Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hoping for a healthy Markus  (Read 14084 times)

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
Re: Hoping for a healthy Markus
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »
And be healthy...

From the latest Inside MU Basketball episode, it looks like GE is practicing with the full-speed with the team, including in their simulated game during finals week.  If they're doing that, I'm imagining he's healthy enough to play right now.  Even so, I don't see them pulling the redshirt at this point, since it's likely Markus won't miss more than a game or two.  Tuesday proved that we don't necessarily need a primary ball handler, and I think the "Wojo has totally given up hope on JC" talk isn't true. 

1SE

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2019, 02:26:07 AM »
Guys, while I have zero inside info, you all do appreciate that Wojo is making Ed's game planning as tough as possible.

Mind games, there are no injuries 
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »
From the latest Inside MU Basketball episode, it looks like GE is practicing with the full-speed with the team, including in their simulated game during finals week.  If they're doing that, I'm imagining he's healthy enough to play right now.  Even so, I don't see them pulling the redshirt at this point, since it's likely Markus won't miss more than a game or two.  Tuesday proved that we don't necessarily need a primary ball handler, and I think the "Wojo has totally given up hope on JC" talk isn't true.

I agree that they won't pull the redshirt but just because we managed to pull off a win againt Georgetown doesn't mean we don't need a primary ball handler.

A different opponent might have made the opposite clear.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
If the staff thought Greg would help us these last 13 games, the.BET and NCAA games, they might consider pulling the red shirt

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2019, 12:55:48 PM »
If the staff thought Greg would help us these last 13 games, the.BET and NCAA games, they might consider pulling the red shirt

I have to think Greg and his family would have some say in any decision. He may not want to forfeit a year to step in late in the season. Besides, it would only be arguably necessary if Markus was out for an extended period (no reason to believe that is the case), and if that were the case, the team's ceiling without him probably does not warrant giving up the redshirt.

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »
Of course it would be up to GE, just like the original decision was.  But when he made that decision, the assumption was that he would be behind JC in minutes distribution.  I’m not sure that assumption would hold now.  Hopefully it’s a moot point and Markus will be back. 

And on the Georgetown game that was an amazing win with no pg, but that’s not the model going forward.  Others will game plan for that. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »
Of course it would be up to GE, just like the original decision was.  But when he made that decision, the assumption was that he would be behind JC in minutes distribution.  I’m not sure that assumption would hold now.  Hopefully it’s a moot point and Markus will be back. 

And on the Georgetown game that was an amazing win with no pg, but that’s not the model going forward.  Others will game plan for that.

Why would he assume he was behind JC? Greg went against him in practice and knows he (Greg) is the better player.

feedback