[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Punched, hit or grabbed?  (Read 36303 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Punched, hit or grabbed?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2018, 12:44:13 PM »
I have to imagine TAMU is a blast at cock tail parties.

Hope teal is not needed.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2018, 12:54:53 PM »
Hysterical under the circumstances.

All I know is that you guys are spending way too much time looking at Joey's crotch.

Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2018, 01:05:33 PM »
I have to imagine TAMU is a blast at cock tail parties.

Your Freudian Slip is showing.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
Your Freudian Slip is showing.

Only freudian if it was freudian

GOO

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
All I know is that you guys are spending way too much time looking at Joey's crotch.

Indeed.  I was at the game and had no clue what happened until after the game.  So, my son showed me the incident in slow mo.  Being as objective as I could be, I say it was intentional.  Davison keeps his left arm in a strange position way to long, very unnatural move. Not a basketball move.  Stopped pumping his left arm way in advance.  If he was trying to hold or hook, it would not have set his arm and held it so far in advance.

This analysis/thread sounds like some Seinfeld episode.

Anyway, time to move onto better subjects than a crotch shot that apparently missed its target.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 01:46:30 PM »
In a court of law, no way you prove that was intentional.

In the court of college basketball message board, no way that isn't intentional.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »

Is that the footlong?

And then some....

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 02:06:55 PM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »
Jeff Potrykus @jaypo1961
2h2 hours ago
FWIW: We talked to #Badgers guard Brad Davison today. Said he told Joey Hauser he was sorry for the contact to his groin in OT. Insisted that despite how it might have looked on video, he wasn't trying to hit him there or anywhere.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »
Jeff Potrykus @jaypo1961
2h2 hours ago
FWIW: We talked to #Badgers guard Brad Davison today. Said he told Joey Hauser he was sorry for the contact to his groin in OT. Insisted that despite how it might have looked on video, he wasn't trying to hit him there or anywhere.

Maybe the only sports journalist in the world that is worse than Oates.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 09:13:34 PM »
Brad Davison... nh?
Personally i think a nh move, however any time ur hand is that close to another guys schwantz you gotta wonder.
Prolly a sexual assault on a minor anywhere else but on a basketball court.
FFS, and I can't believe i actually have to ask this question but, do either of you think that an official representative of MUBB i.e. player, coach, staff, university employee, student manager, etc. wouldn't be disciplined for using "no homo" in social media or during an interview?  If they would, why do you think they would?  If they wouldn't, why not?

I honestly don't know the answer - maybe someone closer to the program than I can answer (Chick, Glow, Daddy, Goose, Neilson, etc...any insight?).

My assumption is that the person associated with MUBB would be disciplined because MUBB, and MU, does not want to be associated with bigoted and hateful messaging and/or rhetoric.  Like it or not, Scoop is visited by recruits, parents, players and prospective students and therefore is reflective of the greater Marquette community.  IMO we should not allow this type of bigoted and hateful rhetoric to go unchecked within our community.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »
Consider the sources.  Their characters were revealed a long time ago.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 05:28:00 AM »
Funny stuff.  You guys have apparantly been busy n out fighting the PC war while all the MU player tweets have been posted over the years?  Well welcome back, how is the war going. It must be hard, nh.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2018, 08:02:20 AM »
Nag, if I were you I’d worry about relevant topical discussion re: bball such as posts making arguments for why players are going to transfer out and naming those players (with no factual foundation for the claim)...

Thankfully, I’m not you and our minds work differently. So, if you want to make believe that certain things are “bigoted” and “hateful”, even though they’re not, good luck to ya, try to keep your eyes dry bub.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2018, 08:39:33 PM »
Nag, if I were you I’d worry about relevant topical discussion re: bball such as posts making arguments for why players are going to transfer out and naming those players (with no factual foundation for the claim)...

Thankfully, I’m not you and our minds work differently. So, if you want to make believe that certain things are “bigoted” and “hateful”, even though they’re not, good luck to ya, try to keep your eyes dry bub.
Funny stuff.  You guys have apparantly been busy n out fighting the PC war while all the MU player tweets have been posted over the years?  Well welcome back, how is the war going. It must be hard, nh.

Neither one of you answered the question....do you think someone officially associated with MUBB (player or staff) would be disciplined for using "no homo" on social media or in an interview?  and why do you thing they would/wouldn't?

Instead, you both doubled down that you believe 'no homo' is not a homophobic phrase.  Or, you know it is and you don't care.  I think you should explain why.

There are plenty of communities that are perfectly accepting of bigoted references - i'm sure there is a proud boys facebook page for you - but i will call out hate in any community i'm involved with.  Again, if you can explain why 'no homo' isn't hateful/bigotry i'd be happy to stop making this a point of discomfort for you.   

Edit:  Mods ban me if 'no homo' is not considered a homophobic slur, if that's the case I clearly need to find another community.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:43:43 PM by naginiF »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2018, 08:43:03 PM »
Go talk to your shrink about it, Nags

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Go talk to your shrink about it, Nags
Would someone associated with MUBB be disciplined for using 'no homo'?

The more you resort to high school retorts, vs. answering the question, the more i know that you know the answer is 'yes' and the more i realize you know the reason why the answer is 'yes'

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »
Would someone associated with MUBB be disciplined for using 'no homo'?

Would someone associated with MUBB be disciplined for publicly criticizing Wojo or the performance of any of the players?

1.Yes
2.So?

People associated with MUBB have restrictions on their speech/jokes etc., that members of Scoop don't. And that's OK.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 06:06:59 AM »
Would someone associated with MUBB be disciplined for publicly criticizing Wojo or the performance of any of the players?

1.Yes
2.So?

People associated with MUBB have restrictions on their speech/jokes etc., that members of Scoop don't. And that's OK.
We're dodging the question as to whether or not bigoted rhetoric is acceptable by folks here.  Criticizing Wojo or a player for his performance can be done without using slurs.

"Marcus turns the ball over too much because he plays hero ball and forces the issue" is MUCH different than "Marcus needs to stop monkeying around with the ball".  The latter, especially with repeated intent, is clearly unacceptable and the user perpetuating this language would be chastised.  Or at least i would've assumed so before trying to put an end to the whole 'no homo' thing.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2018, 06:34:00 AM »
We're dodging the question as to whether or not bigoted rhetoric is acceptable by folks here.  Criticizing Wojo or a player for his performance can be done without using slurs.

"Marcus turns the ball over too much because he plays hero ball and forces the issue" is MUCH different than "Marcus needs to stop monkeying around with the ball".  The latter, especially with repeated intent, is clearly unacceptable and the user perpetuating this language would be chastised.  Or at least i would've assumed so before trying to put an end to the whole 'no homo' thing.

+1

The Scoop rules are pretty clear on this:

Quote from: MUScoop
  • Respect other posters.  Insults, and flames will not be tolerated
  • Use of profanity, racist or sexist comments prohibited
Previous threads have established the use of the NH slur is an insult to members of the Scoop community. That slur and the other sexist comments we see in here are obviously against Scoop rules. It is absolutely no different than using the N word in a derisive way and should be treated as such.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2018, 06:49:26 AM »
In a court of law, no way you prove that was intentional.

In the court of college basketball message board, no way that isn't intentional.

How about the title IX courts. Joey goes to the administration claiming he was sexually assaulted. MU asks Joey do you have proof. Joey says , "Yeah, here is the video. MU goes to UW and ask them to suspend Brad until an investigation is completed.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »
+1

The Scoop rules are pretty clear on this:

Previous threads have established the use of the NH slur is an insult to members of the Scoop community. That slur and the other sexist comments we see in here are obviously against Scoop rules. It is absolutely no different than using the N word in a derisive way and should be treated as such.

That’s ridiculous.

And a mod has posted that it’s not what you claim.

BTW, do any of you #TheRighteousHypocrites use anti-animal phrases? Shame on you!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/world/peta-mocked-for-suggesting-animal-friendly-alternatives-to-popular-phrases-a4009141.html%3Famp

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2018, 08:03:16 AM »
That’s ridiculous.

And a mod has posted that it’s not what you claim.

A mod doesn't have to. A user of this forum did. So every time you use that slur, you are attacking members on this site.

Also, you're trying to move the goalposts to distract from your own homophobic behavior. If you don't want to be labeled a bigot, it's simple. Stop posting bigoted comments.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
A mod doesn't have to. A user of this forum did. So every time you use that slur, you are attacking members on this site.

Also, you're trying to move the goalposts to distract from your own homophobic behavior. If you don't want to be labeled a bigot, it's simple. Stop posting bigoted comments.

Your dumb posts like this offend me. Please stop attacking me!

I’m not a bigot and am not posting bigoted comments. Your mind is simply warped.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2018, 09:41:59 AM »
Your dumb posts like this offend me. Please stop attacking me!

I’m not a bigot and am not posting bigoted comments. Your mind is simply warped.

I'll stop pointing out your bigoted comments when you stop making bigoted comments.

feedback