[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bracketology Thread 2018-19  (Read 102648 times)

BM1090

• All American
Bracketology Thread 2018-19
« on: December 06, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi

Lunardi has us 33rd,or the best 9 seed. That seems fair enough. I'd have us higher with 2 good wins and 2 A losses.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Bracketology Thread 2018-19
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
Lot of game left.  Get 1 of Buffalo/Wisconsin and get 12 BE wins and we're a top 6 seed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 02:02:57 PM »
I'll be the first to say the annual phrase. The bubble is really weak this year.

I know it ended up being a very strong bubble last year. But lord, last four in of Butler, TCU, Arkansas and UCF?

WVU, ND, MINN, and LSU as first out

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »
Bracketology! here we go.....

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 09:40:59 AM »
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Lunardi's update for today. Won't post where we are because that would ruin the fun!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »
Hmm. We beat Bucky and they move up? Have to say, that opponent and location wouldn't be as bad as South Carolina in Greenville, but it wouldn't be much better.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 09:55:26 AM »
Hmm. We beat Bucky and they move up? Have to say, that opponent and location wouldn't be as bad as South Carolina in Greenville, but it wouldn't be much better.

Actually, it is Columbia, SC. Nice new(er) arena.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 09:58:24 AM »
I'm sure Brew was referring to the effective home game SC got vs MU in 2017.  When we got smoked.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »
Losing to SC didn’t piss me off in the long run knowing they made it to the Final 4

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 10:05:46 AM »
I'm sure Brew was referring to the effective home game SC got vs MU in 2017.  When we got smoked.

Yup. We ended up playing a road game in a 7/10 matchup. At least that was as the 10, this would be pretty close to a road game as the favored seed.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
Losing to SC didn’t piss me off in the long run knowing they made it to the Final 4

And that we were actually in that game until about the 8 minute mark. That was a close game for 32 minutes then they just ran us out of the gym to close it.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »

This Zona team is pretty rancid tho

Not sure they even make the tourney
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »
Boy, those first round sites are a real who's who of great American basketball arenas/cities!

Des Moines
Hartford
Jacksonville
Columbia, SC
San Jose
Tulsa
Columbus
Salt Lake City

The ideal site for us is probably Des Moines.  Kansas is probably a lock for one of the protected seeds there, but if we can make the top 4 seed line and remain ahead of Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa St, we could see ourselves getting a minor location advantage.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 10:17:36 AM »
SaveO, what really only matters is how many are within reasonable driving distance.  An NCAA weekend is truly a special event, especially if the good guys can manage to win both.  I promise you Des Moines will be a helluva time if we're kicking some arse there.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 10:33:49 AM »

Sorry, I have no recollection of that ever happening.  :D

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 10:35:52 AM »
Boy, those first round sites are a real who's who of great American basketball arenas/cities!

Des Moines
Hartford
Jacksonville
Columbia, SC
San Jose
Tulsa
Columbus
Salt Lake City

The ideal site for us is probably Des Moines.  Kansas is probably a lock for one of the protected seeds there, but if we can make the top 4 seed line and remain ahead of Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa St, we could see ourselves getting a minor location advantage.

Doesn't help that they removed Seattle from the list.
Yeah, friends and I go to first round games every year.  We looked at this list and had a definitive yawn. Columbia is a good but basic arena. Nice college town. The rest? ho-hum.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 10:54:00 AM »
Doesn't help that they removed Seattle from the list.

Seattle removed themselves from the list by electing to draw in a NHL team, and electing to gut Key Arena for a 2 year ($700MM!) renovation.

That number should please MKE residents who think they got fleeced.  Hell, Key Arena isn't even getting a new roof!  But they are pretty much digging out everything under the roof.  If you think I'm joking, whatch the video at this link

https://seattle.curbed.com/2018/8/1/17637972/key-arena-renovation-technique-video

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »
American stadiums in general cost much more than necessary.  New soccer stadium in Madrid only cost 240 mil.

http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/esp/estadio_la_peineta

Yea it took 6 years to build and it doesn't have a full roof that basketball/hockey stadiums need, but even taking into account the euro to dollar exchange, you're getting an almost 70,000 seat stadium for about half as much as the forum.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 11:17:24 AM »

Des Moines
Hartford
Jacksonville
Columbia, SC
San Jose
Tulsa
Columbus
Salt Lake City

First hope is that we go something like 15-3 in conference and draw a 2-seed in one of the Midwest cities. Because that means we're effen great.

If that doesn't happen, I'm selfishly rooting for Columbia or Jacksonville; the former is right down the road from me and the latter is a pretty easy drive.

My first thought when I saw the list was the exact same as brewski's ... I hope this time we're not playing what amounts to be a true road game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 11:19:41 AM »
Have u been in european soccer stadiums? 
Much different.  They are sumilar to what anerican stadiums were built like 30-40 years ago.  That is athetic viewing structures. 
I dont know the figures but i would lije to know the cost of the “frills” that go into american stadiums today.  From the tvs, kiosks, restaurants, sofa like seating , paintings, hall of fames, and all the technology and other bells n whistles. 
Dont get those in europe, they are there fir the game.  Concrete structures with bench n plastic type seating fir the most part.  Think of going to a football  or baseball game before 2000. 
Im guessing 1/3 to half the cost of these new venues is wasted on items that honestly in my opinion do nothing,  for me at least, to better the game viewing experience.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »
Have u been in european soccer stadiums? 
Much different.  They are sumilar to what anerican stadiums were built like 30-40 years ago.  That is athetic viewing structures. 
I dont know the figures but i would lije to know the cost of the “frills” that go into american stadiums today.  From the tvs, kiosks, restaurants, sofa like seating , paintings, hall of fames, and all the technology and other bells n whistles. 
Dont get those in europe, they are there fir the game.  Concrete structures with bench n plastic type seating fir the most part.  Think of going to a football  or baseball game before 2000. 
Im guessing 1/3 to half the cost of these new venues is wasted on items that honestly in my opinion do nothing,  for me at least, to better the game viewing experience.

This is largely because they get almost no public funding in Europe.  As a Wisconsin taxpayer, I could gladly live without all the restaurants in the concourse, the atrium entrance, and the entertainment district for cutting the price in half.  Just comes down to cultural differences.  In Europe, it's all about getting as many people as possible at the game for as cheap as possible, in America, we generally pull for all the bells and whistles.

Edit: and yes I have been in European stadiums.  Was there for a game, enjoyed the game the same as I would have it if were played in the US at a fancier stadium.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 11:25:13 AM by Its DJOver »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 11:44:21 AM »
This is largely because they get almost no public funding in Europe.  As a Wisconsin taxpayer, I could gladly live without all the restaurants in the concourse, the atrium entrance, and the entertainment district for cutting the price in half.  Just comes down to cultural differences.  In Europe, it's all about getting as many people as possible at the game for as cheap as possible, in America, we generally pull for all the bells and whistles.

Edit: and yes I have been in European stadiums.  Was there for a game, enjoyed the game the same as I would have it if were played in the US at a fancier stadium.

In reality, if the stadium was half the price the taxes coming from you individually wouldn't be noticeable at all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »
In reality, if the stadium was half the price the taxes coming from you individually wouldn't be noticeable at all.

This is true, however, it is still a little discouraging knowing that a significant percentage of the total bill is due to amenities that I neither want nor use.  We've almost finished paying for Miller Park now. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 11:52:01 AM »

The reasoning behind this is because the cost of construction is generally borne by the taxpayer while the revenue generated is generally captured by an organization controlled by the team.  So for instance, while the Wisconsin Center District built the Forum, it is operated by the Bucks and their owners end up capturing most of the revenue.

That is a decidedly different model from what you see in Europe.  I'm not an expert, but my guess is that such an arrangement is usually illegal.  Probably not a bad idea.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 11:55:00 AM »

The reasoning behind this is because the cost of construction is generally borne by the taxpayer while the revenue generated is generally captured by an organization controlled by the team.  So for instance, while the Wisconsin Center District built the Forum, it is operated by the Bucks and their owners end up capturing most of the revenue.

That is a decidedly different model from what you see in Europe.  I'm not an expert, but my guess is that such an arrangement is usually illegal.  Probably not a bad idea.

Agree on all fronts.  The threat of relocating is also laughable in Europe.  That threat is almost always used to get public money in America.