Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Symir Torrence commits to MU!  (Read 21397 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Symir Torrence commits to MU!
« on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
According to Evan Daniels. We are on the board for 2020! Welcome to the family Mr. Torrence! Huge early pickup
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:21 PM »
Per Evan Daniels on FS1
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:29 PM »
Per live announcement on FS1

tower912

• All American
Re: Symir Torrence to MU
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:56 PM »
Another big guard with skills.  Awesome.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:58 PM »
Symir
Markus

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 02:19:16 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
Symir to MU
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 02:19:29 PM »
I just wanted a 4th straight thread.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »
Whoo-hoo!

Love this pickup.  Very well rounded player.

Does Symir stay 2020 or move to 2019?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »
Great get! Very very excited about Symir and the game he is bringing.

Let's lock it up with JJ and Strawther now!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 02:25:11 PM »
No mention of 2019 as of yet.

Congrats to the entire staff but especially Coach Killings for his first big win on the recruiting front.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »
Impressive recruiting win for the staff!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »
Junior four-star guard Symir Torrence verbally committed to Steve Wojciechowski, Marquette on Sunday, he tells 247Sports.

“Once I did my official visit, I just fell in love with the whole community and just the whole place,” Torrence said. “Just the way everybody treats everybody. It’s just a thing, where everybody loves getting together. I loved bonding with the players, I can’t wait to get to know them more once I get to Marquette.”

“That was one of the reasons and another would be because of the coaching staff. Coach Wojo really gave me the idea that he’s going to push me and wants me to be the best that I can be and wants me to reach my dreams someday.”

Torrence took an official visit to Marquette’s campus on Oct. 29. Torrence also took visits to his other two finalists – Butler and Cincinnati. Torrence said he knew going into the visit that Marquette could be the place for him.

“Just the bond that I have with the assistant coach [Dwayne Killings],” he said when pressed about the visit. “Coming into the visit, I just knew and me and my mom talked about it and we knew that it was going to be something special.”

“They just said I was something special and really wanted to work with me,” he added.

Torrence, a 6-foot-3 guard out of Saxtons River (Vt.) Vermont Academy, also cited Steve Wojcieshowski’s history as a point guard in his reasoning to commit to Marquette.

“The fact that he just came from a good program, he knows a lot,” Torrence said. “He knows the game very well. He was also a point guard, so just learning from a head coach that’s a point guard was a big factor in wanting to go to Marquette.”

“I’m a point guard, I’m a pass first point guard and that’s another reason why I wanted to go to Marquette, because I can do those things,” he said. “Coach Wojo even said he can make me into a better point guard, and that’s what I love.”

Torrence is currently ranked as the No. 51 overall prosect and the No. 5 combination guard in the 247Sports Composite Rankings
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 02:27:18 PM »
2020?  Dude looks like he’s 24.  In any event, I really don’t care how old he is, but he looks like a leader with some great floor sense.  He looks ready right now
don't...don't don't don't don't

nyg

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 02:29:07 PM »
Another big guard with skills.  Awesome.

Great pickup. McEwen, Elliott, Torrence and Akanno for 2020 backcourt.

Now have to shore up front court, no Sam, Morrow, Sacar and Theo will be senior.  Lots of offers out there with playing time.  Need to continue with BE success this year to maybe get some of the highly ranked recruits. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 02:29:24 PM »
Junior four-star guard Symir Torrence verbally committed to Steve Wojciechowski, Marquette on Sunday, he tells 247Sports.

“Once I did my official visit, I just fell in love with the whole community and just the whole place,” Torrence said. “Just the way everybody treats everybody. It’s just a thing, where everybody loves getting together. I loved bonding with the players, I can’t wait to get to know them more once I get to Marquette.”

“That was one of the reasons and another would be because of the coaching staff. Coach Wojo really gave me the idea that he’s going to push me and wants me to be the best that I can be and wants me to reach my dreams someday.”

Torrence took an official visit to Marquette’s campus on Oct. 29. Torrence also took visits to his other two finalists – Butler and Cincinnati. Torrence said he knew going into the visit that Marquette could be the place for him.

“Just the bond that I have with the assistant coach [Dwayne Killings],” he said when pressed about the visit. “Coming into the visit, I just knew and me and my mom talked about it and we knew that it was going to be something special.”

“They just said I was something special and really wanted to work with me,” he added.

Torrence, a 6-foot-3 guard out of Saxtons River (Vt.) Vermont Academy, also cited Steve Wojcieshowski’s history as a point guard in his reasoning to commit to Marquette.

Love it. Wojo is building something special here. Getting high caliber recruits that buy in. It can only get better the more success we have on the court.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuMark

• All American
Re: Symir Torrence commits to MU!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 02:35:07 PM »
I like this kid, has a good chance to be a dude at MU.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 02:40:30 PM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 02:46:41 PM »
Sounds like Wojo is giving him some time to decide if wants to be a 2019 or 2020.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »
Lots of praise for his defense, toughness and leadership abilities

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/top-50-junior-symir-torrence-headed-to-the-big-east

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 02:51:38 PM »
Welcome, Symir!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 02:51:49 PM »
Guards’ game
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 02:54:01 PM »
Reading between the lines he might be thinking 2019 if Markus leaves or 2020 if he stays......either way glad to have him.

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/982503

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »
“He has incredible basketball IQ and pair that with his gifted motor, and you have one of the best defensive players in all of high school basketball,” Popp said. “On the offensive end, Symir gives you a shot maker, a playmaker, and an overall scorer. He is stellar with advancing the basketball in transition, he is phenomenal in the pick-and-roll, and he is even effective in the low post. Above all, he is a guy that other players want to play with. Talented players and coaches are attracted to his personality, disposition and ability to make everyone around him better.”

Well, I'm sold.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 02:56:01 PM »
Reading between the lines he might be thinking 2019 if Markus leaves or 2020 if he stays......either way glad to have him.

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/982503

I think it’s moreso Wojo saying look man we’ll take you next season, but minutes are most likely going to be very hard to come by and you need to be on board for that.

feedback