[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: BE at MSG through 2028  (Read 12009 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: BE at MSG through 2028
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 12:37:23 PM »
Don't forget you must add the cost for all sports.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
Maybe the teams would fly there...seems much faster than driving. However, you would miss the stops to Mt Rushmore.

Wojo is gonna love Wall Drug.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »
If UCONN ever comes back to the Big East I want Steve Novak to throw the honorary tip-off in Milwaukee to welcome them back.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »
Don't forget you must add the cost for all sports.

I bet some Georgetown lawyers could lay out a case to the NCAA that gets that rule changed.

Rules are meant to be changed by attorneys.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2018, 02:04:47 PM »
This has made me wonder if schools like Boston University and Denver could be dark horse candidates.

I would LOVE if BU opened up the taps and started spending on their basketball program. Two New England appearances for MU every year? Sign me up!

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2018, 07:27:22 PM »
Whet power does the WCC have?  Everything they have they owe to Gonzaga. 

Tho it’s probably moot, apparently your main conf needs to be your hoops conf.

Why would Gonzaga want to trek east for so many games? Terrible for the team and it’s fans. geographically a really bad fit

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 08:04:31 AM »
Why would Gonzaga want to trek east for so many games? Terrible for the team and it’s fans. geographically a really bad fit

OMG, you got me!

I wasn’t thinking about their fans!!!

I’m so embarrassed!!!!!

I mean now they get to drive 13 hours to BYU and 13 hours to Santa Clara / St Mary’s and 18 hours to Loyola Marymount / Pepperdine (20+ to San Diego).  They’re going to totally miss that!

Man I would be a terrible A.D.    I need to consider the fans more.  They’re gonna hate jumping on a 3 hour flight to Chicago or a 4 hour plane to NYC. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 08:17:57 AM »
Every team makes the trip once.  The hardship falls on Gonzaga who is making no small trips to San Fran, LA and San Diego.  But some creative scheduling can help

MU / DePaul road trip
Hall / SJU road trip
PC / Nova / Gtown (do it before 2nd semester starts)
Omaha / X road trip

Everything is negotiable. 

The Zags could use some of their new found wealth to offset damages to the WCC contract.  They could schedule 2-4 WCC teams per year with ESPN to help maintain the value (they won't be playing A&M, Illinois, Arizona, Duke, UNC & Tenn if they join the Big East). 

If you can be in one conference for hoops and one for everything else, it is doable. 

Just depends on how valuable FS1 thinks Gonzaga is. 

I just don't see how it would work out to the benefit of all parties.  It really isn't that much money.  Certainly not enough in my opinion for the WCC to allow it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2018, 09:27:24 AM »
Maybe the teams would fly there...seems much faster than driving. However, you would miss the stops to Mt Rushmore.

The drive to the Pacific NW isn't bad except for the extreme distance and potential for severe winter weather.  Doing a little touristy stuff in the Black Hills helps break it up.  None of the stuff is too far off I-90.  A summer trip is preferred because Yellowstone/Glacier become options.  In response to MUPilot, the Coeur d'Alene/Spokane area is quite nice and the mountain passes east of there in western Montana are beautiful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2018, 09:41:34 AM »
If a deal existed that made both Gonzaga $$$ and the Big East $$$ then Gonzaga would join the Big East, geography be damned.

I'm just not sure that such a deal exists in the current landscape.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 12:04:44 PM »
OMG, you got me!

I wasn’t thinking about their fans!!!

I’m so embarrassed!!!!!

I mean now they get to drive 13 hours to BYU and 13 hours to Santa Clara / St Mary’s and 18 hours to Loyola Marymount / Pepperdine (20+ to San Diego).  They’re going to totally miss that!

Man I would be a terrible A.D.    I need to consider the fans more.  They’re gonna hate jumping on a 3 hour flight to Chicago or a 4 hour plane to NYC.

Thank you for clearing that up.

feedback