Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference Results/ NCAA/NIT/CBI  (Read 211462 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »
Seton Hall 49 DePaul 48 at half . Lots of offense. Strong fan support by Seton Hall considering crappy weather . I really enjoy watching as many of our league games as I can.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2019, 08:32:38 PM »
Seton Hall 49 DePaul 48 at half . Lots of offense. Strong fan support by Seton Hall considering crappy weather . I really enjoy watching as many of our league games as I can.

DePaul will again give us headaches.   The announcer just said they are second in league in offensive rebounding, and they had a lot of second chance points in first half.  They are better than they have been.   We can still take both but they will give us some fits.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:58:41 PM by Daniel »

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #302 on: January 19, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »
DePaul needs some love, 3 seniors and Pau Reed, beating Hall twice would be impressive. But we will see if they can keep a lead tonight, if they do they will be in the race

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2019, 09:13:11 PM »
DePaul needs some love, 3 seniors and Pau Reed, beating Hall twice would be impressive. But we will see if they can keep a lead tonight, if they do they will be in the race

Race for what? Surely you don't mean the Big East title.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 09:17:43 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2019, 09:16:24 PM »
Out rebounding SH 40 - 10 was the stat?   Ong

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2019, 09:22:10 PM »
Race for what? Surely you don't mean the Big East title.
[/quote

To me it means they have a chance to part of the race.  They have not been around for years, nice to see them get out of the cellar. MU will be challenged when playing them.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2019, 09:26:01 PM »
To me it means they have a chance to part of the race.  They have not been around for years, nice to see them get out of the cellar. MU will be challenged when playing them.

They have 3 losses in the BE already.  To tie or win the BE outright you need a max of 5 losses.  That means you think they can go 10-2 the rest of the regular season.  They have 2 games left with Marquette, 1 left with Villanova, 1 left with St. John's, 2 left with Creighton.

Sorry, but I don't think there's any chance whatsoever they're losing less than 4 more games, and 7 losses is not in the running for a BE title.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #307 on: January 19, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »
It’s kind of a shame they have no shot at a tourney birth due to their ellenson-yearsesque non con schedule.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2019, 09:36:06 PM »
Beat Hall twice and St John’s, what they have is a chance to make the NCAA tournament, let’s see what happens Wednesday, will not be a walk in the park. They took Ponds and Powell out of the game, glad MU played without Howard, gives them more confidence if Howard is taken out of the game. MU other starters better than Halls.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #309 on: January 19, 2019, 10:52:41 PM »
Beat Hall twice and St John’s, what they have is a chance to make the NCAA tournament, let’s see what happens Wednesday, will not be a walk in the park. They took Ponds and Powell out of the game, glad MU played without Howard, gives them more confidence if Howard is taken out of the game. MU other starters better than Halls.

Ponds didn’t play in the game

And Powell had like 25

You drinking?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #310 on: January 19, 2019, 10:55:16 PM »
The full MU Chicago contingent needs to show up when we play DePaul at Wintrust. That pseudo home court advantage will be helpful this year.

Also hopefully the Wednesday game will be well attended .

I had felt for some time DePaul could win 6 Big East games this year and we don’t want any of those against us.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2019, 10:56:36 PM »
Ponds didn’t play in the game

And Powell had like 25

You drinking?

Drugs, just had knee replacement surgery

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2019, 02:57:18 PM »
If Butler doesn't beat Villanova on Tuesday this could possibly be a 2 bid league. I say that because Butler is the only other team I think can make it. If they lose they only have Marquette x 2 and @ Villanova as top net rankings teams remaining.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2019, 02:58:14 PM »
If Butler doesn't beat Villanova on Tuesday this could possibly be a 2 bid league. I say that because Butler is the only other team I think can make it. If they lose they only have Marquette x 2 and @ Villanova as top net rankings teams remaining.

< 1% chance this is a 2 bid league.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2019, 03:09:39 PM »

Who’s making the tournament then? You think they’ll have 4 total teams from the B1G and PAC 12 combined? I find it highly unlikely. 68 teams make the Tournament.

I’ll take at least 4 BE teams. Things will sort themselves out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #315 on: January 20, 2019, 03:12:39 PM »

What are you talking about.  Seriously.

Four or five.  Andy Katz out today with four, only one of the four worse than a 7 seed.....Seton Hall with a 9 seed.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-01-18/march-madness-field-predicted-two-months-ncaa-tournament

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »
Who’s making the tournament then? You think they’ll have 4 total teams from the B1G and PAC 12 combined? I find it highly unlikely. 68 teams make the Tournament.

I’ll take at least 4 BE teams. Things will sort themselves out.

As it stands now looking at the net rankings and bracketology there were 5 teams that would have been in the tournament as of yesterday morning. Nova, MU, Seton hall (Last 4 Byes) Butler ( Last 4 in) and St. Johns 9 seed. 2 of those 3 lost yesterday meaning that MU, Butler and Nova would be the only 3 in. Butler has no good wins yet, ST. Johns has the weakest non conference schedule in the history of basketball and Seton hall seems to be on life support lately. There is a ton of basketball left so I could be wrong but i feel teams 3-10 are just going to beat the crap out of each other and the difference between 2nd and 3rd place could be as wide as 5 games at the end of the season.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #317 on: January 20, 2019, 03:17:14 PM »
What are you talking about.  Seriously.

Four or five.  Andy Katz out today with four, only one of the four worse than a 7 seed.....Seton Hall with a 9 seed.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-01-18/march-madness-field-predicted-two-months-ncaa-tournament

First of all calm down its my opinion not fact. If I am wrong then so be it but thats how I feel that will work out in the end.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #318 on: January 20, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »
First of all calm down its my opinion not fact. If I am wrong then so be it but thats how I feel that will work out in the end.

I'm not yelling, I'm perfectly calm.  I am seriously wondering where you got your opinion.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #319 on: January 20, 2019, 03:22:33 PM »
I'm not yelling, I'm perfectly calm.  I am seriously wondering where you got your opinion.

My opinion is this because I believe that after Nova and Marquette there is a huge drop off and if teams like Seton Hall don't upset Marquette and Nova then they don't have any games remaining against top 30 Net rankings teams. There are 5 projected teams as of yesterday 2 bubble teams and both lost its not as far fetched as you may think.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #320 on: January 20, 2019, 03:29:14 PM »
My opinion is this because I believe that after Nova and Marquette there is a huge drop off and if teams like Seton Hall don't upset Marquette and Nova then they don't have any games remaining against top 30 Net rankings teams. There are 5 projected teams as of yesterday 2 bubble teams and both lost its not as far fetched as you may think.

OK, that's fair but can you not say that about many conferences?  In my view don't you have to this same exercise with other conferences to have it a true comparison?  How many bubble teams from other conferences lost yesterday? Isn't there a big drop off after Michigan and Michigan State?  What about the Big 12? 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #321 on: January 20, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »

It’s very far fetched. Even 3 is still a stretch
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #322 on: January 20, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »
I would guess 4 right now but 3 would not be completely shocking. The bottom 8 teams are.beating each other up but 2 seems nearly impossible. Things would have to fall imperfectly into place for that. Nova and MU would have to win out(excluding nova vs mu games) and the bottom 8 would have to all go .500 from here on out and maybe you get 2 or three bids from the BE but yeah really no way that happens

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #323 on: January 20, 2019, 03:47:50 PM »
As it stands now looking at the net rankings and bracketology there were 5 teams that would have been in the tournament as of yesterday morning. Nova, MU, Seton hall (Last 4 Byes) Butler ( Last 4 in) and St. Johns 9 seed. 2 of those 3 lost yesterday meaning that MU, Butler and Nova would be the only 3 in. Butler has no good wins yet, ST. Johns has the weakest non conference schedule in the history of basketball and Seton hall seems to be on life support lately. There is a ton of basketball left so I could be wrong but i feel teams 3-10 are just going to beat the crap out of each other and the difference between 2nd and 3rd place could be as wide as 5 games at the end of the season.

How about we do this

CBS says we have 5 in as of this morning.  Butler in the last four in
Andy Katz says four in as of this morning
ESPN says says five in as of two days ago

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #324 on: January 20, 2019, 03:47:55 PM »
It makes no difference to me if we have 10 or 2 teams as long as Marquette is in. I will however be cheering for Butler to win so we can have a share of 1st place.

feedback