[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How Many Times  (Read 8476 times)

wadesworld

• All American
How Many Times
« on: November 21, 2018, 08:11:09 PM »
Is one of the Hausers going to be sitting on the wing wide open waving for the ball while Markus continues to dribble with his head down and 2+ defenders completely swarming him?

Painful to watch 4 guys play as a team and one hunt his shot no matter what. I’d guess about 40% of his passes come when he’s jumping and realizes it’s impossible to get his shot off so he has to throw a last second pass out of a shot.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Floorslapper

• All American
Re: How Many Times
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 08:22:39 PM »
Well, you have to remember the reality of how he's been coached:

Wojo has pounded it into Markus's head that he has the "ultimate green light."  "We need you to shoot a lot.  Keep shooting."

A kernel of truth in that but saying a guy has the "ultimate green light," is taking it too far.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 08:27:01 PM »

Wojo has pounded it into Markus's head that he has the "ultimate green light."  "We need you to shoot a lot.  Keep shooting."

A kernel of truth in that but saying a guy has the "ultimate green light," is taking it too far.

Markus should have the ultimate green light. I don’t think Wojo has coached Markus to dribble with his head to his feet. But you may be right, you played at a higher level than me so what do I know?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »
Is one of the Hausers going to be sitting on the wing wide open waving for the ball while Markus continues to dribble with his head down and 2+ defenders completely swarming him?

Painful to watch 4 guys play as a team and one hunt his shot no matter what. I’d guess about 40% of his passes come when he’s jumping and realizes it’s impossible to get his shot off so he has to throw a last second pass out of a shot.

+10000000

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:53 PM »
Was there any offense actually run? It seems like we run the weave at the top of the arc until we get a mid match for Markus, and then let him play 1 - 5.

#wojoCantCoach
#WojoCanOnlyWinWithBurgerBoys

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 08:30:40 PM »
The clanked bunnies were more infuriating to me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 08:35:50 PM »

Dribbling with head up is a much overlooked skill set.  Wish Markus could learn to play that way.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 08:41:41 PM »
Dribbling with head up is a much overlooked skill set.  Wish Markus could learn to play that way.
Was hoping the Chris Paul camp would help.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »
Markus: 6/23, 26% (lol). Rest of the team: 19/37, 51% (pass the ****** ball Markus). Thought this would’ve been clear after the Indiana game but clearly Markus is just really selfish, is literally told by Wojo to keep shooting, or has no confidence at all in his other teammates. Probably a combo of those 3. As soon as he made that last 3 that he did I knew the game was over because I knew that meant he would take another 4-5 shots that he would miss (which he did). Quit it with the hero ball and look for your teammates.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 08:54:26 PM »

Time for Wojo to make an adjustment on that approach. This was a great effort by MU with Mr. Hero, for whatever reason, driving into a crowd with no options and looses the ball or takes a bad shot. 6 of 23 is not acceptable.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 09:15:52 PM »
Markus: 6/23, 26% (lol). Rest of the team: 19/37, 51% (pass the ****** ball Markus). Thought this would’ve been clear after the Indiana game but clearly Markus is just really selfish, is literally told by Wojo to keep shooting, or has no confidence at all in his other teammates. Probably a combo of those 3. As soon as he made that last 3 that he did I knew the game was over because I knew that meant he would take another 4-5 shots that he would miss (which he did). Quit it with the hero ball and look for your teammates.

Why would he have no confidence at all in his other teammates? Bailey, I get. Not in the Hausers.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 09:17:19 PM »
Was there any offense actually run? It seems like we run the weave at the top of the arc until we get a mid match for Markus, and then let him play 1 - 5.

#wojoCantCoach
#WojoCanOnlyWinWithBurgerBoys

Yes they run a motion offense. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 09:24:09 PM »
Wojo's leash with Rowsey was significantly shorter and I'm not quite sure why.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 10:15:21 PM »
Markus will be in the league.  The G League and you’ll all be singing a different tune.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
Markus will be in the league.  The G League and you’ll all be singing a different tune.

#GLeagueMe

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 10:21:10 PM »

Yes they run a motion offense.

I'm no expert. But i thought Motion offense was supposed to be used to exploit a teams quickness? last time a checked we don't have a single player that is quick lateral movement on this team.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 11:55:17 PM »
6-23, how many of his shots were blocked? He's been very disappointing so far this year.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 11:58:25 PM »
Wojo's leash with Rowsey was significantly shorter and I'm not quite sure why.

Never understood Wojo's hatred of Rowsey. It took a screaming Diener to give Rowsey a shot at all for minutes. Then became the best player, and had the shortest leash possible.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »
So frustrating and yet so predictable. I don't know if he gets away with this because of the "ultimate green light" or because there aren't other upperclassmen or team leaders to get make him change his bad habits. Probably a little bit of both.

Some of this has to fall to Wojo, and some has to fall to Markus. Both need to watch tonight's tape and come to the conclusion that we play pretty darn well as a team, and we don't need Markus to score 40 for us to win. Let's hope they realize this before the end of the week.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 12:14:53 AM »
So frustrating and yet so predictable. I don't know if he gets away with this because of the "ultimate green light" or because there aren't other upperclassmen or team leaders to get make him change his bad habits. Probably a little bit of both.

Some of this has to fall to Wojo, and some has to fall to Markus. Both need to watch tonight's tape and come to the conclusion that we play pretty darn well as a team, and we don't need Markus to score 40 for us to win. Let's hope they realize this before the end of the week.

How did Wojo not realize this after the Indiana game? It looked like he told Markus not to shoot as much in the Pres. game clearly, but I’m not sure if the slow start in that game scared Wojo and he told Markus to start shooting again or what because that was a carbon copy of the Indiana game. Markus taking terrible shot after terrible shot. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on some of the drives where he got hacked but still. You would think Wojo would be able to figure things like this out by now.. team plays way better when guys like Sam are getting easy 3s due to good passing. Markus rarely if ever looks to pass. Hero ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 06:36:06 AM »
I'm no expert. But i thought Motion offense was supposed to be used to exploit a teams quickness? last time a checked we don't have a single player that is quick lateral movement on this team.

No a motion offense is simply an offense with continuous motion. 

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 06:40:42 AM »
Markus should have the ultimate green light. I don’t think Wojo has coached Markus to dribble with his head to his feet. But you may be right, you played at a higher level than me so what do I know?

Disagree with this.  Nobody should have the ultimate green light.  Markus is not a particularly good shooter when he is not squared up or with a hand in his face.  Who is?  He should avoid taking those shots unless we are in shot clock trouble.  When things go south with this team, our instincts on offense are to play hero ball.  When things are not going well, that is the most important time to share the ball and keep it moving.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 07:52:51 AM »
The problem is bigger than Markus.  When we hit a cold spell and the lead dwindles it seems everyone on the team starts to want to play hero ball instead of team ball.  Lets panic and jack up a shot.  That seems to be the mentality of the entire team (Sacar, Jamal, Joe C, Markus, Theo, etc., etc.).  Until that stops, expect more events to unfold like we saw last night.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 07:53:23 AM »
How would u guys say howard compares to some of our better pg’s from the 90s and 00s.   

I see his raw talent and shot but as a real pg i think hes seriously lacking

Im almost wishing we had henry or hutch again instead.  Certainly diener

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 08:00:33 AM »
Howard has been terrible, so disappointing.  Is this how he thinks he is going to make it to the NBA?  He scores 20 and gives the other teams 30.  The offense is terrible, no post up game, no inside out game, this in year 5?? 

feedback