[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Man do I love the Hausers  (Read 72648 times)

fjm

• All American
Re: Man do I love the Hausers
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
I agree with all of this.

And if hoopaloop actually read this thread, he would have seen that I admitted I was over the top on what I had said.

He might try admitting a mistake occasionally, too, but that can't be easy for somebody who is certain that he knows everything about everything. Ners and Smuggles can't do it, either.

As for the subject, Markus definitely does get criticized on this board far more than either Hauser does. It must happen for the same reason some don't want to vote Markus SOTG even when he obviously is the only rational choice -- we have gotten so used to his greatness that we sometimes take it for granted; plus, the human tendency is to pick nits.

Howard does get bashed too much.

Having said that, he is our QB. He is our star pitcher. He is our goalie.

He is the guy who will get examined the most. And rightfully so. He has bought himself that exposure and that scrutiny by being our star.

I think he’s amazing but in sports we always over examine the star. Skin color and race be damned. Aaron Rodgers gets over examined more than the wide receivers etc. that’s because he’s the star. He’s the one driving the team.

Howard is a unnatural carnal knowledgeing amazing player and even better person. Unfortunately the better you are the greater the scrutiny.

Now to the topic at hand, the hausers are amazing. Do they have some things they are not great at? YES. But I would take them as my starters on my team every Gol Dern day. They are freaking amazing.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2019, 09:23:58 PM »
Lack of self awareness revealed

Nope.  I do it as well, and have said so I’m the past.  Doesn’t change what he did and has done on a number of occasions.  Surprised it isn’t part of his latest signature where it usually resides.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2019, 09:26:37 PM »
I agree with all of this.

And if hoopaloop actually read this thread, he would have seen that I admitted I was over the top on what I had said.

He might try admitting a mistake occasionally, too, but that can't be easy for somebody who is certain that he knows everything about everything. Ners and Smuggles can't do it, either.

As for the subject, Markus definitely does get criticized on this board far more than either Hauser does. It must happen for the same reason some don't want to vote Markus SOTG even when he obviously is the only rational choice -- we have gotten so used to his greatness that we sometimes take it for granted; plus, the human tendency is to pick nits.

I’ve admitted mistakes countless times here.  Countless.  Use the search functionality.

Part of revealing my character....right?  LOL.  Always the same guys bitching, also not surprising...always along ideological lines...also not surprising. 

Not what is said here, but who says the what.  Been that way for a decade here.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2019, 10:40:42 PM »
I’ve admitted mistakes countless times here.  Countless.  Use the search functionality.

Part of revealing my character....right?  LOL.  Always the same guys bitching, also not surprising...always along ideological lines...also not surprising. 

You're the injured party as usual, Banny McBannerson. Everybody else has poor character except you.

What will your screen name be when you come back from your next banning?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2019, 11:07:19 PM »
You're the injured party as usual, Banny McBannerson. Everybody else has poor character except you.

We all have poor character at times, it is called being human.  I’m human, have bad character at times.  Most of time decent character, and sometimes great character.  I suspect the same is true of you and others here.

Not sure why you said I don’t admit I’m wrong occasionally, because I have.  More hyperbole I suppose.  At any rate, it’s good to be human. 

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2019, 08:56:44 AM »

Howard is a unnatural carnal knowledgeing amazing player and even better person. Unfortunately the better you are the greater the scrutiny.

I always get a kick out of this.  I know it's just a common saying but I love it.  Dude's a top 5 player in the country.  Does that make him a top-2 Person!? 

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2019, 09:07:21 AM »
I always get a kick out of this.  I know it's just a common saying but I love it.  Dude's a top 5 player in the country.  Does that make him a top-2 Person!?

He doesn't associate with any well known nut-punchers, so he's at least above Happ.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2019, 10:08:05 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkF5hggDko

Grew up winning together.  Time to go lock down a Big East title.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2019, 07:47:05 AM »
I'm a big fan of Mr. Hauser's No Shovel Club, Effective March 1st

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »
Interesting re-reading this thread.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2019, 10:54:02 PM »
Interesting re-reading this thread.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2019, 11:16:59 PM »
This thread is going to get shut down soon and deservedly so.   Mike was wrong and cheeks just keeps revealing  his character.

However, this dovetails with another thread about how the Hausers (may or may not be) are perceived by other coaches.  I am thrilled Bo messed up with Sam.  I am thrilled they play for Marquette.  But their play is not beyond approach.  Both struggle to beat their defender off the dribble.  Both have a slow jumpshot that can be easily crowded.  Neither has great lateral quickness.   Both show their frustration easily.  Joey is very prone to the dumb freshman pass.
   Both shoot well, handle the ball well and can exploit mismatches around the basket.  Both would be better with a pass first, penetrating PG.   Both work their butts off on defense.   Both have work to do to make the league.

I am a big fan of both.   Neither is above reproach.

Are you sure you're not a Scout? I just spoke with my UNLV '90 alum friend, and he asked his NBA scout buddy for a synopsis on Sam, it was almost word~for~word to this post.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2019, 07:36:22 PM »
Reading this thread and contrasting it with "new" opinions of the boys and their family would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »
Reading this thread and contrasting it with "new" opinions of the boys and their family would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

Is there a way to post a sad "+1"?

Oh well...agreed, Lennys.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2019, 07:41:58 PM »
Are you sure you're not a Scout? I just spoke with my UNLV '90 alum friend, and he asked his NBA scout buddy for a synopsis on Sam, it was almost word~for~word to this post.

Maybe he is quoting me because I am just that damn good.   

Written in February.   Or about the time they decided that they needed to work on their prose.   Joey's petulance had been clear to me from November.    His decision making and quickness did not improve as the season went on.   Sam was shut down by a 6'4 guy against Murray St.   Got right up under his chin and dared him to dribble.     Great catch and shoot players.    Nice in the mid post against smaller players.    Played hard.   
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:02:29 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2019, 08:37:30 PM »
Guys.....

More fodder....

Inside scoop from someone who knows Hauser’s parents:

“We were so hoping Markus would leave.  He'd discovered nobody NBA wanted.  Arrogant announcement "Dear Marquette,  I'm back" was the straw.  Sam & Joey are not used to losing.  3 Large School state championships. Real problems started just before losing streak.  Wojo called plays for Sam late in games.  Markus ignored them and took shots himself.  Meeting called.  Wojo made promises, but never kept - Markus just kept doing what he wanted.  Villanova game in Philly - we were up while Markus sat.  He returned and took poor shots that cost us the game.  Failing to win just two games to clinch the Big East with Markus continuing to hog and free lance.  He and Wojo are responsible for collapse.  Sam lost confidence in Wojo and saw no signs of controlling Markus - predicting more losses in to next year.  Sam has next level aspirations with never a chance to show his stuff.  Markus returned to try to bolster his NBA worth - my prediction is he will be a worse ball hog next year!
   Wojo has always been a terrible game coach.  Early with Rousey, Markus,  Rhinehardt and Sam, MU had to score 90 points to win a game.  When opponents figured us out, usually we would blow double digit half time leads to double digit second half losses.  Once they figured out how to stop Markus, Wojo had no answer.  One pro scout said Markus is a great shootder with terrible shot selection. He had more turnovers than assists - poor defender.  Wojo made promise to Sam he never even tried to keep.  We know the Hausers.  Quality family.  Parents did not make decision.  Sam did.  I had lunch with Dave Hauser and Jack Bennett last Friday.  He reported that Sam was in a very bad place.  They were hoping Markus would leave - and no chance Wojo would rein him in. What an idiot.”

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2019, 08:39:51 PM »

Life is so unfair.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2019, 08:41:15 PM »
Guys.....

More fodder....

“We were so hoping Markus would leave.  He'd discovered nobody NBA wanted.  Arrogant announcement "Dear Marquette,  I'm back" was the straw.  Sam & Joey are not used to losing.  3 Large School state championships. Real problems started just before losing streak.  Wojo called plays for Sam late in games.  Markus ignored them and took shots himself.  Meeting called.  Wojo made promises, but never kept - Markus just kept doing what he wanted.  Villanova game in Philly - we were up while Markus sat.  He returned and took poor shots that cost us the game.  Failing to win just two games to clinch the Big East with Markus continuing to hog and free lance.  He and Wojo are responsible for collapse.  Sam lost confidence in Wojo and saw no signs of controlling Markus - predicting more losses in to next year.  Sam has next level aspirations with never a chance to show his stuff.  Markus returned to try to bolster his NBA worth - my prediction is he will be a worse ball hog next year!
   Wojo has always been a terrible game coach.  Early with Rousey, Markus,  Rhinehardt and Sam, MU had to score 90 points to win a game.  When opponents figured us out, usually we would blow double digit half time leads to double digit second half losses.  Once they figured out how to stop Markus, Wojo had no answer.  One pro scout said Markus is a great shootder with terrible shot selection. He had more turnovers than assists - poor defender.  Wojo made promise to Sam he never even tried to keep.  We know the Hausers.  Quality family.  Parents did not make decision.  Sam did.  I had lunch with Dave Hauser and Jack Bennett last Friday.  He reported that Sam was in a very bad place.  They were hoping Markus would leave - and no chance Wojo would rein him in. What an idiot.”
So, all those trips together up to Point were meaningless?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »
Guys.....

More fodder....

Excellent detective work. Thanks for sharing .

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

fjm

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2019, 08:56:03 PM »
Guys.....

More fodder....

Sheesh. I can see this if it’s true. Sad.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2019, 08:56:24 PM »
"Sam has next level aspirations with never a chance to show his stuff."

Great post and helpful. But Sam has had plenty of chances to "show his stuff". I just don't see how sitting out a year and then playing a year for the Badgers is going to help his aspirations. Still, if half of this is true, makes Wojo look pretty bad. I still get the feeling...Boo hoo he doesn't pass me the ball.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »
"Sam has next level aspirations with never a chance to show his stuff."

Great post and helpful. But Sam has had plenty of chances to "show his stuff". I just don't see how sitting out a year and then playing a year for the Badgers is going to help his aspirations. Still, if half of this is true, makes Wojo look pretty bad. I still get the feeling...Boo hoo he doesn't pass me the ball.
He  will be another year older on top of being a 5th year senior.  That makes no sense in today’s world of what have you done lately.  I really hate that view, but it’s reality.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »
Guys.....

More fodder....

And there you have it. What other stuff is he hoping to show that he wasn’t getting the opportunity to here?  Hoist 4-5 more threes a game?  Learn how to dribble so he could initiate some offense other than backing down an undersized defender in the post?  He has one NBA level skill and he was showing it plenty for teams to see and understand what he could do. Thinking that he’s got more than that is delusional.

Seems Markus wasn’t the only (or even the most) selfish guy on the team.

Edited to add:  the more I read that, the angrier I get. Us losing those games is not just Wojo and Markus’ fault. I’m pretty sure Sam was out there, got a good amount of shots quite a few of which he bricked. Looking to blame everybody else for a failure in which they played a major role, even though they are “winners”.  What a bunch of hot garbage.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:06:17 PM by ATL MU Warrior »

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2019, 09:02:06 PM »
Guys.....

More fodder....

If true (I believe it is). Wojo is a f*ckin clown. 

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2019, 09:02:26 PM »
Guys.....

More fodder....

I think we need to accept that this will forever be a Rashomon type of story, with Markus, Wojo, and Sam all telling different versions.  No matter who you believe, Wojo comes out looking bad, either for not reigning in Markus, or not hearing out Sam and the rest of the team, or not managing egos properly.

feedback