[Today at 10:54:04 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Man do I love the Hausers  (Read 72638 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Man do I love the Hausers
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »
At the end of the day, does it really matter who takes what percent of the blame?   

It seems more important to:

1.  Expect Wojo to fix the culture and our roster immediately to salvage next season and beyond or be shown the door?

2.  Support our All-American guard returning for his senior year...one in which he will leave as our all time leading scorer?

3.  Wish the Hausers well as they pursue their own dreams as individuals and a family?

4.  Look forward to the growth and development of the remaining roster?

5.  Stop bickering about who killed whom?

We are Marquette!

Works for me!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »
At the end of the day, does it really matter who takes what percent of the blame?   

1.  Expect Wojo to fix the culture and our roster immediately to salvage next season and beyond or be shown the door?

2.  Support our All-American guard returning for his senior year...one in which he will leave as our all time leading scorer?

3.  Wish the Hausers well as they pursue their own dreams as individuals and a family?

We are Marquette!

We need more of this.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2019, 12:48:24 PM »

This situation sucks. We're making it worse.

Scoop is making it worse???

You clearly have an inflated view of the role, influence, and relevance of fan message boards.

During a deployment to A Stan I corresponded with Rosiak who described Dodd's board and Scoop as 'fewer than 50 people per site who were overly obsessed with Marquette basketball and who took things far too seriously and, worse, far too personally.' Rosiak told me he checked in on the MU fan sites to get a pulse on topic but rarely read the content as it was mostly nonsense.

If you think that MU Scoop or Dodds board (or any of the various sites focused on Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc...) have any relevance to the teams in question you are delusional.

Take it from a Renaissance Man as fact.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2019, 12:58:38 PM »
Scoop is making it worse???

You clearly have an inflated view of the role, influence, and relevance of fan message boards.

During a deployment to A Stan I corresponded with Rosiak who described Dodd's board and Scoop as 'fewer than 50 people per site who were overly obsessed with Marquette basketball and who took things far too seriously and, worse, far too personally.' Rosiak told me he checked in on the MU fan sites to get a pulse on topic but rarely read the content as it was mostly nonsense.

If you think that MU Scoop or Dodds board (or any of the various sites focused on Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc...) have any relevance to the teams in question you are delusional.

Take it from a Renaissance Man as fact.

Scoop is powerless. But the invisible hand of the underboard and the men of the meat summit should not be questioned!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2019, 01:11:00 PM »

We are Marquette!

I love good posts from someone with a 'Lanche related screen name!

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2019, 01:22:24 PM »
I love good posts from someone with a 'Lanche related screen name!

Thanks Good Sir.   If only we could hold a scoop summit at the Lanche...grab a .50 cent bottle of red,white and blue...then smash the empty bottle on the floor while enjoying the traditional beer slides...why...that could solve a lot!     

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2019, 01:31:39 PM »
Thanks Good Sir.   If only we could hold a scoop summit at the Lanche...grab a .50 cent bottle of red,white and blue...then smash the empty bottle on the floor while enjoying the traditional beer slides...why...that could solve a lot!     

Been there, done that a few times, at least with the bottles.  And did it when they were 50 cents (and 40 and 45 cents also).

The slides were a bit after I left.

We'd need a good name for the summit.  Meat summit is taken.  Beer summit is taken. Melt the Ice summit is a little cumbersome.  Naked summit is not in the cards at my age.

There's got to be a good one out there.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2019, 01:37:09 PM »
Scoop is powerless. But the invisible hand of the underboard and the men of the meat summit should not be questioned!

Aggie

The Underboard knows all, sees all, but doesn't share with all.

Underboarders knew of Megan Duffy, the planned sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, Buzz Williams' toilet peculiarities, Truman defeats Dewey, We Aren't With Her, the location of Jimmy Hoffa, and Hauser dissatisfaction well before the general population.

Meat Summiteering is a privilege.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:38:45 PM by Jon »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »
Eye don't wanna cee Sam's stuff, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2019, 01:39:24 PM »
Been there, done that a few times, at least with the bottles.  And did it when they were 50 cents (and 40 and 45 cents also).

The slides were a bit after I left.

We'd need a good name for the summit.  Meat summit is taken.  Beer summit is taken. Melt the Ice summit is a little cumbersome.  Naked summit is not in the cards at my age.

There's got to be a good one out there.

Glass Shard Summit?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2019, 01:45:11 PM »

We are Marquette!

It's a holiday weekend.  This works for me too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »

35 cents back in my day, youngster.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2019, 02:33:29 PM »
This could be a function of Sam not getting the ball enough (it's not) or getting keyed on more by defenses (probably, yes), but we do need to remember that if he was operating at 40.8 usage there's no way his ORTG is much higher than Howard's. I don't even want to think about Joey's ORTG if his usage was 40.8 either.
I understand your statistical point, but the fact that Markus' usage was 40.8% was due solely to Markus.  He was the one with the ball in his hands on every possession.  I'd argue that Sam, even if he had been tasked at being the point forward, would never have had a usage anywhere in that vicinity. 

If Markus' ORTG was low because of extraordinary high usage, that is 100% on Markus (well, and Wojo of course).  So to argue that Sam's ORTG would have been lower at that level of usage misses the fact he would never have been at 40.8 to start with.  Yet even as his effectiveness was tanking, Markus continued to hoist up a large number of bad shots.  When you are 1-15 in the game and you insist on calling your own number again for the last shot, there's a problem.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »
I understand your statistical point, but the fact that Markus' usage was 40.8% was due solely to Markus.  He was the one with the ball in his hands on every possession.  I'd argue that Sam, even if he had been tasked at being the point forward, would never have had a usage anywhere in that vicinity. 

If Markus' ORTG was low because of extraordinary high usage, that is 100% on Markus (well, and Wojo of course).  So to argue that Sam's ORTG would have been lower at that level of usage misses the fact he would never have been at 40.8 to start with.  Yet even as his effectiveness was tanking, Markus continued to hoist up a large number of bad shots.  When you are 1-15 in the game and you insist on calling your own number again for the last shot, there's a problem.

He was tasked with that in the win @ Georgetown, and his usage rate was 34%, highest of the season and well above his 19% season average

I would argue Sam probably should have played point forward this season

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2019, 02:53:55 PM »

We are Marquette!

Stealing Katie's thoughts, that sounds like a Mission Statement for next Season.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
35 cents back in my day, youngster.

I was there from 84-88....you must have drank a lot of beer just prior to my arrival for that level of inflation on a red white and blue grenade bottle over a couple of years!    In honor of the wonderful Grateful Dead Nights held at the lanche' on Sunday evenings (at least in my time) how about the "Marquette Basketball...what a long strange trip its been summit?"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 03:22:51 PM by Da 'Lanche »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2019, 03:28:59 PM »
anybody else get the feeling that wojo has his own flushing issues. maybe on private planes? hilarious the irony of a guy who had to deactivate his insta because he was called out on a marquette basketball forum for embarrassing comments is taking shots at wojo for deactivating his twitter. wonder how many followers each of you have. my guess would be over 5K for wojo compared to about 100 for our pilot. so scared away by 5K or scared away by a hundred. but wojos soft and the pilot is very manly.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2019, 03:29:30 PM »
He was tasked with that in the win @ Georgetown, and his usage rate was 34%, highest of the season and well above his 19% season average

Apples to pistachios.  Sam's usage that game came in the nearly complete absence of Markus, while Markus racked his up while Sam was on the court (frequently waving his hands for the ball).

Having Sam with the ball in his hands more often, whether he brought up the court or simply initiated the offense, would have been a good idea IMO.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 03:36:49 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2019, 06:14:08 PM »
I was there from 84-88....you must have drank a lot of beer just prior to my arrival for that level of inflation on a red white and blue grenade bottle over a couple of years!    In honor of the wonderful Grateful Dead Nights held at the lanche' on Sunday evenings (at least in my time) how about the "Marquette Basketball...what a long strange trip its been summit?"
Am I remembering correctly that late in our 84-88 shared time there, they quit selling bottle is PBR because the place was held up and the patrons made to lay on the floor in a miasma of broken glass and bad beer?  Or has time played tricks with my memories again?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:06 PM »
Am I remembering correctly that late in our 84-88 shared time there, they quit selling bottle is PBR because the place was held up and the patrons made to lay on the floor in a miasma of broken glass and bad beer?  Or has time played tricks with my memories again?

You are correct, Tower! By our senior year they only sold plastic cups and tap beer...on the "upside" they added Blatz Dark to the 50 cent menu.    That is when the beer slides became a thing with no glass on the floor...although I seem to remember hazily that bottles still were shattered on the floor now and then...maybe they still had an assortment of bottled beer but just did not sell them on the weekends or at busy times with the warriors out in full force.  They changed because of that hold up incident.   I was there one evening and the owner/bartender pulled a gun on a patron from the surrounding neighborhood who snuck in late at night and tried to buy from the takeout are... without buying...I miss those days...and am happy to be alive.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2019, 06:33:44 PM »

Apples to pistachios.  Sam's usage that game came in the nearly complete absence of Markus, while Markus racked his up while Sam was on the court (frequently waving his hands for the ball).

Having Sam with the ball in his hands more often, whether he brought up the court or simply initiated the offense, would have been a good idea IMO.

Sam was obviously outstanding in that game and carried us to a win. I wouldn't have minded if he had the ball in his hands more. He also had 1 assist that game with the 34% usage rate. He had trouble beating guys off the dribble all season and was not a creator for others.

Granted, it's one game and a small sample size but let's not carried away with Sam as a point forward.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2019, 07:25:45 PM »
Sam was obviously outstanding in that game and carried us to a win. I wouldn't have minded if he had the ball in his hands more. He also had 1 assist that game with the 34% usage rate. He had trouble beating guys off the dribble all season and was not a creator for others.

Granted, it's one game and a small sample size but let's not carried away with Sam as a point forward.

Not to mention it was an entirely unscouted look and undoubtedly teams would’ve pressured him much more, thus making him work much harder, if that became a regular strategy. And given that Sam at times throughout his career has seemed to wear down, that would not have helped.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2019, 07:33:50 PM »
Not to mention it was an entirely unscouted look and undoubtedly teams would’ve pressured him much more, thus making him work much harder, if that became a regular strategy. And given that Sam at times throughout his career has seemed to wear down, that would not have helped.

Good point.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2019, 12:37:30 AM »

Your use of the word “patrons” is delicious.

Da Lanche may be more hallowed ground than Augusta National itself!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
You are correct, Tower! By our senior year they only sold plastic cups and tap beer...on the "upside" they added Blatz Dark to the 50 cent menu.    That is when the beer slides became a thing with no glass on the floor...although I seem to remember hazily that bottles still were shattered on the floor now and then...maybe they still had an assortment of bottled beer but just did not sell them on the weekends or at busy times with the warriors out in full force.  They changed because of that hold up incident.   I was there one evening and the owner/bartender pulled a gun on a patron from the surrounding neighborhood who snuck in late at night and tried to buy from the takeout are... without buying...I miss those days...and am happy to be alive.

They tried switching from bottles to plastics cups in the 83 timeframe, and it went over like a lead balloon.  It lasted about two weeks and they switched back since they were losing their customers.

After that they started kicking out bottle breakers.  I didn't mind, as I once had a glass shard go through my shoe and into my foot.  Luckily it only broke the skin and didn't cause any other damage, but I curtailed bottle breaking after that.