[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: I apologize  (Read 3079 times)

Afroman

• All American
I apologize
« on: January 10, 2019, 06:10:44 AM »
I must confess. After Chartouny scored on a putback with less than a second to play, I switched the TV to the Bucks-Rockets, left the room and checked in with what the Scoopers had to say. It didn't take long to realize that I missed something epic.
I think I learned my lesson. Sorry about that. What a win. I still can't believe it.

Afroman

• All American
Re: I apologize
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:08 AM »
For the record, I did return for overtime.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:07:28 AM »
For the record, I did return for overtime.
So you watched the "easy" part of the game, didn't suffer through refs decision on Sam buzzer beater! Not a real fan (teal)
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:37 AM »
One of my best friends and my little brother both did the exact same.

I've always been a watch-to-the-bitter-end kind of guy, but I know sometimes it's so frustrating that it hurts to watch.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
One of my best friends and my little brother both did the exact same.

I've always been a watch-to-the-bitter-end kind of guy, but I know sometimes it's so frustrating that it hurts to watch.

I turned it for a second less out of the usual anger and more because I legitimately thought the game was over. Shows how bad Creighton botched that in bound pass.

Luckily I kept refreshing the game thread and saw comments right away.

Still had no idea how it was possible we were even in position for a review, until I turned it on.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 09:25:39 AM »
I did the exact same thing and regret it. Didn’t know what happened then my phone blew up with texts. Glad I was able to catch OT and be a witness to Marcus going OFF.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:39:26 AM »
For only the second time(the first being Villanova in 2017), I started doing two parallel game thoughts.    The first I started with 5 minutes to go and was called 'Road Woe-rriors' and lamented a great comeback after a dismal start and how the team needed to find energy on the road.    With 3 minutes to go, I started to believe and I opened up another page and started writing up the one I ended up posting.    Was going from page to page, alternately condemning and praising.     Then, magic happened.    I ditched the negative one, as I felt there was no way MU could lose once the game got to OT. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:07 AM »
My bride was PO'd and on the way to the sack - had to call her back.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 09:46:23 AM »
For only the second time(the first being Villanova in 2017), I started doing two parallel game thoughts.    The first I started with 5 minutes to go and was called 'Road Woe-rriors' and lamented a great comeback after a dismal start and how the team needed to find energy on the road.    With 3 minutes to go, I started to believe and I opened up another page and started writing up the one I ended up posting.    Was going from page to page, alternately condemning and praising.     Then, magic happened.    I ditched the negative one, as I felt there was no way MU could lose once the game got to OT.

Wow, tower, you actually think like an on-deadline newspaper sportswriter!

True story: When covering Cubs-Marlins Game 6, I was about 4/5ths of my way done with my column about the Cubs finally making the World Series after 95 years. It was over the top, but the occasion called for that. Then the 8th inning happened and, well, let's just say I had to make a few changes on the fly!

People often used to ask me who I rooted for, and my answer never changed over three decades (especially when it came to night games): I root for myself. I root for my story to hold up. Whatever team is in the lead in the 8th inning or with 3 minutes left, that's my favorite effen team that night!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »
Wow, tower, you actually think like an on-deadline newspaper sportswriter!

True story: When covering Cubs-Marlins Game 6, I was about 4/5ths of my way done with my column about the Cubs finally making the World Series after 95 years. It was over the top, but the occasion called for that. Then the 8th inning happened and, well, let's just say I had to make a few changes on the fly!

People often used to ask me who I rooted for, and my answer never changed over three decades (especially when it came to night games): I root for myself. I root for my story to hold up. Whatever team is in the lead in the 8th inning or with 3 minutes left, that's my favorite effen team that night!
Journalism major.    And have written a crap ton of fire reports over the years, always with the thought that I may have to talk about it in court. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 11:42:11 AM »
Tower your stuff is always good.  Dont always agree with it all, such as #2 last night n marcus n sacar.
Wholheartedly agree with #6 and Greg at the 2. 
Nevertheless good stuff.

Mu82 on the other hand is a perfect example of why journalism and print media is a dying profession.  Complete loss of journalistic integrity.  More concerned with his opinion and making points pursuant to his agenda. Sad stuff,  an op/ed at best.  Jim Acosta wannabe
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 11:45:30 AM »
Down 1, I would rather have Markus take that tear drop than try to hit a slashing Sacar.    If you disagree, no biggie.    Down 3, I would rather have Markus do a step back 3 than drive into the lane and try to get a bunch of possessions.   Again, personal preference and I don't feel like fighting over it. 

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 11:47:57 AM »
I turned it off after Chartouny hit the layup to go out to meet up with some friends.  Was so confused when I got an ESPN alert about 30 mins later about MH having 53 points.  Unreal. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
Was at a bar I asked for the check and went to the bathroom just before Chartouny's layup. Came back and saw we were down there with .8 seconds left. Figured I'd watch us go down in flames. If I didn't have to head to the bathroom I would've left and missed the Creighton turnover, Sam's shot, OT.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »
My bride was PO'd and on the way to the sack - had to call her back.

Eye'm tinkin' ya missed out on a grate opportunity, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 11:55:32 AM »
Down 1, I would rather have Markus take that tear drop than try to hit a slashing Sacar.    If you disagree, no biggie.    Down 3, I would rather have Markus do a step back 3 than drive into the lane and try to get a bunch of possessions.   Again, personal preference and I don't feel like fighting over it.

I hear you i just think it was an execution issue, sacar had a dunk down 1.  Just saying if sacar catches that n lays it in we r up 1 with 45? Left.
Second part i totally agree with, ur on god mode, down 3 and drive? In markuss defense, wojo said that was the call as they expected creighton to get out of his way on the drive
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
From the viewpoint of being in the arena, this was an extremely frustrating game to watch. Everybody else was cheering like crazy (just me and 2 Marquette fans two rows behind me in our section). Every time we got close, things got loud. Every MU turnover and missed shot killed me. Every Creighton 3 felt like a death knell.  When Markus drove for that 2 instead of pulling up for a 3  (down 3), the arena started emptying out, people laughing and high fiving. Even the other Marquette fans had left. When Sam hit that three, I’m pretty sure the people 10 rows in front of me heard me scream. After that, I was pretty sure we would win.  At the end of OT, it was fun watching the quiet and dejected fans leave.  Overall great experience.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 12:40:17 PM »

If its grating, they have stuff to help reduce friction, hey?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 12:44:27 PM »
At the end of OT, it was fun watching the quiet and dejected fans leave.

You're a cold, cold woman Mom.  I love it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 12:44:38 PM »
From the viewpoint of being in the arena, this was an extremely frustrating game to watch. Everybody else was cheering like crazy (just me and 2 Marquette fans two rows behind me in our section). Every time we got close, things got loud. Every MU turnover and missed shot killed me. Every Creighton 3 felt like a death knell.  When Markus drove for that 2 instead of pulling up for a 3  (down 3), the arena started emptying out, people laughing and high fiving. Even the other Marquette fans had left. When Sam hit that three, I’m pretty sure the people 10 rows in front of me heard me scream. After that, I was pretty sure we would win.  At the end of OT, it was fun watching the quiet and dejected fans leave.  Overall great experience.

You'll remember it forever. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »

The missus successfully distracted me but luckily I had it on tape.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »
I must confess. After Chartouny scored on a putback with less than a second to play, I switched the TV to the Bucks-Rockets, left the room and checked in with what the Scoopers had to say. It didn't take long to realize that I missed something epic.
I think I learned my lesson. Sorry about that. What a win. I still can't believe it.

I did the same.

When there was a halt in action in the Buck's game, I turned it back just in time to see Sam dancin' around AFTER the shot. Obviously I left it on and agonized as the refs decided on the call.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »
The missus successfully distracted me but luckily I had it on tape.

When you say "it"...NM.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »
Mom
A great place for a college ball game. Would have been a blast to have been there last night. You picked a great night for a real ad trip.