liability of drinking establishments?

When I was at MU, I didn't understand a lot of things.

Including most of the stuff my profs were teaching.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2019, 05:57:42 AM »
Scoop is making it worse???

You clearly have an inflated view of the role, influence, and relevance of fan message boards.

During a deployment to A Stan I corresponded with Rosiak who described Dodd's board and Scoop as 'fewer than 50 people per site who were overly obsessed with Marquette basketball and who took things far too seriously and, worse, far too personally.' Rosiak told me he checked in on the MU fan sites to get a pulse on topic but rarely read the content as it was mostly nonsense.

If you think that MU Scoop or Dodds board (or any of the various sites focused on Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc...) have any relevance to the teams in question you are delusional.

Take it from a Renaissance Man as fact.

Not saying that there's any real influence (apart from the weird Dawson's family being on here time) but wow really makes you think how long ago Rosiak was when he'd have described this forum as fewer than 50 people. Though Dodd's might be fewer than 20 at this point
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2019, 06:09:29 AM »
Galway,

If I thought this site had anything to do with the success of MU ball I would be wearing a cheerleader outfit. Scoop is a place that 25-30 folks vent or celebrate, and a couple hundred who chime in. This site has zero impact, positive or negative on the program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2019, 06:13:15 AM »
Galway,

If I thought this site had anything to do with the success of MU ball I would be wearing a cheerleader outfit. Scoop is a place that 25-30 folks vent or celebrate, and a couple hundred who chime in. This site has zero impact, positive or negative on the program.

I'm curious what the daily activity chart is like on scoop because I feel like people that were chiming in have become regular over the years. But again i definitely agree it doesn't have any impact (outside of Dawson's cousin and dad being on here).
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2019, 06:17:18 AM »
Galway,
As I like to say, use the eye test. If a regular goes missing for a few days I always take note. Whenever something big pops, you see some old names on here or a slew of new ones. I think 25-30 is about right for folks that spend too much time on scoop.

On a side bar, over time I have learned folks sleep pattern, time zones and preferred posting time. In addition, can usually tell who has had a cocktail or two before posting.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:19:47 AM by Goose »

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2019, 06:33:22 AM »
Message boards are big with player families. Not sure about MU, but I know for sure at other places.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
Message boards are big with player families. Not sure about MU, but I know for sure at other places.

Caveat emptor.

Don't like what you might read on an interwebs fan site populated by anonymous people who might (and do) say anything? Don't read it.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2019, 10:53:23 AM »

An individual’s post on Dodds’ old board cost MU the oldest Zeller. Fact.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2019, 11:16:46 AM »

Then that Zeller is an idiot. One shouldn't be making life decisions on the basis of what is posted on a place like Dodds' board.

And I have heard that story and I wouldn't posit that as fact.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2019, 11:40:55 AM »
again, ill ask again...the claim is that the hausers didn’t leave because of markus. the claim is the hausers didn’t leave because they wanted more shots. the claim is the hausers left because wojo’s inability to reign markus in caused them to lose faith in wojo’s coaching ability.

yet the hausers went to wojo and said its markus or its the hausers, you pick? why? if they lost faith in wojos ability to coach and it wasnt about their opportunities to showcase their skill set, wouldnt they be gone regardless? what does markus being around have to do with it? theyd find faith in wojos ability to coach without markus around?

THE MATH DOESNT ADD UP! if it has nothing to do with markus and their opportunities with him around theyre gone regardless of whether markus was back or not. which it has become evident is not the case. you cant have it both ways. it cant be they didnt care about their own attempts and it wasnt markus, but theyd be back if markus was gone.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2019, 11:42:40 AM »

Then he (or his Mommy/Daddy) was too weak-minded to be a Warrior. Glad the wussy went elsewhere.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2019, 11:50:32 AM »
again, ill ask again...the claim is that the hausers didn’t leave because of markus. the claim is the hausers didn’t leave because they wanted more shots. the claim is the hausers left because wojo’s inability to reign markus in caused them to lose faith in wojo’s coaching ability.

yet the hausers went to wojo and said its markus or its the hausers, you pick? why? if they lost faith in wojos ability to coach and it wasnt about their opportunities to showcase their skill set, wouldnt they be gone regardless? what does markus being around have to do with it? theyd find faith in wojos ability to coach without markus around?

THE MATH DOESNT ADD UP! if it has nothing to do with markus and their opportunities with him around theyre gone regardless of whether markus was back or not. which it has become evident is not the case. you cant have it both ways. it cant be they didnt care about their own attempts and it wasnt markus, but theyd be back if markus was gone.
+1,000,000. It’s amazing that more cannot see this logical inconsistency.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2019, 12:00:11 PM »

As one who has said dozens of times that Wojo has proven to be a bad CEO of this "corporation" due to his inability to manage egos (among other flaws), I nonetheless wonder about this, also.

If the problem was complete loss of trust in Wojo, and Wojo was going to still be at Marquette whether or not Markus stayed or went, why would Mommy and Daddy let their little boys stay to be coached by a guy they neither liked nor trusted? Makes no sense.

This is the kind of thing that reminds me that situations are rarely cut-and-dried, black-and-white, him-vs-him. There is nuance, which some in both the WOJO IS HORRIBLE and THE HAUSERS ARE SOFT camps seem to ignore. They've dug in, and they can dismiss, defend or deflect any point that doesn't confirm their biases.

Heck, some even refuse to admit they have biases, something every single human being on the planet has.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »
I agree.  It seems like maybe they were OK enough with Wojo’s abilities until Howard announced he was coming back. 

So maybe Sam was OK with Wojo and the offense as long as there was a chance he was going to be the feature.  His HS coach kind of said as much.  Sam wanted to be able to show his stuff more for the next level.  The NBA will find you if you’re good enough whether you’re the feature or nor.  Look no further than Wesley M. and Dwight B. in recent MU history.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2019, 01:29:27 PM »

So people here report that the Hausers don't want to play with Markus. It has also been widely stated here that the Hausers didn't want to play with Herro.

So trying to look at it objectively here, what is the common denominator? Not wanting to play with someone who will be in the limelight or get more touches? That is the conclusion I see, but I admit it is from a limited amount of evidence.

Sam (and then Joey) was the man at SPASH. Did they expect the same at a high Division 1 school? They are both highly skilled basketball players, but with serious athletic limitations. They are complimentary players wherever they go (assuming it is a perennial power team).

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2019, 02:02:46 PM »
It could be that they thought Wojo had a blind spot for Markus that caused the serious issues. If Markus leaves, things could get better.

Maybe if it was only Wojo, they would be able to make it work and not sacrifice a year of eligibility/making money. They probably thought another year with Markus/Wojo would look like the end of last year. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2019, 02:42:35 PM »
It could be that they thought Wojo had a blind spot for Markus that caused the serious issues. If Markus leaves, things could get better.

Maybe if it was only Wojo, they would be able to make it work and not sacrifice a year of eligibility/making money. They probably thought another year with Markus/Wojo would look like the end of last year.
I guess I would ask why it wouldn’t/couldn’t also look like the first 75% of last year, which was pretty damn good.

To me, it all comes down to them wanting to be the stars. That’s the only possible conclusion I get from all the evidence. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2019, 03:03:05 PM »
I guess I would ask why it wouldn’t/couldn’t also look like the first 75% of last year, which was pretty damn good.

To me, it all comes down to them wanting to be the stars. That’s the only possible conclusion I get from all the evidence.

So, they should transfer to UW....Stevens Point.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2019, 03:06:10 PM »
So, they should transfer to UW....Stevens Point.
Wherever. I don’t really care. 

I have previously said it would be a mistake to got to UVA/ ACC.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »
Then he (or his Mommy/Daddy) was too weak-minded to be a Warrior. Glad the wussy went elsewhere.

too lazy to look up where he did go, but where ever it was, i'm sure their message board was named kumbaya and filled love love love
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2019, 03:47:52 PM »

This is going to seem a little reducto ad absurdem, so I apologize in advance, but I would be careful with mindsets like this. In my past work, I have had to be the person who responds to a call because a college student hung themselves after being bullied online. I have had to attend a funeral of a different student who killed themselves after they had been repeatedly threatened and stalked online. I will never forget either of those experiences.

Now these students weren't killed because of cyberbullying. They had mental illnesses and the cyberbullying was a catalyst that exasperated those conditions. However, we often fall into the trap of thinking every one on the internet, including the players, the coaches, and our fellow scoopers are of sound mind and body. They are not. So if some one is hurt or offended by something someone says online, maybe they are wusses. Or maybe they are dealing with something that we don't know about. I'd just avoid being quick to judge.

Alright, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Sorry.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2019, 03:50:20 PM »
This is going to seem a little reducto ad absurdem, so I apologize in advance, but I would be careful with mindsets like this. In my past work, I have had to be the person who responds to a call because a college student hung themselves after being bullied online. I have had to attend a funeral of a different student who killed themselves after they had been repeatedly threatened and stalked online. I will never forget either of those experiences.

Now these students weren't killed because of cyberbullying. They had mental illnesses and the cyberbullying was a catalyst that exasperated those conditions. However, we often fall into the trap of thinking every one on the internet, including the players, the coaches, and our fellow scoopers are of sound mind and body. They are not. So if some one is hurt or offended by something someone says online, maybe they are wusses. Or maybe they are dealing with something that we don't know about. I'd just avoid being quick to judge.

Alright, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Sorry.

Very Good Soapbox to be on.  Thanks
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback