[Today at 11:59:50 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 10:46:31 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Congrats Allazia Blockton!  (Read 4265 times)

SaveOD238

• All American
Congrats Allazia Blockton!
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:43:56 PM »
Allazia Blockton set the MU women's points record today at Northwestern, passing Krystal Ellis.  She currently sits at 1942 with a few minutes left to play.  2000 points and the all time men's or women's record are well within reach.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Congrats Allazia Blockton!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 02:52:20 PM »
They also got the win today to improve to 7-2. The next six are at home, highlighted by #2 Notre Dame on December 22. Think that might be my daughter's first #muwbb game.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 02:56:20 PM »
Congrats to Blockton!

I watched about 1:30 of the game and heard my new favorite announcer line when Hiedeman block a layup attempt.

"She has a lot of rise for her size"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:03:35 PM by MUEng92 »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:02:55 PM »
44 more points and she will be the all-time scorer, men's or women's.

For now.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
Congrats to Allazia!

Go Marquette!

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »
44 more points and she will be the all-time scorer, men's or women's.

For now.

I believe Markus is at 1333.  22 points from #20 all-time on the men's side.

Depending on the total number of games remaining this season, Markus needs to average somewhere around 19 a game to pass George (1773) for the top three year mark.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:59:16 AM by oldwarrior81 »

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
another note on the ladies team is that all five starters have more than 1,000 career points.

The Notre Dame team had four with more than 1,000, and a fifth just a few points shy.

When they play in a couple weeks, a combined ten players could be 1000+

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »
another note on the ladies team is that all five starters have more than 1,000 career points.

The Notre Dame team had four with more than 1,000, and a fifth just a few points shy.

When they play in a couple weeks, a combined ten players could be 1000+

Very nice stat....very nice.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 11:50:10 AM »
Hope they kick their ass. ND’s women’s coach is a piece of work.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »
I believe Markus is at 1333.  22 points from #20 all-time on the men's side.

Depending on the total number of games remaining this season, Markus needs to average somewhere around 19 a game to pass George (1773) for the top three year mark.

It's not impossible that a slight scoring uptick and decent postseason runs (BET title game & Sweet 16) could see Howard even pass McNeal this year. I think a season average of 23.8 ppg (1.4 ppg over his current average) would do it.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 03:22:55 PM »
It's not impossible that a slight scoring uptick and decent postseason runs (BET title game & Sweet 16) could see Howard even pass McNeal this year. I think a season average of 23.8 ppg (1.4 ppg over his current average) would do it.

If he comes back for year 4 (highly likely) Markus will obliterate Jerel's record and whatever mens-or-womens record Allazia sets this year.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 03:31:00 PM »
If he comes back for year 4 (highly likely) Markus will obliterate Jerel's record and whatever mens-or-womens record Allazia sets this year.

He could. Blockton, depending on postseason, is on pace to eclipse 2300 points and could get up around 2500 depending on the postseason. If she's healthy, she can at least give Markus a lofty target to reach.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »
I'm married to a female athlete, I'm father to a female athlete, I work with female athletes and I coach female athletes. Nevertheless, I've always steered clear of "so-and-so becomes the school's all-time leading scorer -- women or men."

I love women's basketball, but in many ways it's a vastly different sport than men's basketball, and obviously women play only against women and men play only against men. It's such an apples-and-oranges thing, and the "leading scorer -- women or men" statement always seems forced to me.

I welcome hearing other opinions on this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 07:17:25 AM »
I'm married to a female athlete, I'm father to a female athlete, I work with female athletes and I coach female athletes. Nevertheless, I've always steered clear of "so-and-so becomes the school's all-time leading scorer -- women or men."

I love women's basketball, but in many ways it's a vastly different sport than men's basketball, and obviously women play only against women and men play only against men. It's such an apples-and-oranges thing, and the "leading scorer -- women or men" statement always seems forced to me.

If you want to say that you can't really compare the men's and women's games, just say it. And I mean that without any animosity. You don't have to add all of the "some of my best friends are female athletes" hedging.

I simply pointed out what I thought was an interesting stat.  :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:22:06 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 09:21:35 AM »
If you want to say that you can't really compare the men's and women's games, just say it. And I mean that without any animosity. You don't have to add all of the "some of my best friends are female athletes" hedging.

I simply pointed out what I thought was an interesting stat.  :)

I appreciate your royal dispensation, Khaleesi!

Re-reading my post, I did do a lot of apologizing in advance, didn't I?

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 09:47:11 AM »

I see it similar to people who say Sadaharu Oh is the real home run king.  It's fun to compare Oh's 868 Japanese home runs to Bonds' 762, but everyone knows that the two were playing essentially different sports in vastly different leagues.  In reality, both are champs of their own domains.

When Blockton passes McNeal, it will be an interesting side note, nothing more.  Same for if/when Markus passes her next year.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
I see it similar to people who say Sadaharu Oh is the real home run king.  It's fun to compare Oh's 868 Japanese home runs to Bonds' 762, but everyone knows that the two were playing essentially different sports in vastly different leagues.  In reality, both are champs of their own domains.

When Blockton passes McNeal, it will be an interesting side note, nothing more.  Same for if/when Markus passes her next year.

Or Simone Biles is the greatest gymnast of all time, male or female.  She might not be able to do every single gymnastic stunt that some men can, but she completely dominates.
Have some patience, FFS.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »
We wouldn't be sports fans if we didn't compare certain fruits to other, more orange-colored, completely different fruits.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
I thought it was a cool stat to hear that Blockton will likely become the first 2,000 point scorer in Marquette history.  It doesn't make her better than all the other Men's players that she will do that - just is a neat accomplishment in my opinion.  Congrats to Blockton on her record.  She would have had a bit more work to do too if Kristin Maskala had played for 4 years at Marquette - she's one of the best ever at MU in my opinion.  She is 5th on the all-time scoring list now with 1,745 points which she scored in 3 years at MU (played her freshman year at DePaul).

There's lots of chances to see her and this great team coming up as they have a 6 game homestand starting with a game Sat. at 2P vs. UWGB.  And their biggest home game of the season is next Sat. 12/22 vs. defending national champion Notre Dame at 12:30P - I"m not sure if that's sold out yet or not but I expect it to sellout.  I'm hoping that there aren't more ND fans there than MU fans.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »

I'm stickin' with Hammerin' Hank!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »
I appreciate your royal dispensation, Khaleesi!

Re-reading my post, I did do a lot of apologizing in advance, didn't I?

You need to apologize for it.  ;)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »
It took a little longer than expected after Allazia Blockton suffered an ankle injury 8 minutes into the first BE game.  But in her second game back after missing 5 games and first game without restrictions, she became the first Marquette player ever to surpass 2,000 career points in Marquette's 90-44 win at Xavier.  Marquette moves to 8-0 in Big East play now also.  Congrats to Allazia Blockton!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »
Congrats Allazia!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »
Well done
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 06:00:46 AM »
This is awesome. Definitely an all-timer at Marquette.

feedback