Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Symir Torrence commits to MU!  (Read 21400 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Symir Torrence commits to MU!
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2019, 09:43:03 AM »
I'd venture to guess not too many kids who (justifiably) see themselves as high level athletes want to be playing for free in college when they're 23 years old.
Isn't the entire premise of the Wisconsin Rodents club to build out a squad of 23-year old juniors?

EDIT: Never mind, I see you said "high level athletes".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »
I'd venture to guess not too many kids who (justifiably) see themselves as high level athletes want to be playing for free in college when they're 23 years old.

Well almost all of them see themselves as high level athletes. And most of them play all four years in college. In Symir's case he would be a 23 year old senior if he stays in the 2020 class.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2019, 10:25:16 AM »
Isn't the entire premise of the Wisconsin Rodents club to build out a squad of 23-year old juniors?

EDIT: Never mind, I see you said "high level athletes".

Got a nice chuckle out of this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

gowojo

• Walk-On
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2019, 11:28:42 AM »
In the long run,  will Symir be a better player and fir for MU then Nico Mannion would have been?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2019, 11:35:09 AM »
In the long run,  will Symir be a better player and fir for MU then Nico Mannion would have been?

Nobody can know this now.

Mannion is better now but will likely be one and done....but maybe not.

Symir looks like a very good prospect who will be around for multiple seasons......but until he performs at this level you can't be sure.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2019, 11:36:29 AM »
At the moment,  there's no reason to think we couldn't have had both Mannion and Torrence.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2019, 02:58:59 PM »
Thought some of you might find this 8 page thread from the Syracuse board on ST interesting.....goes back 2 years

https://syracusefan.com/threads/pg-symir-torrence-ny-vermont-academy-to-marquette.115065/

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
Thought some of you might find this 8 page thread from the Syracuse board on ST interesting.....goes back 2 years

https://syracusefan.com/threads/pg-symir-torrence-ny-vermont-academy-to-marquette.115065/

Thanks, start's to look Better & Better.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
At the moment,  there's no reason to think we couldn't have had both Mannion and Torrence.

Starting to miss Nico already. Sad trombone.  :(

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2019, 05:04:39 PM »
Don’t you worry about Nico.  He’s going to be real happy playing in that track meet offense Sean Miller keeps selling his point guards. 

Honestly, how does he keep selling that garbage?  10 years in and I don’t think they’ve had a team in the top 100 in possessions/game, yet every recruit talks about how coach “wants to play up-tempo this year.”  For Nico’s sake, hopefully year 11 is finally the year he delivers.  My guess is he’ll need to catch highlights of Marcus to see what offensive freedom really looks like.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2019, 05:30:17 PM »

Wow—those SU fans really think highly of themselves. Paraphrasing...

“Middle of the ACC> 3rd tier teams.”
“We can still get him.”
“Fake Big East”
“Marquette loves NY kids”
I’d rather come off the bench for two years and start as a Junior at Syracuse, UNC, Kansas, etc. than start right away at 3rd tier schools.

I don’t get this at all. He didn’t even fully explore all the schools yet and he made a decision? This smells like Tyus Battle all over again I don’t think this will be over yet but I have no info just going by what I think

When SU was on him, their fan base compared him to D Wade.

Great stuff thanks MuMark.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »

Thanks for posting this. Was a classic recruiting thread. At first there were doubters, then as he started to blow up the love flowed, confidence that the local kid would stay him, then when the decision went against them oh well next man up. Of course a few in denial who think a de-commit could be in store as well.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »
Thanks for posting this. Was a classic recruiting thread. At first there were doubters, then as he started to blow up the love flowed, confidence that the local kid would stay him, then when the decision went against them oh well next man up. Of course a few in denial who think a de-commit could be in store as well.

At least they haven't said he couldn't qualify academically!

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2019, 07:56:54 PM »
You've always been the caretaker Mr. Torrence.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2019, 05:39:51 AM »
You've always been the caretaker Mr. Torrence.

Well that is eerie!

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2019, 06:46:27 AM »
This is nicely done

https://twitter.com/egb_st4/status/1082010779719737345?s=21

I got chills at the footage of Bo...weaving our rich history into a very bright future.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2019, 11:43:19 PM »
This is nicely done

https://twitter.com/egb_st4/status/1082010779719737345?s=21

Symir’s commit-vid already paying subliminal dividends.

The clock clicks down....note Sam, I mean Symir’s, position on the floor....eerie buzzer tone....cue Bo through the hoop....Sam is the one dancing most prominently in the locker room....

Lil Baby: “My life was hard, it just had to be..watch me turn my dreams to reality...”
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:49:16 PM by NorthernDancerColt »
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

MuMark

• All American

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/prepcircuit/status/1093931822214533120?s=21
If someone said Symir had more assists than points, I’d guess 8 or 9 assists. 17 assists?!! Not saying he only gets the easy dishes, but whom is he feeding, Baby Shaq?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2019, 08:27:46 AM »
If someone said Symir had more assists than points, I’d guess 8 or 9 assists. 17 assists?!! Not saying he only gets the easy dishes, but whom is he feeding, Baby Shaq?

Torrents of dishes.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuMark

• All American

wade_county37

• Walk-On
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2019, 10:09:44 PM »
I'm liking this kid more and more. Is a really cool guy, eh assists good and doesn't afraid of anything.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2019, 10:50:29 PM »
Previous post of mine might have had incorrect stats......no way to know for sure

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1094454154343395328?s=21

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »

feedback