[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Opponents not looking great of late  (Read 90489 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Opponents not looking great of late
« Reply #425 on: February 05, 2019, 12:18:56 AM »
i see all your points above, but...

the pac 10 is really really weak-with the exception of their win over duke and smokin some teams they really should beat up, but is also emblematic of their weak schedule what else do the zags have?

nevada-one loss to new mexico?? otherwise a really really weak schedule-not much room for error here

kentucky-tough conference with some quality wins-room for a slip, but pretty good team of high school all stars being paid a little less than silvio's $2500, ein'a?

unc-another pretty good team, but now with a tougher class load ;) can lose a couple more

michigan may have peaked at the wrong time.  also time to recover as they usually do

mich st. heard they hired a distant cousin of dr(used very loosely)nassar who has a very unusual way of tending to turned ankles-doc, why am i grabbing my ankles?? :-[

might be able to sneak by a couple of these, but bottom line-take care of business on our end(end of nassar analogies)and just win baby
don't...don't don't don't don't

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #426 on: February 05, 2019, 12:27:37 AM »

the pac 10 is really really weak-with the exception of their win over duke and smokin some teams they really should beat up, but is also emblematic of their weak schedule what else do the zags have?

nevada-one loss to new mexico?? otherwise a really really weak schedule-not much room for error here

kentucky-tough conference with some quality wins-room for a slip, but pretty good team of high school all stars being paid a little less than silvio's $2500, ein'a?

unc-another pretty good team, but now with a tougher class load ;) can lose a couple more

michigan may have peaked at the wrong time.  also time to recover as they usually do

mich st. heard they hired a distant cousin of dr(used very loosely)nassar who has a very unusual way of tending to turned ankles-doc, why am i grabbing my ankles?? :-[

might be able to sneak by a couple of these, but bottom line-take care of business on our end(end of nassar analogies)and just win baby
What pac 10 team beat duke?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #427 on: February 05, 2019, 01:31:37 AM »

Maybe I read this wrong but just confirming that you know Gonzaga isn't a PAC team right?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #428 on: February 05, 2019, 01:39:31 AM »
Gonzaga being in the WCC is just an utter joke. Its complete trash. They win every game by 25 plus, I mean its just silly. Hows that fun for the fans to watch them play trash teams every night. They gotta try to get the hell outta there.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #429 on: February 05, 2019, 01:41:25 AM »
Gonzaga being in the WCC is just an utter joke. Its complete trash. They win every game by 25 plus, I mean its just silly. Hows that fun for the fans to watch them play trash teams every night. They gotta try to get the hell outta there.

Really thought that conference was going to take a step up when BYU joined but st Mary's has continued to be what they are, BYU took a huge step back and Zags are just too good for either of those two to compete with
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #430 on: February 05, 2019, 04:59:51 AM »
Maybe I read this wrong but just confirming that you know Gonzaga isn't a PAC team right?

oops-sorry-both you guys are right-but yes, the wcc is even worse
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2019, 10:01:49 AM »
Kansas' LeGerald Vick is taking a "personal leave of absence" with no timetable for return. His mother said he's needed at home for a few weeks. With Garrett still nursing a high ankle sprain, things could go from bad to worse in Lawrence. Fortunately for us,  they'd need to fall a ton to not be a Q1 loss
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2019, 10:09:01 AM »
Kansas' LeGerald Vick is taking a "personal leave of absence" with no timetable for return. His mother said he's needed at home for a few weeks. With Garrett still nursing a high ankle sprain, things could go from bad to worse in Lawrence. Fortunately for us,  they'd need to fall a ton to not be a Q1 loss

When was the last time the Jayhawks didn't win the Big 8?  Streak may finally end this year.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2019, 10:12:47 AM »
When was the last time the Jayhawks didn't win the Big 8?  Streak may finally end this year.

14 in a row
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »

2004, Self's first year in Lawrence.

They're currently tied for 4th, 1.5 games back of Kansas State. They are 1-6 on the road this season with 4 road games left. Having the streak end in a year where many picked them as the preseason #1 would certainly be a disappointment.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #435 on: February 08, 2019, 10:21:09 AM »

They're currently tied for 4th, 1.5 games back of Kansas State. They are 1-6 on the road this season with 4 road games left. Having the streak end in a year where many picked them as the preseason #1 would certainly be a disappointment.

Injuries, ineligibility, FBI drama....not that surprising in my opinion.  They need a good cleansing and I say that as an alum.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #436 on: February 08, 2019, 10:33:25 AM »

Hopefully the committee remembers Marquette played Kansas at full strength, when the Jayhawks were like a #1 seed.

It will be interesting to see how the committee treats Kansas when factoring in Azubuike's injury and Vick's absence.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #437 on: February 08, 2019, 10:51:27 AM »

That is fourteen years then.  I wonder when the next time a team from one of the Big Six conferences goes that many years in a row winning the regular season?  That record may stand for awhile.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #438 on: February 08, 2019, 11:07:08 AM »
That is fourteen years then.  I wonder when the next time a team from one of the Big Six conferences goes that many years in a row winning the regular season?  That record may stand for awhile.

Probably until the NCAA finally decides they can no longer turn their back on the blatant cheating Kansas has been doing under Self and they finally have to vacate wins.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #439 on: February 08, 2019, 07:39:48 PM »
Probably until the NCAA finally decides they can no longer turn their back on the blatant cheating Kansas has been doing under Self and they finally have to vacate wins.

Never trust a guy wearing a bad hairpiece, eh?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #440 on: February 09, 2019, 07:16:07 PM »
K State beats Baylor on the road to move to 8-2, 2 games ahead in the loss column. Looking better and better.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #441 on: February 09, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »
At this point of the season I just don’t think it matters much at all anymore. It would be much more important if we were right on the bubble. I just don’t think Wisconsin, KState, or others falling apart down the stretch of the season drops us from a 3 seed to outside the top 16 teams, or vice versa and raises us up a seed line. It’s all in our own hands. If we lose a couple to the likes of DePaul or Creighton we’re dropping. If we only lose 2 more (including the BET) we very well may jump to a 2 seed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #442 on: February 09, 2019, 07:32:09 PM »
K State beats Baylor on the road to move to 8-2, 2 games ahead in the loss column. Looking better and better.
Looking in how poor they played in December. I'm thrilled Kansas State is doing this well in making Marquette's win look pretty great. I would think they will be ranked come Monday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #443 on: February 09, 2019, 07:32:56 PM »
When it comes to seeding, we're competing with the likes of Michigan State, UNC, Kansas, Purdue, & Louisville. Those are schools that will have some seriously quality Q1 wins. If we want a 2/3, the better our resume, the more likely we avoid the 1-seed side of the bracket.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #444 on: February 12, 2019, 09:16:43 PM »
Louisville looking pretty good right now.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #445 on: February 12, 2019, 10:01:28 PM »
Nobody wants the ball for Louisville right now.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #446 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:33 PM »
Louisville imploding.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #447 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:57 PM »
Duke has come back from 23 down with 10 to play to 5 down at the under 4.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #448 on: February 12, 2019, 10:11:22 PM »
Duke has come back from 23 down with 10 to play to 5 down at the under 4.

This looks like karma for the Dwight Buycks game about 8 years too late.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2019, 10:12:34 PM »
Wow one hell of a choke going on in the Ville. Crazy
No Finish Line