Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo man...  (Read 7049 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Wojo man...
« on: January 15, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »
He’s certainly bought himself quite a bit of leash with the past few games.

I feel like we say this every week now, but this was his best game as Marquette’ s coach.

No Morrow, no Markus, JC playing like garbage but the man pressed all the right buttons tonight.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Wojo man...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:59:43 PM »
Yep. Great job by Wojo and staff!

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:00:34 PM »
Wojo’s answered the question of whether he’s a good coach or not this season. We knew he ran a great program and could recruit his azz off, but now we know he can coach.
No Finish Line

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »
Kuddos to Wojo.  Great job managing the game and pulling JC.  Would have liked to see more Cain, but great job.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 10:01:34 PM »
Ill take it for sure but hes a miracle and a couple more super unlikely wins away from the wojo has got to gojo discussion.  So glad the coin flipped for the teams sake. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 10:02:09 PM »
This was probably his best coached game. Just a great pulse on his team all night long

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:19 PM »
This was probably his best coached game. Just a great pulse on his team all night long

I think that’s Wojo’s best asset as a coach. He has a tremendous feel for his team and who is playing well and who needs a kick in the pants.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »
A ton of credit has to go to Wojo tonight. Keeping the team up when Markus had to sit was huge. Then adjusting the gameplan and rotations on the fly - that's not easy. Great work by Wojo. Great effort from the team. Happy to be a fan tonight.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:24 PM »
So proud of this team.......down to 8 scholarship players tonight.......Bailey steps up huge......Sacar.....Joey... .Theo.....

SAM THE FRIGGIN MAN!

Wojo settled them down in that first time out.....and managed to win a road game with Sam and Sacar playing point guard.....

Amazing

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 10:08:59 PM »
Agreed, great job.  Identified his most effective horses against Georgetown and rode them most he could.  Very impressed how ready Bailey was when we needed him.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:22:15 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
Best coached game of Wojo's career.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 10:12:06 PM »
Patience is being rewarded. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »
Right?  No one likes a blowout loss but we have taken every close game this year.  Even the great Buzz teams had some troubles making the clutch executions at winning time.  And the freaking depth - both Wojo pluses - let’s get on a roll - second season starts Sunday!!!

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 10:19:19 PM »
A ton of credit has to go to Wojo tonight. Keeping the team up when Markus had to sit was huge. Then adjusting the gameplan and rotations on the fly - that's not easy. Great work by Wojo. Great effort from the team. Happy to be a fan tonight.

I was most impressed by the fact there was very little lull before we found a rhythm on offense. Kudos to the whole group.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 10:21:59 PM »
I think that’s Wojo’s best asset as a coach. He has a tremendous feel for his team and who is playing well and who needs a kick in the pants.

+ tax
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 10:24:03 PM »

His postgame with Bardo was great. He really loves this team and knows how to get a lot out of them. Next man up and keep chopping.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 10:25:13 PM »
Right?  No one likes a blowout loss but we have taken every close game this year.  Even the great Buzz teams had some troubles making the clutch executions at winning time.  And the freaking depth - both Wojo pluses - let’s get on a roll - second season starts Sunday!!!

We've won 12 of our last 13.......that's a pretty good roll.....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:51 PM »
Ill take it for sure but hes a miracle and a couple more super unlikely wins away from the wojo has got to gojo discussion.  So glad the coin flipped for the teams sake.

So what you’re saying is he has a mentally tough team that closes games out down the stretch? Sounds like a good coach to me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 10:29:44 PM »

Well stated. I could go on in detail but that sums it up perfectly

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 10:30:21 PM »

Silliness. Not to mention negativity for the sake of it.

Go get laid, my friend. You need to find some joy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 10:35:14 PM »
Kuddos to Wojo.  Great job managing the game and pulling JC.  Would have liked to see more Cain, but great job.
I was actually ok with less Cain. It seems like he is great on defense but offensively so uneven. Way too many bad turnovers.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »
I can’t tell if Wojo is improving with his in game adjustments or the team is just more seasoned and is responding better to his adjustments, but either way Wojo deserves credit.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 10:37:59 PM »
I can’t tell if Wojo is improving with his in game adjustments or the team is just more seasoned and is responding better to his adjustments, but either way Wojo deserves credit.

Likely both.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 10:41:31 PM »

Said this in the SOTG thread.  Not playing JC could not have been easy for Wojo.  Just deciding to go without a PG is a decision most coaches do not make when one is available.  I think most coaches give him more run to let him find his rhythm.  I don't think we'd have won had Wojo done that.  His confidence in Bailey was also big and was rewarded.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:18:51 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »
There's no doubt that Wojo has improved since taking the job. If we have year one Wojo coaching this team we would be 1-4 in conference right now.