[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL 2018-19 2.0  (Read 131985 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: NFL 2018-19 2.0
« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »
Surprising to see it on NBC as well.

Chargers should be pissed. That Chargers/Ravens game was going to be on Sunday, I can’t believe they are playing that game early.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #426 on: December 30, 2018, 08:23:27 PM »
Or maybe the point is that not putting away opponents when you can, especially when you have already played them twice, can have bad consequences.

That being said, this Vikings team was nowhere near the caliber of the 2010 Packer team.

Somebody gets it.

Others are triggered.

But yes the Vikings do not have an all time great QB playing at his best. But you just never know. I’m of the opinion that you never, ever lay down for a team because you think it gives you a more favorable matchup. You’re the higher seed for a reason, I’d much rather go into the Playoffs hot than thinking I got a better matchup.

But maybe I’m just a dick.  :)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #427 on: December 30, 2018, 08:24:55 PM »
Wild Card Schedule:

Saturday:
3:35p CT: Colts/Titans at Texans (ESPN/ABC)
7:15p CT: Seahawks at Cowboys (FOX)

Sunday
12:05p CT: Chargers at Ravens (CBS)
3:40p CT: Eagles at Bears (NBC)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #428 on: December 30, 2018, 08:27:49 PM »
Vikings missed Fg’s in week 2.....

#FGsNoMatta

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #429 on: December 30, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »
Chargers should be pissed. That Chargers/Ravens game was going to be on Sunday, I can’t believe they are playing that game early.

I went to the Chargers Ravens game here last week...if LA hadn’t laid such an egg they wouldn’t be in this situation.

Pats or Ravens in SB

Hope not true, but every SB I have been fortunate to attend but one had one of those two AFC teams and I’m guessing the same again...don’t trust KC to get there.  Chargers are a mess.  Would love it if Indy did as Luck is one of our guy and a great dude, but don’t see it. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #430 on: December 30, 2018, 08:42:32 PM »
Somebody gets it.

Others are triggered.

But yes the Vikings do not have an all time great QB playing at his best. But you just never know. I’m of the opinion that you never, ever lay down for a team because you think it gives you a more favorable matchup. You’re the higher seed for a reason, I’d much rather go into the Playoffs hot than thinking I got a better matchup.

But maybe I’m just a dick.  :)

The way the Vikings played,  I'm confident the Bears' backups would have won anyway.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #431 on: December 30, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »

West Coast wild cards have played early before.  Seattle won at Minnesota a couple years ago.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2018, 09:20:37 PM »
I give the Bears all the credit in the world.

When the Rams went to halftime leading the 49ers 18 gazillion to nothing, they could have come out in the second half, pulled the starting offense and gotten ready for next week.

Instead, the Bears respected their fans. They played to win. Sure, late in the 4th, the second string defense played (and distinguished themselves, I might add). But it was clear this was not a lay-down. The Bears gave their fans a treat. They won and they played their best.

Thank you, Bears, for respecting those of us who watch you week in and week out.

I am not a Bears fan. Not even close. But I very much respected the way Nagy approached this game, and I think I would have done the same.

On a related note ...

I was surprised by Nagy's decision to go for 2 after TD that gave Bears 19-10 lead.

You get the PAT, you're up 10 and it takes a TD and FG to tie you; if you don't get the 2, a TD and FG beats you.

Plus, as we saw in the Panthers game a couple weeks ago, you get a 2-pt pass picked off and returned the other way, it's 2 points for your opponent and all of a sudden you're only up 7 and they get the ball. That's obviously unlikely to happen, but it still seemed a very curious decision to go for 2. The "chart" certainly doesn't support it there.

Maybe Nagy has that little confidence in his kicker (and seemingly for good reason). If you don't trust him to kick a PAT, he shouldn't be your kicker.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »
I am not a Bears fan. Not even close. But I very much respected the way Nagy approached this game, and I think I would have done the same.

On a related note ...

I was surprised by Nagy's decision to go for 2 after TD that gave Bears 19-10 lead.

You get the PAT, you're up 10 and it takes a TD and FG to tie you; if you don't get the 2, a TD and FG beats you.

Plus, as we saw in the Panthers game a couple weeks ago, you get a 2-pt pass picked off and returned the other way, it's 2 points for your opponent and all of a sudden you're only up 7 and they get the ball. That's obviously unlikely to happen, but it still seemed a very curious decision to go for 2. The "chart" certainly doesn't support it there.

Maybe Nagy has that little confidence in his kicker (and seemingly for good reason). If you don't trust him to kick a PAT, he shouldn't be your kicker.

One thing Aikman said was that it lessened the chance for a tie.  Which is interesting, but I don't know if that's what drove that decision.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #434 on: December 30, 2018, 09:25:24 PM »

One thing Aikman said was that it lessened the chance for a tie.  Which is interesting, but I don't know if that's what drove that decision.

I didn't hear Aikman say it; musta stepped out of the room.

I suppose that's true, but I still find it curious. I'd love to hear Nagy explain -- maybe he'll back up exactly what Aikman said.

Ends up being no big deal, anyway, as Bears got the 2 and the Vikings were in Full Choke Mode.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #435 on: December 30, 2018, 11:46:58 PM »

I suppose that's true, but I still find it curious. I'd love to hear Nagy explain -- maybe he'll back up exactly what Aikman said.

Ends up being no big deal, anyway, as Bears got the 2 and the Vikings were in Full Choke Mode.

Bears went for 2 a lot this season.  Just a part of his strategy.  Having a kicker that misses PATs is maybe a little extra motivation there as well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #436 on: December 31, 2018, 12:02:10 AM »
Bears went for 2 a lot this season.  Just a part of his strategy.  Having a kicker that misses PATs is maybe a little extra motivation there as well.

OK thanks, buck. I'm not a Bears fan and haven't followed them closely. Really impressed with what I saw today and obviously will be watching from here on out.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #437 on: December 31, 2018, 08:27:05 AM »
[/quote

Yea, Cody barely made his first and doinked his second PAT yesterday. I didn't think he would get another chance to kick.  I expect to see them going for two a lot more... 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

nyg

• All American
« Reply #438 on: December 31, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »
Coaches going down like flies.

Dolphins
Broncos
Bengals
Jets
Bucs
Packers
Browns

Probably Cardinals next, leaving Redskins only other possibility.

Thats 8 possible firings.  Anyone know what the record is for number of coaches fired in a year?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #439 on: December 31, 2018, 09:44:11 AM »
Raiders hiring of Mike Mayock as GM is interesting. Though more likely he's just going to be the guy who runs the draft.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #440 on: December 31, 2018, 09:49:48 AM »
Coaches going down like flies.

Dolphins
Broncos
Bengals
Jets
Bucs
Packers
Browns

Probably Cardinals next, leaving Redskins only other possibility.

Thats 8 possible firings.  Anyone know what the record is for number of coaches fired in a year?

There were seven new head coaches in 2016 and 2018. Eight in 2013 and 2011.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #441 on: December 31, 2018, 11:27:12 AM »
Rivera escaped the ax this time, but will be on the hot seat in 2019.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #442 on: December 31, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »

Did they choke or just get their asses kicked by a better team?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #443 on: January 01, 2019, 03:31:24 PM »
Did they choke or just get their asses kicked by a better team?

Can't both be true?

The Vikings are pretty bad if the Bears' second-string is better than they are.

Chokin' Cousins had several meltdowns on the sidelines, screaming at his receivers, pouting, throwing things. If Cam Newton had acted like that, there'd be calls to ban him from the NFL.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #444 on: January 01, 2019, 03:37:09 PM »
Can't both be true?

Chokin' Cousins had several meltdowns on the sidelines, screaming at his receivers, pouting, throwing things. If Cam Newton had acted like that, there'd be calls to ban him from the NFL.

#facepalm

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #445 on: January 01, 2019, 03:47:23 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #446 on: January 01, 2019, 03:59:37 PM »
Can't both be true?

No biggie, doe. Adidas could always higher his heine, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »

No biggie, doe. Adidas could always higher his heine, hey?

Huh?

GB Warrior

• All American

tower912

• All American
« Reply #449 on: January 01, 2019, 05:07:15 PM »
Had to happen.  Offenses don't get to regress that much without consequences.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback