Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buffalo @ MU Crowd  (Read 27538 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Buffalo @ MU Crowd
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
If we have a basketball educated fan base as we and others claim, they will know this Buffalo team is very good.

They beat Arizona in the NCAA tournament last year, #14 this year with wins at West Virginia and Syracuse.  The next three days the PR folks should be pushing that aspect hard for those that aren’t so up to speed.
I think MU is already with the tweet about the Top 20 match up for this Friday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
There were video billboards for the Buffalo game on the interstates last night.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »
It amuses him and ticks off others.

I want Jay Bee's explanation.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 02:32:33 PM »

Can we ask 4ever the same question?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »

It is going to be that, but with a lot more insults as well as claims of being picked on. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »
How about instead..  we could talk about the Buffalo @ MU game crowd. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 03:26:39 PM »
I hope there is a good one.   I will be watching it between alarms.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
[WARNING:  My sincerest apologies, but the holiday cheer has me reluctantly looking for the silver lining - or even an aluminum foil lining - in things this afternoon.  My mind is so internally conflicted that I'm actually starting to feel like Ebenezer Scrooge was Dickens' Walter White.]

I hope there is a good one.   I will be watching it between alarms.

If someone were to compile a list of all the "nh's" on this site, "Wojo having a bit of Crean in him" might actually be the most humorous.  But it's still an "nh" joke, so probably doesn't matter any way.

[Must.... fight..... jolly.... holly.... feelings.... ]

Unfortunately, nobody would be complaining if a duet of Wojo and Crean sang Baby It's Cold Outside.

Oh my God.... I feel so much better now.  Who needs an exorcist when there's Scoop.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2018, 05:02:29 PM »
For what it's worth, I just my extra tickets. And they're nose bleeds behind the basket. If those bad seats are selling, maybe there's more interest than we think?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »
For what it's worth, I just my extra tickets. And they're nose bleeds behind the basket. If those bad seats are selling, maybe there's more interest than we think?

Ya I don’t think the crowd will be as bad as people are guessing. I mean even Goose is going. And he only goes to games with good crowds and good atmospheres. ;)
But a quick view is stubhub shows there are not a ton of seats available

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »
fjm

Feel free to come down and buy me a beer at halftime.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »
Seems like about 40 listings on the ticketmaster re-sale site. Some good deals, others some asking for too much.
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-vs-university-at-buffalo-bulls-mens-basketball/event/0700554CE92D94A8
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:50:08 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 07:24:16 PM »
If we have a basketball educated fan base as we and others claim, they will know this Buffalo team is very good.

They beat Arizona in the NCAA tournament last year, #14 this year with wins at West Virginia and Syracuse.  The next three days the PR folks should be pushing that aspect hard for those that aren’t so up to speed.

I agree, but the general student population isn't as knowledgeable. They need the enticement and transportation.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 07:32:37 PM »
Honest question, why do you do this?

Mr. Pavlov, your dog has arrived at his food bowl.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 07:59:38 PM »
fjm

Feel free to come down and buy me a beer at halftime.

I got a free coors light with your name on it! :)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »
Mr. Pavlov, your dog has arrived at his food bowl.

It's a simple question.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2018, 09:18:56 AM »
Very interesting that a Bucks boardcast on TV and radio is talking up an upcoming MU home game. I didn't see it, as I don't watch the NBA. Someone brought this up to me this morning.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1075574850876571653
-Bill Walton

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2018, 10:00:03 AM »
Very interesting that a Bucks boardcast on TV and radio is talking up an upcoming MU home game. I didn't see it, as I don't watch the NBA. Someone brought this up to me this morning.

Maybe Wojo has a little Crean in him after all...

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2018, 10:39:52 AM »

Can anyone summarize what he said?

That's great--you've got a lot of basketball fans tuning in to the Bucks these days, great to plug that MU has a great team and a great top 20 showdown on a Friday night.  The NBA crowd is more used to prime time weekend games, so maybe you pull some in--only shame is that the Bucks are playing Boston at the same time. 

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2018, 10:41:08 AM »

I assume it has something to do with the fact that now the same company that owns 620 WTMJ radio owns 94.5 ESPN radio.  They are cross promoting - where as in the past, when 620 was the Badger flagship - you rarely even heard a mention on 620 that MU even had a D1 basketball team.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2018, 12:07:26 PM »
Can anyone summarize what he said?

That's great--you've got a lot of basketball fans tuning in to the Bucks these days, great to plug that MU has a great team and a great top 20 showdown on a Friday night.  The NBA crowd is more used to prime time weekend games, so maybe you pull some in--only shame is that the Bucks are playing Boston at the same time.

Very basic interview, talked about how its a big game on Friday and the big win over Wisconsin. Also about how much they like playing in the new arena

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2018, 12:26:18 PM »
FS-Wisconsin also runs Wojo's TV show "Inside Marquette Basketball", so they're promoting that too.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »
Buffalo "sounds" like a cupcake and I bet 80% of fans don't know they are ranked. 

It's a Friday during December, holiday parties are planned.  Students gone.  Too many people with Arby's coupons that expire on Friday.  I will predict a pretty light crowd.  13k announced, 7k butts in seats.

Think you're wrong topper. They are pushing it big time here in the midwest. I'd actually predict a pretty good turnout.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2018, 01:00:56 PM »
Here is one, why would MU schedule anyone but schools with RPIs over 250 for home games during the xmas break? Makes no sense.
Play Buffalo during late nivember early december ncream puffs without the students. 
Clearly more to it than that but buy games we should be setting the agenda.  Anyone should have known this would have been a tougher game, maybe not 14 but definitely top 75.
Hopefully it is all a moot point u would hope between mu being ranked and playing a ranked opponent it will take care of itself, yet the students always add to the homecourt much more so than the sweater vests who seemingly stand at the beginning and then again at halftime and then to leave.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2018, 01:07:07 PM »
Think you're wrong topper. They are pushing it big time here in the midwest. I'd actually predict a pretty good turnout.

The size of the crowd does not matter as long as Chick and Glow are there.

feedback