collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kathy Kraninger MU Grad Confirmed as Head of Consumer Finance Protection Bureau  (Read 1688 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Kathy Kraninger confirmed to be head of Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. Graduated Magna Cum Laude from MU in 1997. She will be in this position until 2023. Good news for MU.

https://www.marquette.edu/alumni/awards-2014/recipient_kraninger.php
https://www.marquette.edu/alumni/awards-2014/recipient_kraninger.php
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
Good news for MU.

Really, Brother Herm?

To be head of an agency that the President and his party want to put out of business.

To be head of an agency, whose existence and structure is of questionable constitutionality.

To be head of an agency caught in the middle of a cat fight between the Administration and the far end of the Democratic Party.

Ms. Kraninger must be a massocist. You couldn't pay me to take that job.

GGGG

• All American
Such a waste.  Ah well...

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
She has the most important qualification.

Lack of experience in consumer finance.

The selection is a joke.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Really, Brother Herm?

To be head of an agency that the President and his party want to put out of business.

To be head of an agency, whose existence and structure is of questionable constitutionality.

To be head of an agency caught in the middle of a cat fight between the Administration and the far end of the Democratic Party.

Ms. Kraninger must be a massocist. You couldn't pay me to take that job.
It is a great career move . If I was her age and had that opportunity I would take it in a heart beat. She is ostensibly answerable to no one for five years and has an opportunity to turn a lemon into lemonade.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

WarriorDad

• All American
Congratulations to her. 

Now continue with the political attacks.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
My Republican Party needs to start pushing people who are qualified for public service. We’ve been throwing lots of people in jobs who have no business being there (see, eg, Rick Perry as head an agency he once sought to eliminate). She doesn’t seem like one of them. Hope I’m wrong.

GB Warrior

• All American
It is a great career move . If I was her age and had that opportunity I would take it in a heart beat. She is ostensibly answerable to no one for five years and has an opportunity to turn a lemon into lemonade.

That bureau has been turned into lemon over the past 2 years. She's a patsy at best.

dgies9156

• All American
Congratulations to her. 
Now continue with the political attacks.

Mine is less a political attack and more a question of facts.

The fact is that legal scholars have questioned the lack of accountability to Congress and the Administration of the CFPB.

The fact is the President ran on the platform of getting ride of it.

The fact is that if there is one agency that rouses the ire of both the GOP and Democrats, it's this one.

If I was being political, I'd ask the question of why we need an agency to do for billions and billions of dollars what a lawyer can do for a few hundred. Or, why CFPB has to exist when we teach people to read and count?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I'm surprised she was nominated for the role given her lack of experience with FoxNews

feedback