'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5 yrs is long enough  (Read 18449 times)

94Warrior

• All American
5 yrs is long enough
« on: November 23, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »
I've been in Wojo's corner from day 1.  But, this team is soft, again.  Time to move on.  Chris Mack needed all of 6 months to get Louisville playing harder than any of Wojo's teams.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: 5 yrs is long enough
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 07:46:01 PM »
So are you proposing that we fire Wojo in November, or fire him in March regardless of what happens between now and then?

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
I've been in Wojo's corner from day 1.  But, this team is soft, again.  Time to move on.  Chris Mack needed all of 6 months to get Louisville playing harder than any of Wojo's teams.

What he said. ☝️    Regardless of outcome here.  This is junk ball

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 07:58:01 PM »
What he said. ☝️    Regardless of outcome here.  This is junk ball

I wonder if Wojo can actually feel the building pressure? What kind of a delay exists between the moment it becomes so obvious to us and when it becomes obvious to him?

I get the sense he isn't the reflective type. He seems kind of dumb, actually. I think it will be a surprise when he gets the axe.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 08:30:04 PM »
This didn’t age well. MU losing by 4 with 39 seconds doesn’t give up and plays solid defense to get it to overtime. MU didn’t give up and out roughed Louisville in OT

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »
We out fought them to win this game.  We played better defense than them. 

On paper they have more talent (1 five star, 5 four stars vs. 0 five stars, 5 four stars), and more experience.

So tell me again why we sucked in this game?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 08:34:38 PM »
I think it aged fine. On paper, this should've been a comfortable win for Marquette. Wojo has a lot of work to do to make this team a comfortable tournament team. I certainly don't see K-State, Wisconsin, or Buffalo as certain wins.

We'll see how the season goes, bit it's a bit dispiriting to see Mack get that roster to playing us dead even after a few months considering this is the team Wojo has been building for 5 years.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 08:34:53 PM »
Let's see where we stand after playing Kansas St., Wisconsin, and Buffalo.  Win 2 of 3 and we'll be in decent shape. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 08:36:47 PM »
I think it aged fine. On paper, this should've been a comfortable win for Marquette. Wojo has a lot of work to do to make this team a comfortable tournament team. I certainly don't see K-State, Wisconsin, or Buffalo as certain wins.

We'll see how the season goes, bit it's a bit dispiriting to see Mack get that roster to playing us dead even after a few months considering this is the team Wojo has been building for 5 years.
I am happy with the win. Will take it any way we can get it.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
Man what a joyless bunch this group can be.  Enjoy the come from behind win.  Some good stuff happened tonight.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »

Louisville will win some games in the ACC this year that will make people say wow. Quickness and size.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 08:46:06 PM »
Louisville will win some games in the ACC this year that will make people say wow. Quickness and size.
At this point going forward we want Louisville to win every game they play. Except to Seton Hall.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
  He has not yet made any of his team more than the sum of their parts.   Using tonight as an example of the team being 'soft' is just plain wrong. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »

MU was favored by 3.5 and won by 3. A game decided by less than 5 is not a comfortable win and can easily go either way. In addition on paper Louisville is a better team. Not because of Mack but what he had in the program. He has one freshman on the roster. Last year UL was 9-9 in a dominant ACC and had the No 7 recruiting class going into that year. The one freshman didn’t play while Pitino’s recruits showed up.  Mack walked into a solid team.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »

No it was not supposed to be....
Goal is National Championship

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 09:12:18 PM »
Louisville missed an easy put-back to end the game prior to overtime. There are certainly other shots that can be singled out, but I'll bet 4/5 times the game doesn't go to overtime.

I'm just not feeling thrilled about this season. I'm not feeling thrilled about the progress. We look mediocre, and we make a lot of unforced errors and turnovers. Perhaps I just don't enjoy this brand of basketball, or perhaps I would prefer a high-flying, athletic group, even if the results are essentially the same as this team. I suppose that's my own bias.

It's easier to terminate an employee who blatantly disregards company policy. It is harder to terminate the punctual everyday-er who produces mediocre results. At this point, I actually want Wojo to just flame out so we can move on, because I have already decided he will not bring our program to the next tier. He is a placeholder and nothing more.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 09:12:47 PM »
MU was favored by 3.5 and won by 3. A game decided by less than 5 is not a comfortable win and can easily go either way. In addition on paper Louisville is a better team. Not because of Mack but what he had in the program. He has one freshman on the roster. Last year UL was 9-9 in a dominant ACC and had the No 7 recruiting class going into that year. The one freshman didn’t play while Pitino’s recruits showed up.  Mack walked into a solid team.

MU was supposed to lose to Kansas by 8.5, lost by nine and Hiroshima.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:43 PM »
So much illogical BS being posted
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:31 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
So much illogical BS being posted
Entitled.    What is an MU fan actually entitled to?   

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »

This is a surprisingly poor post from you.

Since when is being favored by 3.5 supposed to equate to a comfortable win? 

From a talent standpoint, Louisville is at least our equal.

Why on earth do you think K State (#17 Ken Pom), Wisconsin (#12), and Buffalo (#43) should be "certain wins"?  That's wishful thinking at best.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
I wonder if Wojo can actually feel the building pressure? What kind of a delay exists between the moment it becomes so obvious to us and when it becomes obvious to him?

I get the sense he isn't the reflective type. He seems kind of dumb, actually. I think it will be a surprise when he gets the axe.

So now he’s dumb?
Please never post again.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 09:31:19 PM »
Lol. Team may be soft, but certainly not as soft as some posters.

Embarrassing.

Really nice grind to come back and win a very important game.

And yes 5 years is enough. Let’s see how year 5 goes.

Or write off year 5 after starting 4-2 through 6 games when any sane person would have MU At 4-2 6 games in.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

nyg

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »
This is a surprisingly poor post from you.

Since when is being favored by 3.5 supposed to equate to a comfortable win? 

From a talent standpoint, Louisville is at least our equal.

Why on earth do you think K State (#17 Ken Pom), Wisconsin (#12), and Buffalo (#43) should be "certain wins"?  That's wishful thinking at best.

Uh, I believe Brew stated he doesn't see them as certain wins. May want to take that back.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »
Uh, I believe Brew stated he doesn't see them as certain wins. May want to take that back.
Uh, I understood what he said. Why would/should they be certain wins?