collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: As if it couldn't get any worse for America's Dairyland  (Read 15605 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
As if it couldn't get any worse for America's Dairyland
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:15:17 PM »
The Packers lose.

I'm still scratching my head about this one...
SS Marquette

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: As if it couldn't get any worse for America's Dairyland
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:25:30 PM »
It's a longer shot than their winning field goal, but I really hope the Giants beat the Patriots.  It'd be better if the Packers were to surprise New England, and then I'd be able to talk more fecal matter to my old high school classmates back in RI, but now, I'd be ecstatic for ANYONE but the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

Never have I been around more obnoxious people than the three years I had to live in that damn New England region...But thank God I'm not there anymore with the way the kind of season the Patriots had and the way the Celtics are doing their thing. 

And the frickin' way they talk, I really dislike new england accents, and especially how every other word they say is "wicked".

So yeah, in case you couldn't tell, I dislike New England.  Not just the Patriots, but that whole damn area.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:41:16 PM »
don't forget the red sox winning the world series..

I don't follow NHL at all but given the rest of the pro sports a team in new england is probably heavily favored to win the stanley cup now too.

one giant balloon in that area that is ripe for popping.

giants were the better team tonight... and that is hard for me as a packer fan to say.  I'll be rooting for them against the pats in two weeks that's for sure.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 09:48:44 PM by spiral97 »
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »
don;t forget the red sox winning the world series..

I didn't, but I want to.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »
wooo hoooo, eli manning is my hero

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 11:57:46 PM »
The Packers lose.

Why?  The NFC East was the best division in football all year.  The Giants played great against the Pats a few weeks ago, beat the best NFC team last week and absolutely dominated today.

I couldn't believe how many blown opportunities the game had to even put this game into OT.  GBP had an incredible season, but they ran into a very good team.  The Giants didn't get there by accident.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 01:52:50 AM »
The Packers lose.

Why?  The NFC East was the best division in football all year.  The Giants played great against the Pats a few weeks ago, beat the best NFC team last week and absolutely dominated today.

I couldn't believe how many blown opportunities the game had to even put this game into OT.  GBP had an incredible season, but they ran into a very good team.  The Giants didn't get there by accident.

i'm glad someone can say that, its laughable how over confident packers and their fans were about this game. not that being confident is a bad thing, but it seemed like the fudge packers fans already had their hotel reservations for glendale a week ago. one of the greatest days seeing the packers blow this game

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 01:59:53 AM »
Well, the odds were certainly in their favor to make it...then again the odds were the Cowboys were going to make it last week.

The Giants are a damn good team right now, and that's all that counts.

My little 9 year old son was heart broken and that's tough on a dad to see.  At the same time, the Giants just played their guts out deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

The Pack had an amazing year...that is for sure.  Who would have thought nervous Eli Manning would outduel steady veteran Jeff Garcia, new phenom Tony Romo and Hall of Famer Brett Favre...all on the road.

Can he do it to Tom Brady as well?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 02:37:38 AM »
Well, the odds were certainly in their favor to make it...then again the odds were the Cowboys were going to make it last week.

The Giants are a damn good team right now, and that's all that counts.

My little 9 year old son was heart broken and that's tough on a dad to see.  At the same time, the Giants just played their guts out deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

The Pack had an amazing year...that is for sure.  Who would have thought nervous Eli Manning would outduel steady veteran Jeff Garcia, new phenom Tony Romo and Hall of Famer Brett Favre...all on the road.

Can he do it to Tom Brady as well?

I don't think it's all Eli.

The Giants frontline has been consistent the whole season and Jacobs has been  a steady force, with Bradshaw as a wild card at times.

I just can't believe they're in the SB. I expected the tundra of GB to be a cold tomb for ANYONE who stepped in it. I guess I forgot that the Gmen are also used to frigid playing conditions.

Anyone care to speculate whether Favre will be back for next season?
SS Marquette

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 05:56:16 AM »
He'll be back,
As far as the Frozen Tundra, I think its lost its luster ever since the Falcons came in and beat the Pack.  After watching GB lay an egg in the cold weather against Chicago I just don't think the weather is an advantage for any single team.  It just becomes something that ESPN can jaw about for weeks on end until the game.  The bottom line is that both teams have to play in the cold not just the Packer's opponent and just because you play in GB doesn't mean you enjoy playing in the cold.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:42:11 AM »
The Packers are really more of a warm weather/dome type team than they are a cold weather team. I honestly thought they stood a better chance going down to Dallas to make it to the Super Bowl than they did against a hot Giants team, that's been on fire away from home.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
Favre looked like the coldest guy on either team. He's from Mississippi. Why would he enjoy playing in that kind of weather?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »
I think they've lost 3 of their last 5 or 6 playoff games at Lambeau after being undefeated there prior.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 10:31:43 AM »
Correct on the lost 3 of their last 5 playoff games at Lambeau. They lost to Atlanta, Minny, and now the Giants.

They're only wins are against the Seahawks, a team that typically almost always plays poorly outside of Qwest.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 11:35:01 AM »
Favre looked like the coldest guy on either team. He's from Mississippi. Why would he enjoy playing in that kind of weather?

Bingo,
Besides Tauscher and a few special teams players who are from Wisconsin most players, the Packers included, would rather be playing in a stadium or down south.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »
I really scratch my head at the play calling, and I go back to one series.  A WR screen, the lil' flip to Grant that was shut down.  So on 3rd and 13 we do another WR screen... why?  Awful game... last week, Marquette beats Notre Dame, Pack beat Seahawks.  Yesterday, Marquette loses to UCONN, Pack lose to Giants, coincidence? I think not.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

augoman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
The Packers lose.

i'm glad someone can say that, its laughable how over confident packers and their fans were about this game. not that being confident is a bad thing, but it seemed like the fudge packers fans already had their hotel reservations for glendale a week ago. one of the greatest days seeing the packers blow this game

1. please don't refer to us as 'fudge-packers'.
2. Packer fans were not 'over-confident', but saw the game as winnable.
3. the Pack didn't blow the game; the Giants won the game (after trying 3 times to 'blow the game').  I wonder how many flags should have been thown at the Flexible Burrass/Al Harris duo?  Would love to watch an iso camera on the pair all game.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »
Probably another bitter Bears fan. Don't let him bother you.

This game reminds me of 1995... they just weren't ready... yet. Right there, but not quite ready to make that next step. If the Packers can use that cap space to strengthen a few areas (secondary for one), they'll be in it next year.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »

This game reminds me of 1995... they just weren't ready... yet. Right there, but not quite ready to make that next step. If the Packers can use that cap space to strengthen a few areas (secondary for one), they'll be in it next year.

I agree. Pick up a veteran guard (or two), a safety, and perhaps another TE, they should be able to use the draft to improve special teams (kick coverage) and it will be hard to find any weaknesses on that team. They could do so without mortgaging the future to any significant degree.

scooter

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 03:35:09 PM »
Confidence is a good thing.  After the way they manhandled Seattle, they had a right to be confident.  If they played like that yesterday, the game would not have been close, and taking it a step further they would also beat New England if they played them like that.  The Giants will lose by at least three touchdowns in the super bore.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »
Confidence is a good thing.  After the way they manhandled Seattle, they had a right to be confident.  If they played like that yesterday, the game would not have been close, and taking it a step further they would also beat New England if they played them like that.  The Giants will lose by at least three touchdowns in the super bore.

Usually the SB is a blowout, but I think the Giants defense can get pressure on Brady.  Will be closer then you think.

The reason GBP didn't play as well yesterday is that they played a team that wouldn't let them.  Seattle was not good, the Giants are.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
It's too bad the NFC Championship really just turned into a game of hot potato with a trip to the Super Bowl. How many opportunities did the Packers want? The Giants fumbled an interception back to the Packers, fumbled a late punt return that TWO Packers should have grabbed, and missed two field goals, PLUS the Pack had the ball first in OT. The Giants did their damnedest to give that one away, but the Packers couldn't do anything about it. In the end, hats off to the Giants. The weren't good yesterday, but they were better than the Pack.

Pitchers report Feb. 18. Go Crew!

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 02:52:43 AM »
The Packers lose.

1. please don't refer to us as 'fudge-packers'.
2. Packer fans were not 'over-confident', but saw the game as winnable.
3. the Pack didn't blow the game; the Giants won the game (after trying 3 times to 'blow the game').  I wonder how many flags should have been thown at the Flexible Burrass/Al Harris duo?  Would love to watch an iso camera on the pair all game.

US. thats right, you were wearing a jersey between goal lines weren't you. the over confidence thing is apparent when you take off the green and gold goggles. ya man, they did blow it: McQuarters 2nd fumble wasn't recovered by GB and they won the toss in OT, what more can you ask for?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:57:42 AM by muhoosier260 »

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 02:53:58 AM »

sorry, couldn't be more wrong. fan of the world champion (at least for 12 more days) Indianapolis Colts

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »

sorry, couldn't be more wrong. fan of the world champion (at least for 12 more days) Indianapolis Colts

Then what's your beef with GB? Twelve Time World Championship envy? (that was a joke. please don't jump all over this "fudge Packer" fan.)

feedback