Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coach Buzz Williams tweet yesterday  (Read 11706 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Coach Buzz Williams tweet yesterday
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2018, 09:00:52 PM »
What is?

"Took what he wanted". LOL. Wanted Shayok and Hill. Got Hill, lost Shayok to Virginia. Took big man, low ranked, project Pierce because he needed a body. Wojo retained top 100 Sandy Cohen, 2nd highest rated recruit in the class.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2018, 09:09:41 PM »
Geez, everybody wanted Buzz gone because he recruited the wrong type of players, i.e., junior college folks.  Not the traditional kid out of HS.  That he didn't portray the type of coach to represent MU.  Now everyone wishes him back.  Pathetic. 

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »
Geez, everybody CHICOS wanted Buzz gone because he recruited the wrong type of players, i.e., junior college folks.  Not the traditional kid out of HS.  That he didn't portray the type of coach to represent MU.  Now everyone wishes him back.  Pathetic.

Fixed.

Perhaps some of the self-righteous and uber P.C. among our fanbase wanted Buzz gone, but that was a very small group as I recall.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 09:17:45 PM by Floorslapper »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2018, 11:15:21 PM »
Fixed.

Perhaps some of the self-righteous and uber P.C. among our fanbase wanted Buzz gone, but that was a very small group as I recall.

Does that guy secretly fund the program and pull all the strings?

If my memory is correct, didn't Coach Williams say the Big East was in trouble?  Would not be as quality a conference as he wanted without football?  Did he not also get in trouble with the administration for some bad publicity from some of his players, and separately his coaches violating some NCAA rules? 

Are you the new Chicos character as you want Wojo gone?  Do you have the same pull as him so it can happen?

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2018, 12:10:46 AM »
Does that guy secretly fund the program and pull all the strings?

If my memory is correct, didn't Coach Williams say the Big East was in trouble?  Would not be as quality a conference as he wanted without football?  Did he not also get in trouble with the administration for some bad publicity from some of his players, and separately his coaches violating some NCAA rules? 

Are you the new Chicos character as you want Wojo gone?  Do you have the same pull as him so it can happen?

Cheekz, you’re going to have a painfully busy winter defending Wojo—it seems you’ve already spent a lot of your Thanksgiving on here. 

But I love you’re still promising us a good Buzz scandal. In the meantime, he’ll keep taking his #13 team in the country to the NCAAs and beating the best teams in the ACC along the way.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2018, 01:39:35 AM »
I think Chicos is going off his meds.
Like in the movie “A Beautiful Mind”, but infinitely less intelligent.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:41:13 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2018, 02:13:53 AM »
All things being equal, I wish we didn’t mess with happy.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2018, 04:26:54 AM »

I’m fairly confident Buzz can create a slight out of thin air. No amount of capitulation will keep him around at any job long term.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »
Are we really arguing about buzz doing good? Seriously this is as dumb as your roids argument.

The man took a school that gave zero craps about basketball, from the basement of the acc and made them competitive. He is doin a great job, there is no argument.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2018, 09:07:52 AM »
Are we really arguing about buzz doing good? Seriously this is as dumb as your roids argument.

The man took a school that gave zero craps about basketball, from the basement of the acc and made them competitive. He is doin a great job, there is no argument.

Well kind of.  Va Tech had middling success under Seth Greenburg with a bunch of middle of the pack and NIT births just a few years before Buzz.  It has always been a well funded athletic program.

He has done a very good job there.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2018, 09:10:47 AM »

As one of poster here whose opinion I value so eloquently said, he'd  rather have Buzz as our coach, with his baggage, than Wojo. At least 10,000 students benefitted from the basketball program's success.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:53 AM »

The problem is that sometimes happy needs to be messed with.  And Buzz made some mistakes that required correction.  In retrospect it was clearly an overreaction.

But let's not act like Buzz was a victim here.  Don't fall for that act.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2018, 09:17:25 AM »
But let's not act like Buzz was a victim here.  Don't fall for that act.

I don’t know if we (fan base) are the victim —but we definitely have been impacted.  Boy that whole thing was handled terribly. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2018, 09:20:38 AM »

If my memory is correct, didn't Coach Williams say the Big East was in trouble?

I think he said it wouldn't be the same (it isn't). We're in year 5 (takes 5 to judge, doncha know?) - will we look more like the A10 or the ACC this year?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2018, 09:41:01 AM »
BE dis season looks more like da Sun Belt Conf., hey?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:50:15 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2018, 09:46:43 AM »
Buzz was right on BE, just a few years early on his prediction

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2018, 09:49:25 AM »
Lol. Jesus there are some chicken littles. How long have people been sitting on their hands waiting for the BE to be down for a single season just to say, “Buzz was right?!”

We’re 6 months removed from 20% of our conference having been a 1 seed. But yeah, we’re the A10 and the Sun Belt and Buzz nailed it, just got out before it turned into that.

Sheesh.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2018, 09:50:53 AM »
Buzz was right on BE, just a few years early on his prediction

Seriously Goose... a handful of games into the first meh season after two national championships, and a couple more small runs from other teams and you're ready to say this is going to be a mid major league moving forward? I get you've always been a bit of a non believer in it but surely an intelligent and rational individual such as yourself must realise that that's a bit of an early conclusion.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2018, 09:53:00 AM »
BE dis season looks more like da Sun Belt Conf., hey?

I believe we're .500 or so against power conferences so far maybe sit back, have a scotch and relax a bit.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2018, 09:55:17 AM »
Seriously Goose... a handful of games into the first meh season after two national championships, and a couple more small runs from other teams and you're ready to say this is going to be a mid major league moving forward? I get you've always been a bit of a non believer in it but surely an intelligent and rational individual such as yourself must realise that that's a bit of an early conclusion.

Yep, I was a fan of Buzz but he was wrong about the Big East. Nonetheless, it’s simply a fact that he’s been doing more with less, at a worse program. It provides a sharp contrast between good coaching and below-average coaching.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2018, 09:59:37 AM »
Yep, I was a fan of Buzz but he was wrong about the Big East. Nonetheless, it’s simply a fact that he’s been doing more with less, at a worse program. It provides a sharp contrast between good coaching and below-average coaching.

Not arguing that. But a handful of games into the BE season, during a year we as a conference expected to be down we're sitting 8-8 with the other power conferences.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
Serious question Fo, and I haven't read all of your comments on various threads so maybe you've already addressed it. But, what's your make or break point, this season, as it relates to Wojo and his success or lack thereof. Or maybe you don't have one and feel he needs more time 
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »
Serious question Fo, and I haven't read all of your comments on various threads so maybe you've already addressed it. But, what's your make or break point, this season, as it relates to Wojo and his success or lack thereof. Or maybe you don't have one and feel he needs more time

Not making the NCAA a tournament would be the break point.

Squeaking in as a 10 or worse seed would be a big cause for concern.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2018, 10:11:52 AM »
Not making the NCAA a tournament would be the break point.

Squeaking in as a 10 or worse seed would be a big cause for concern.

Not making the NCAA is it for me.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2018, 11:22:06 AM »
Needs to have winning record in conference .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

feedback