[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bradley Center Carcass pic  (Read 27792 times)

avid1010

• All American
Re: Bradley Center Carcass pic
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2018, 01:14:35 PM »
while far from a great arena...many great memories.  i'm 35...season tickets have been in the family my entire life...i'm sure my memory isn't perfect...but many great badger games (wade's dominance being the one i remember best).  watching mu students/fans follow badger fans around the BC chanting "a$$ wholes".  i was pretty young at the time, but i remember standing for nearly the entire game when we beat memphis state...i believe they were ranked 1 or 2...had lorenzen wright at the time?  watching larry hughes torch us as a freshman.  mu beating uconn off a huge game from novak as we entered the beast.  the nice old couple that had season tickets next to us and would bring treats for me to eat.  freeway talking smack.  watching some amazing cincy teams...while watching huggins lose his sh!t.  jingling my parents keys when damon keys would shoot free-throws.  always grabbing the 10 jersey on my basketball teams because i wanted to be tony miller.  trying to comprehend at a young age what mike deane was all about.  bo ellis letting me be ball-boy.  mu basketball at the bc was as important as anything to me as a kid.  so many great memories.   

not mu related but bc related...watching harold "baby jordan" miner take on jon barry. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2018, 01:20:46 PM »
Best part of da BC wuz wee shared it wit da Bucks. Wurtz part of da BC wuz wee shared it wit da Bucks, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2018, 01:49:11 PM »

The concourses at the Forum look cheap. At the BC, the concourses May have been a bit dated but they didn’t look cheap.

Interesting.

I did like the Bradley Center. Yet, it was cold. No color. The Fiserv Forum has style. I really like the upper deck concourse better than the lower at FF.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »
Interesting.

I did like the Bradley Center. Yet, it was cold. No color. The Fiserv Forum has style. I really like the upper deck concourse better than the lower at FF.

I think the upper deck concourse is nice in the FF. A lot better than at the BC.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2018, 01:57:05 PM »
I think the upper deck concourse is nice in the FF. A lot better than at the BC.
That Jack Daniels area behind the basket on the Westside is neat. The black floor and nightclub style lights gives it class. Panaroma Club is outstanding! Southside market is a cool feature to local restaurants. Any where you walk your not shut off from the sound or at times view of the action.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2018, 02:08:44 PM »
Or Freedom Hall.

The biggest negative of the BC was the number of seats in the upper bowl, though that design was probably due to wanting the suites as close to the action as possible.  It was such a different atmosphere down below and when Crean got GA the atmosphere changed.  I'll never forget the electricity in the building for the 2002 Cincy game (11 am tip-off), and the Louisville game later that year (national TV, Dicky V in the house). Novak's shot to beat ND in 2005, the entire 2003 season. Even when we weren't that good the place came alive - St. Bonaventure NIT game in 1995, #4 Iowa State in 1996, top 10 Memphis in 1996 when Amal schooled Lorenzen Wright, Al's Night in 1997 against ND.

It may not have been perfect, but it was our place. So many great memories there, I'll miss it.

And not a single Buzz game mentioned.  That’s how you know this is Chicos.

As an aside, anyone remember the dudes who dressed in gorilla suits for that ‘96 Memphis game?  Mike Deane said he’d pick up their dry cleaning bill on the postgame show.  Good times.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2018, 03:42:17 PM »
Great memories, all if them, unfortunately they dont make a bad design into a good one.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2018, 03:55:35 PM »
Be thankful for what we had,  what other options were there? Panther Arena?

The place rocked when I went to MU and visiting teams did not like to play in front of 8-9000 fans which back then was a large crowd.

Panther Arena= MECCA/Milwaukee Arena
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:01:55 PM by muwarrior69 »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »

As an aside, anyone remember the dudes who dressed in gorilla suits for that ‘96 Memphis game?  Mike Deane said he’d pick up their dry cleaning bill on the postgame show.  Good times.

I came back here last week, but will keep appearance limited.  Billy Hoyle isn't me and I'm not him.  Or the other nonsense accusations here.  Buzz is Buzz.  A very good coach.  There were some amazing players and teams under his direction.  There were other issues that I didn't care for nor did others. He moved on, so have I.

Back to your accusation, I would actually push back on Mr. Hoyle's remarks about GA (assuming he meant General Admission for students) since I was the Asst AD of Marketing at the time and worked for over a year to get GA instituted before Crean was even hired.  I had to work with multiple university departments, Dean of Student Life, Student Affairs, ultimately had to get buyoff from Father Leahy.  Also worked with students to get their buy in, including the Student Athletic Board we started...some of which post here  (The Lens and others).  GA was in the works LONG before TC, and took a ton of convincing of many people through hard work to get it across the finish line.  A great success in my opinion as it is still being done today. 

Separately I had advocated for students in the lower section on both sides of the basket, too.  That was shot down due to financials not supporting the move, but I see Marquette is doing it now some 20 years later.  Some ideas are head of their time.....  ;)
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
Swung by the ticket office at the FF and walked past. Could see into the east atrium and saw clear through to the west side of the arena, as they're taking out the lower bowl.

Saw a couple of people going to that door on State to take pics. I'm a little surprised more haven't snuck in.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 04:48:09 AM »

Mike Deane used to toss around $100 bills for anyone who wanted to host a party on campus.  The fact we don’t have a MIKE patch on our uniform is ridiculous.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2018, 04:51:01 AM »
I came back here last week, but will keep appearance limited.  Billy Hoyle isn't me and I'm not him.  Or the other nonsense accusations here.  Buzz is Buzz.  A very good coach.  There were some amazing players and teams under his direction.  There were other issues that I didn't care for nor did others. He moved on, so have I.

Back to your accusation, I would actually push back on Mr. Hoyle's remarks about GA (assuming he meant General Admission for students) since I was the Asst AD of Marketing at the time and worked for over a year to get GA instituted before Crean was even hired.  I had to work with multiple university departments, Dean of Student Life, Student Affairs, ultimately had to get buyoff from Father Leahy.  Also worked with students to get their buy in, including the Student Athletic Board we started...some of which post here  (The Lens and others).  GA was in the works LONG before TC, and took a ton of convincing of many people through hard work to get it across the finish line.  A great success in my opinion as it is still being done today. 

Separately I had advocated for students in the lower section on both sides of the basket, too.  That was shot down due to financials not supporting the move, but I see Marquette is doing it now some 20 years later.  Some ideas are head of their time.....  ;)

💛💙
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2018, 08:19:51 AM »
I wonder why you were not able to convince others to move forward with your "innovative" idea...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2018, 08:58:53 AM »
Anybody notice that Cheeks showed up and posted once or twice a day for a week and a half, and then on 11/27 Cheeks went full on Chicos?  Guess who has gone missing since 11/27?

That's right, the Cubs fan himself, warriordad!  Hmm...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2018, 11:05:20 AM »
Anybody notice that Cheeks showed up and posted once or twice a day for a week and a half, and then on 11/27 Cheeks went full on Chicos?  Guess who has gone missing since 11/27?

Must have gotten stranded at the beer summit

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »
Must have gotten stranded at the beer summit
What beer summit?
Goal is National Championship

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2019, 09:28:27 AM »

I love how by the scoop Illuminati count, there's at least three different Chicos accounts active in this thread alone. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2019, 11:48:39 AM »

I moved away from Milwaukee and did not see any home games during that era. Some road games and BE Tourney games. I simply chose not to attend any Buzz home games and spend significant amounts of money on travel to support him and what he was doing to the program's reputation.

And sorry to disappoint, but I'm not that self-promoting loon Chicos. Just an alumnus and fan.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »
I moved away from Milwaukee and did not see any home games during that era. Some road games and BE Tourney games. I simply chose not to attend any Buzz home games and spend significant amounts of money on travel to support him and what he was doing to the program's reputation.

And sorry to disappoint, but I'm not that self-promoting loon Chicos. Just an alumnus and fan.

Oh stop, you know you are me, and I am you...and others are both of us.  Don’t let the experts down!!!

Now if we can just get Dad in here in the next few minutes....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2019, 12:08:09 PM »
Maybe WarriorDad simply is so intimidated by the mere presence of chicos that he stopped posting a dozen or more times per day, as he had been before Cheeks showed up.

Ah ... Scoop fun!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2019, 12:27:29 PM »
Maybe WarriorDad simply is so intimidated by the mere presence of chicos that he stopped posting a dozen or more times per day, as he had been before Cheeks showed up.

Ah ... Scoop fun!

That definitely must be it.

Now hang on while I switch to my Rocket account and then back to Billy Hoyle...and later to my Pakuni account

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2019, 01:43:38 PM »
That definitely must be it.

Now hang on while I switch to my Rocket account and then back to Billy Hoyle...and later to my Pakuni account

Edit: removed for not being observant
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:05:06 PM by g0lden3agle »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2019, 03:47:43 PM »
Edit: removed for not being observant

Don’t remove it, you had this whole thing nailed....the whole charade.  Wait until they find out that 4ever and me are the same dude.... aaaina!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »
Well, I have spent tyme in California, hey?😳
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback