[Today at 08:13:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Lennys Tap
[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 10 days off, what to talk about  (Read 10641 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: 10 days off, what to talk about
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 07:40:35 PM »
Shooting 38.5% from 3 is definitely a decline for him after shooting almost 50% last year, but defenses have to pay more attention to him now that we don't have a 3rd elite shooter on the floor.
Sam will not force a bad play(assuming you were referring to AR/MH/SH.....and GD I love him for it. That 3rd elite shooter will present themselves because the shot is open. 3rd option shooter don’t need to be elite. They need to hit the open 3 that was given to them by the work of others. Sacar opens that up. Theo opens that up. It’s open....hit it. Maybe the milkman!
It’s actually the way
Joey/Sacar/Brendan/Jamal all can go 1:1, 2:3. Those are winning #s.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 07:57:52 PM »
9.  Smoked meats

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
Nut cups

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
9.  Smoked meats

Arby's was already brought up

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »
Tried the Arbynator the other day.  Wasn't very good.
Careful, I got banned for less than this.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 09:19:02 AM »
I have watched Buffalo a few times, they remind of many teams in the Big East.  Very athletic, but not much size, very quick.  Lets see if MU can handle the quickness
without Elliott.  St. Johns, X, Creighton, Gtown, Providence all are about the same.  I think we have a better chance beating Villy this year then ever.  Hall will be a challenge.  DePaul and Butler.  I do not see us beating everybody at home, 8-1 is feasible and 3-6 on the road will give MU 11-7, disappointed if they do not get there.
Beat Buffalo and MU will get a nice seed in the tournament.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 10:06:58 AM »
Will there be any transfers?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
I actually think of KSU, UW, Buffalo...that Buffalo is the one we match up the worst with.

11-2 non-con would be niceeeee.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »
Had some time, so I looked at North Dakota's schedule.  Why have they played UWM twice?  Only time I can ever remember playing a non conference opponent twice was 2011 when we played Norfolk State twice because they upset TCU in a Thanksgiving tourney semi and played us in the final so the second time was on a neutral court.  This seems like it's a home and home with both games happening the same year.  Weird.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »
Had some time, so I looked at North Dakota's schedule.  Why have they played UWM twice?  Only time I can ever remember playing a non conference opponent twice was 2011 when we played Norfolk State twice because they upset TCU in a Thanksgiving tourney semi and played us in the final so the second time was on a neutral court.  This seems like it's a home and home with both games happening the same year.  Weird.
Interestingly enough, the same goes for Buffalo and Southern Illinois

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »

It happens in the low majors more than people realize. UTEP and New Mexico State play a home and away against each other every season
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »
It happens in the low majors more than people realize. UTEP and New Mexico State play a home and away against each other every season

Interesting.  Learn something new everyday.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »

That's a somewhat unique case because they are historic rivals.  Kind of like when Marquette used to play DePaul and Notre Dame home and away when they were all independents.

The UWM / North Dakota thing is more like a "let's each get a home game" kind of thing.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2018, 11:46:58 AM »
Does anyone think Joey will stay after Sam graduates assuming Sam is still here for his senior season?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »
Does anyone think Joey will stay after Sam graduates assuming Sam is still here for his senior season?

Sure.  Unless he's a first round lock.  And if he is a first round lock, he'll have a helluva season next year - which will be fun.

And Sam will be here next year.  He's not a first round player.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2018, 12:19:19 PM »

Sure.  Unless he's a first round lock.  And if he is a first round lock, he'll have a helluva season next year - which will be fun.

And Sam will be here next year.  He's not a first round player.

I'm hoping for three years of Joey (and Brendan).  I think he may want to have one year where he is the main guy.  And, with a hypothetical starting five of Theo/Joey/Bailey/Elliott/McEwen in 20-21, that's a strong core to return to with hopefully a few years of experience under their belts. 

But, yeah, if they go on a deep run next year, I could see him entering the draft with Sam and Markus. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
Until Joey Hauser starts showing up in mock drafts, I will assume he is a 4 year player.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2018, 12:25:11 PM »
I'm hoping for three years of Joey (and Brendan).  I think he may want to have one year where he is the main guy.  And, with a hypothetical starting five of Theo/Joey/Bailey/Elliott/McEwen in 20-21, that's a strong core to return to with hopefully a few years of experience under their belts. 

But, yeah, if they go on a deep run next year, I could see him entering the draft with Sam and Markus.

I'd be surprised if any of the four guys you listed left early for the draft

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2018, 12:32:46 PM »
Until Joey Hauser starts showing up in mock drafts, I will assume he is a 4 year player.

What's the difference between Henry and Joey beyond hype?

Henry might be a better rebounder and Henry had moves to get that 15 footer that looked really smooth...but the 15 footer never went in.  Joey can shoot it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2018, 12:34:24 PM »
I'd be surprised if any of the four guys you listed left early for the draft

I think I only listed two possibilities--I expect Sam and Markus both to stay through their senior seasons ("next year").

But Bailey and Joey I think there is a possibility that either could leave after their junior year.  Bailey is the son of a long-time NBA player who will be 23 years old after three years.  And with Joey's size, handle, and IQ, I think he has a decent shot--a poor man's Ellenson, who left after only one.  I'd love it if they both stayed for all four, but won't be surprised if we lost either early.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »

That's a somewhat unique case because they are historic rivals.  Kind of like when Marquette used to play DePaul and Notre Dame home and away when they were all independents.

The UWM / North Dakota thing is more like a "let's each get a home game" kind of thing.
MU also played Wisconsin, Xavier and Detroit home and home back in the day
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2018, 01:08:45 PM »

Henry might be a better rebounder and Henry had moves to get that 15 footer that looked really smooth...but the 15 footer never went in.  Joey can shoot it.

I've wondered the same thing.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »

The key is the last sentence.  Joey can shoot it.  I'm not going to make predictions until this year is wrapped up, but Joey's EFG is over 100 points higher fueled by a much better shooting percentage from 3:  .393 versus .288 by Henry.

But there is a lot more season left to go, and BE will be a lot harder. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2018, 01:15:02 PM »

Henry was two inches taller and more athletic.
That matters very much to NBA people. Skill can be taught, size and athleticism cannot, so the thinking goes.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »

...back to 2015 we go...

Joey's comp would be Henry... he's not where Henry was at this stage, but some similarities in what they can do at their size (at a high-level)... Joey has a couple inches on Sam and is well built. Still, his upper body isn't where it'll eventually be and as he gains strength it's only going to make him more of a menace.

He can work on the block, he can pop out and knock down the three and he can run the floor and finish quite well. Both he and Sam defend all sorts of players, including small guards... and do so with success. I had Sam at a ~40-70 type range... I could see Joey a bit better.. maybe 25-45ish.. if he works on his strength and just keeps improving though, there is a very high upside for him.

Like Sam, Joey can pass the ball as well. Some well-delivered dishes cross-court.

What might stand out most about both of them is their calmness and confidence on the court. They both look incredibly comfortable. Both do make highlight-reel plays, but even with those there is a unique smoothness and confidence. Under-control. Relative to what many freshmen go through, their transition to D-I basketball may be a little easier for them because of their make-up.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback