[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL 2018-19 2.0  (Read 131898 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: NFL 2018-19 2.0
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
I still haven't been able to decide if cam is hurt or bad

He's absolutely hurt.  Not that he was playing well regardless, but his shoulder was clearly not right when you look at how labored he looked with a lot of his throws.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2018, 10:45:42 AM »
He's absolutely hurt.  Not that he was playing well regardless, but his shoulder was clearly not right when you look at how labored he looked with a lot of his throws.

He’s for sure hurt, but he also exasperated things with his poor blitz pick up decisions and reads. His decision making last night was no bueno.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »
He’s for sure hurt, but he also exasperated things with his poor blitz pick up decisions and reads. His decision making last night was no bueno.

100%. I like Cam, but he seems to get frustrated quickly and then things fall apart. Last night was a prime example

MU82

• All American
« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
I still haven't been able to decide if cam is hurt or bad

He was playing as well as almost any QB in the league through the first half of the season. He has trouble throwing the ball 15 yards now. Totally gutting it out.

I did not sense that he was any more frustrated than Rodgers or Brady or other fine QBs when their teammates aren't doing their jobs.

But I definitely will agree that he made a couple of poor decisions in this game. Of course, so did Brees, who was picked twice and could have been intercepted 3 or 4 more times.

Rivera's clock-management sucked, too. The Panthers have a terrible 2-minute drill all season. Some is on Cam, some is probably on other offensive players. Some might be on Norv Turner. But it's Rivera's team.

For a Panthers fan like me, this season was a shame, because I really thought we had the talent to make some noise. Future looks kind of murky.

On another subject ...

Saints suddenly look very beatable in the playoffs. Three weeks in a row their world-class offense did little. But it looks like they will have home-field, so that will be huge for them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #379 on: December 19, 2018, 11:31:58 AM »
He was playing as well as almost any QB in the league through the first half of the season. He has trouble throwing the ball 15 yards now. Totally gutting it out.

I did not sense that he was any more frustrated than Rodgers or Brady or other fine QBs when their teammates aren't doing their jobs.

But I definitely will agree that he made a couple of poor decisions in this game. Of course, so did Brees, who was picked twice and could have been intercepted 3 or 4 more times.

Rivera's clock-management sucked, too. The Panthers have a terrible 2-minute drill all season. Some is on Cam, some is probably on other offensive players. Some might be on Norv Turner. But it's Rivera's team.

For a Panthers fan like me, this season was a shame, because I really thought we had the talent to make some noise. Future looks kind of murky.

On another subject ...

Saints suddenly look very beatable in the playoffs. Three weeks in a row their world-class offense did little. But it looks like they will have home-field, so that will be huge for them.

And Rams

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #380 on: December 19, 2018, 12:00:56 PM »

The defense collapsed. Poor play frankly all season on both the DL and in the secondary. Cam's play was covering that up early in the season.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #381 on: December 19, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »
The defense collapsed. Poor play frankly all season on both the DL and in the secondary. Cam's play was covering that up early in the season.

Agreed. People think of the Panthers as a defensive team, but the D sucked this season, even in many of the wins. Even Kuechly didn't have his usual great season, though he played very well the last couple of weeks. D-line was the biggest disappointment on the entire team for me. Lots of money went into it, and players underperformed. That put a lot of pressure on a secondary that was never gonna be great.

BTW, looks like Cam is going to sit out the final 2 games, which makes sense. Kind of like the Rodgers situation last year -- why play him in meaningless games?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #382 on: December 20, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »
A real shame about Josh Gordon.

There is a belief that the Patriots can fix anybody, but an addict is an addict.

I hope the young man eventually can straighten out his life.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #383 on: December 20, 2018, 05:37:32 PM »
A real shame about Josh Gordon.

There is a belief that the Patriots can fix anybody, but an addict is an addict.

I hope the young man eventually can straighten out his life.

Beyond that, he's been dealing with mental health issues for a long time.  Its really easy for people to pass judgement and distill it down to "why cant someone lay off weed to make millions of dollars" without comprehending or understanding the link between mental health/illness/anxiety and substance abuse.  It could have been as simple as him having an anxiety attack (as he came out about before training camp last year), sparking a joint to relax, and thats that.  Its not always some wild bender like people envision.

He seemed to be putting it together this year, but there is a lot more to life than football, so hopefully he can continue to get the help he needs and get to a sustainable place in the future.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #384 on: December 20, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »
Beyond that, he's been dealing with mental health issues for a long time.  Its really easy for people to pass judgement and distill it down to "why cant someone lay off weed to make millions of dollars" without comprehending or understanding the link between mental health/illness/anxiety and substance abuse.  It could have been as simple as him having an anxiety attack (as he came out about before training camp last year), sparking a joint to relax, and thats that.  Its not always some wild bender like people envision.

He seemed to be putting it together this year, but there is a lot more to life than football, so hopefully he can continue to get the help he needs and get to a sustainable place in the future.

I'm glad to see that people are finally realizing what addiction really is (not implying that you are a new convert).

I felt the same way back in the days of Strawberry and Gooden. But back then, there was little sympathy for the disease.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #385 on: December 20, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »

I'm glad to see that people are finally realizing what addiction really is (not implying that you are a new convert).

I felt the same way back in the days of Strawberry and Gooden. But back then, there was little sympathy for the disease.

Spot on Brandi.

Easy to judge folks but much of our judgements are based on incomplete or even inaccurate information. I'm trying to shake the judgement habit (I know it's bad for us) but fail more often than not.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #386 on: December 21, 2018, 07:45:38 AM »
Tying in with the current discussion in the Doom thread.  Addiction sucks.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2018, 09:12:34 PM »
NFL history.  On this day in 2003 Favre had a game.  4 TD’s.  399 yds.  Day after his pappy passed.
Ludum habemus.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #388 on: December 23, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »
It’s weird to me how much better the Eagles offense is with Foles instead of Wentz.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #389 on: December 23, 2018, 03:52:48 PM »
That’s a brutal Packer win.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #390 on: December 23, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
It’s weird to me how much better the Eagles offense is with Foles instead of Wentz.

And one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.  Tremendous
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #391 on: December 23, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
Christ alive the Bears try to kill me.

Mike if the Saints end up losing this game y’all better make up for last weeks debacle...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #392 on: December 23, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
Effing Steelers.

New Orleans has the biggest of horseshoes stuck up their ass.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #393 on: December 23, 2018, 07:24:20 PM »
NFL is gonna have some interesting decisions to make regarding start times next Sunday. Bears/Vikes should be moved to 3pm window, to coincide with Rams game. Probably have to move Eagles/Washington to that same time window then too.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #394 on: December 23, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »
Looks like all the right timing calls were made.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2018, 11:46:38 AM »
So what are we thinking Bears fans?

Obviously would like the bye, but I’d much rather take my chances with BDN and the Eagles instead of playing the Vikings for a 3rd time.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #396 on: December 24, 2018, 02:31:27 PM »

Obviously would like the bye, but I’d much rather take my chances with BDN and the Eagles instead of playing the Vikings for a 3rd time.

The bye is a long shot.

I'd rather rest everyone and play an extra playoff game with a healthy, rested roster.

But, I'm onboard with whatever decision the coaching staff makes.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #397 on: December 24, 2018, 02:37:11 PM »
The playoffs are gonna be a b*tch no matter who they play. Playing the Vikes a third time and in back to back weeks doesn’t sound fun, but the advantage lies in being at home, and they accomplished that. I’d play everyone the first half on Sunday. Mitch needs reps, if they make it totally vanilla of a game plan on both sides, I’m totally fine with that. I do think they should absolutely scoreboard watch. If the Rams or up or down at half, that should dictate what they do in the second half.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #398 on: December 24, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »

I think you sit A-Rob (dinged up in SF), Hicks (same), Eddie Jackson, and Mack for this one.
Limit Cohen and, like Dish said, see what the Rams are doing to determine what you do with Trubisky.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #399 on: December 24, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »
The playoffs are gonna be a b*tch no matter who they play. Playing the Vikes a third time and in back to back weeks doesn’t sound fun, but the advantage lies in being at home, and they accomplished that.

This Bear season ticket holder is excited about coming back from his winter hibernation in Florida for the playoffs.

Can hardly wait