[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Some ranked teams didn't dodge the upset  (Read 49392 times)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: Some ranked teams didn't dodge the upset
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:08 PM »
The fan base I miss least after the shakeup. The arrogance and general attitude of their fan base was horrible. And Boeheim is an assclown

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
The fan base I miss least after the shakeup. The arrogance and general attitude of their fan base was horrible. And Boeheim is an assclown

As much as I love the general comraderie with the current Big East, I do miss just really hating Cuse and Louisville

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
Boeheim was so excited by the win, he pissed himself.

Also, Syracuse beat Duke, Buffalo beat Syracuse, MU beat Buffalo ... so MU the new #1?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2019, 10:59:11 AM »
Boeheim was so excited by the win, he pissed himself.

Also, Syracuse beat Duke, Buffalo beat Syracuse, MU beat Buffalo ... so MU the new #1?

I hate boeheim but the dude has/had prostate cancer.  Cant always control the flow, ya know.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »
I hate boeheim but the dude has/had prostate cancer.  Cant always control the flow, ya know.

Depends
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2019, 03:22:40 PM »
Reminds me of the old Bob Dole joke:

Boxers or briefs?
Depends...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »
#10 loses by 21 tonight
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2019, 09:32:47 AM »
Buffalo, Auburn, Texas Tech, Mississippi State, Mississippi all went down last night.  Michigan barely survived.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »
Tennessee got so lucky Vanderbilt p*ssed themselves in the last minute and a half of regulation and then couldn't hit a clutch free throw to save their life
Maigh Eo for Sam

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2019, 08:43:32 PM »
Tennessee got so lucky Vanderbilt p*ssed themselves in the last minute and a half of regulation and then couldn't hit a clutch free throw to save their life

Heard they benefited from a flagarant as well

Not sure if it was a good or bad call
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2019, 08:44:15 PM »

Williams harnessing his inner Markus. 43 points and 23/23 from the line.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2019, 10:35:01 PM »
Not an upset (at least not yet), but I've watched the better parts of Nevada conference games and I just don't see it. Best wins are Utah St and ASU.

Struggles with Air Force and currently sloppy against Colorado State, both games at home.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #288 on: January 24, 2019, 07:20:51 AM »
Not an upset (at least not yet), but I've watched the better parts of Nevada conference games and I just don't see it. Best wins are Utah St and ASU.

Struggles with Air Force and currently sloppy against Colorado State, both games at home.

They remind me alot of New Mexico from 2011 or 10. Whenever we lost to Washington in the tournament. Everybody new that they were so over ranked with a 3 seed and that they would get upset in the second round. Well that happened by Washington. They might be protected with a 3-4 seed come tournament time but eventually you play a team that belongs and there season will end the first weekend.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #289 on: January 24, 2019, 08:46:51 AM »
They remind me alot of New Mexico from 2011 or 10. Whenever we lost to Washington in the tournament. Everybody new that they were so over ranked with a 3 seed and that they would get upset in the second round. Well that happened by Washington. They might be protected with a 3-4 seed come tournament time but eventually you play a team that belongs and there season will end the first weekend.

I remember being so disappointed with the loss because of that exact thing. We would have had a clear path to the S16 playing the winner of New Mexico/Montana. Pac12 teams knocked us out with buzzer beaters 2 out of 3 years... Theo would have blocked both of them!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »
I remember being so disappointed with the loss because of that exact thing. We would have had a clear path to the S16 playing the winner of New Mexico/Montana. Pac12 teams knocked us out with buzzer beaters 2 out of 3 years... Theo would have blocked both of them!

I remember wanting us to have a second crack at WVU so bad after that Ebanks buzzer beater and it was pretty clear that if we get over Washington we get that. Of every tournament loss I've been a fan of us for that might be the most painful one... mostly because Missouri was our own fault.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »
I remember wanting us to have a second crack at WVU so bad after that Ebanks buzzer beater and it was pretty clear that if we get over Washington we get that. Of every tournament loss I've been a fan of us for that might be the most painful one... mostly because Missouri was our own fault.

Think it was Desean Butler, but same exact thought.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »
Think it was Desean Butler, but same exact thought.

You're right my bad.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
No. 21 NC State actually did dodge the upset at home against Clemson, but needed to rally from 6 down with 35 seconds left to do it.

Clemson helped NC State rally when leading scorer Marcquise Reed missed 4 straight FTs.

It's comforting to know that kind of thing is unlikely to happen with our leading scorer (or No. 2 scorer or No. 3 scorer) on the line.

BTW, the winning 3-pointer was made by Braxton Beverly, the kid who enrolled early at Ohio State to start schoolwork but then decided to transfer to NC State after OSU canned Thad Matta. The NCAA initially said Beverly would have to sit out a year but after much protest common sense prevailed and he was allowed to play immediately at NC State.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
BTW, the winning 3-pointer was made by Braxton Beverly, the kid who enrolled early at Ohio State to start schoolwork but then decided to transfer to NC State after OSU canned Thad Matta. The NCAA initially said Beverly would have to sit out a year but after much protest common sense prevailed and he was allowed to play immediately at NC State.

He also committed to Miami(OH) then ditched them during the summer before he enrolled cause he had a good senior year so then went to prep school before settling on OSU. Clearly a good player but was al over the place and rubbed some people the wrong way

#7 Purdue beat #6 MSU. Oh wait that’s unranked Purdue who is just another slow tempo darling ridiculously overrated by KenPom

MU82

• All American
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2019, 07:03:00 PM »
He also committed to Miami(OH) then ditched them during the summer before he enrolled cause he had a good senior year so then went to prep school before settling on OSU. Clearly a good player but was al over the place and rubbed some people the wrong way

That he rubbed some people the wrong way was no reason to deny his request, so I'm glad the NCAA didn't. I'm glad he was a case of an athlete who actually was given a little freedom. I've noticed a few others the last couple of years. It's a positive turn IMHO, but still too rare.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2019, 07:16:20 PM »
I don’t disagree at all. Just acknowledging all the variables in his situation

MU82

• All American
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2019, 12:01:48 AM »
I don’t disagree at all. Just acknowledging all the variables in his situation

Appreciate your insight.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2019, 09:35:28 PM »
Wild ending to tonight's Virginia-NC State game. NC State threw up a desperation 3 ... and Va fouled on the play. So the guy goes to the FT line with 0.9 left with a chance to tie the game ... but he missed the first. After making the second, it looked like he was trying to miss the third on purpose but accidentally made it. Va held on to win by 1 because they didn't do what Creighton did against us.

Meanwhile, the Fightin' Shakas might have saved their season by beating Kansas. The game was in Austin and Kansas was without its best player, but still a meaningful win for a Texas team that already has 9 losses, including several to teams that would have had Scoopers screaming, "Fire Shaka!" if he were here.