[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL 2018-19 2.0  (Read 131921 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NFL 2018-19 2.0
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2018, 05:29:40 PM »
So you're opinion is that using twitter is immature? And people who use it are "puds"?

Your vs. you're.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2018, 06:39:58 PM »
So your opinion is that using twitter is immature? And people who use it are "puds"?

Edited for grammar

nice try...is that what i said?  try it again
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2018, 06:59:29 PM »
nice try...is that what i said?  try it again

Well, I apologize for misinterpreting your message.

Can you expand? Because "above the twitter thing" seems to imply that

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2018, 08:04:04 PM »
Well, I apologize for misinterpreting your message.

Can you expand? Because "above the twitter thing" seems to imply that

I'm going to take a stab at this, because, well...I'm bored, and I've done pretty good at speaking "Rocket" in the past. 

I think he was referring to the childish/immature aspect of airing out personal or petty feuds on social media, often Twitter.  Not simply using twitter itself.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2018, 08:22:54 PM »
I'm going to take a stab at this, because, well...I'm bored, and I've done pretty good at speaking "Rocket" in the past. 

I think he was referring to the childish/immature aspect of airing out personal or petty feuds on social media, often Twitter.  Not simply using twitter itself.

That I understand and agree with.

But, being today's world what it is... We have LOTS of people who do that. From teenagers to the very top.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2018, 08:43:45 PM »
That I understand and agree with.

But, being today's world what it is... We have LOTS of people who do that. From teenagers to the very top.

Agreed. Over the years I started to realize that too many adults/parents/grandparents are just as bad when it comes to petty arguments, cliques, and such, as your average teen.  They apparently never matured beyond the age of 12-17.

And that is uniform across all levels of society, and hierarchy of power.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2018, 11:24:32 PM »
So your opinion is that using twitter is immature? And people who use it are "puds"?

Edited for grammar

forget had it pretty close.  jesman, you tried to lure me in to a back alley-my opinion is that mr winston is immature and a pud-simple stuff.  pretty much cost him his job depending on who you talk to.  does everyone have to run to twitter every time they've got to take a crap.  it's like a big gossip machine trying to get followers.  well, he might have gained a few more followers, but now he has a lot more time to twit...his pud

reinko

• All American
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2018, 08:55:11 AM »
I think what this guy is doing pretty clear...he knew he would be let go at the end of the season, so why not be a McCarthy-stand publicly, get in McCarthy's good favor, so when MM lands in a good spot, he brings his loyal soldier with him.

It's not that hard folks

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
I think what this guy is doing pretty clear...he knew he would be let go at the end of the season, so why not be a McCarthy-stand publicly, get in McCarthy's good favor, so when MM lands in a good spot, he brings his loyal soldier with him.

It's not that hard folks

McCarthy stand-in? Dude threw McCarthy under the bus with that tweet which implied that McCarthy couldn't keep Rodgers in check.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »
McCarthy stand-in? Dude threw McCarthy under the bus with that tweet which implied that McCarthy couldn't keep Rodgers in check.

Yeah, hand up 🤚🏼, misread the tweet.

Now back to your regular scheduled program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #285 on: December 06, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »
Not that this is a huge deal, but this is pretty cool of the Packers to do.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/packers-players-gave-mike-mccarthy-standing-ovation/

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #286 on: December 06, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
I guess no one is really outta the question, ey?

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Brett-Favre-Packers-head-coach-candidate--125925994/

I can just imagine Brett in spring training going thru some plays.  He’s kneeling on the ground with a stick in his hand, drawing out plays in the dirt in the middle of don hutson field with a crowd of packer players looking over his shoulder ;D

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #287 on: December 06, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »
Not that this is a huge deal, but this is pretty cool of the Packers to do.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/packers-players-gave-mike-mccarthy-standing-ovation/

I have been one who has said Mac needed to go - the game has passed him by.

But he certainly should be treated with respect for all he has done in the past and the class he has shown - both as coach, and in the last few days.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2018, 10:28:52 PM »
My wife's grandfather, who passed in April, remained a (football) Cardinal fan despite living in Chicago for his whole life.  The sons and grandsons flew him to AZ for a game a few years back, and the joke yesterday was that Grandpa was happy because the Cardinals won and the Bears lost.

Are you sure?  Some other members seem to think this isn't possible.  Did your wife's grandfather follow the Cubs, or was he not allowed into the Venn Diagram?   ;D
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2018, 09:22:06 AM »
Are you sure?  Some other members seem to think this isn't possible.  Did your wife's grandfather follow the Cubs, or was he not allowed into the Venn Diagram?   ;D

He was also a Cubs fan. 

I now own his car, and I have been warned by family members against adding any Brewer stickers to the windows.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2018, 09:32:32 AM »
He was also a Cubs fan. 

I now own his car, and I have been warned by family members against adding any Brewer stickers to the windows.

Cubs fan and a Cardinals football fan living in the city of Chicago?   ;)

Yes, I know because there are plenty of us despite some of the know-it-alls here and their Venn diagrams.  Thank you for providing additional evidence to support my experience. Your grandfather was not alone in those team allegiances.

— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2018, 11:20:58 AM »
Cubs fan and a Cardinals football fan living in the city of Chicago?   ;)

Yes, I know because there are plenty of us despite some of the know-it-alls here and their Venn diagrams.  Thank you for providing additional evidence to support my experience. Your grandfather was not alone in those team allegiances.

Chicos, what teams weren't you a fan of?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »

He hates the Angels ;D ;D ;D

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2018, 07:55:26 PM »

Hmmm.....I'll answer this since it was directed at me?  I think?  I feel like I occupy a space in your head or something. You sure do talk about me a lot. 

Angels -  grew up in So. Cal, worked for them, partial season ticket holder that is lucky enough to watch best player on the planet in person.
Ducks - grew up in So. Cal, worked for them, attend probably 10 games a year. 
Cowboys - born in Texas, their training camp was in my home town in So. Cal from 1960 to 1989 which I would attend on a yearly basis in the late 70's and early 80's, including as a member of their youth team (Conejo Cowboys) that volunteered each Summer at Cal Lutheran College to work with the team.  Golden era with Staubach, Pearson, Dorsett, Landry.  Was in Dallas last week for New Orleans game....great time.
NBA -  N/A.  No favorite team.

Marquette - graduate, former employee of the athletic department
Indiana (distant second).  Graduate school alum
Kansas (even more distant third).  Graduate school alum
UCLA football (not basketball).  Grew up down the street from Terry Donahue. Would go to games most of my life. Liked the under dog role of team instead of USC Toejams

Pretty straight forward
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2018, 08:42:10 PM »
Hmmm.....I'll answer this since it was directed at me?  I think?  I feel like I occupy a space in your head or something. You sure do talk about me a lot. 

Angels -  grew up in So. Cal, worked for them, partial season ticket holder that is lucky enough to watch best player on the planet in person.
Ducks - grew up in So. Cal, worked for them, attend probably 10 games a year. 
Cowboys - born in Texas, their training camp was in my home town in So. Cal from 1960 to 1989 which I would attend on a yearly basis in the late 70's and early 80's, including as a member of their youth team (Conejo Cowboys) that volunteered each Summer at Cal Lutheran College to work with the team.  Golden era with Staubach, Pearson, Dorsett, Landry.  Was in Dallas last week for New Orleans game....great time.
NBA -  N/A.  No favorite team.

Marquette - graduate, former employee of the athletic department
Indiana (distant second).  Graduate school alum
Kansas (even more distant third).  Graduate school alum
UCLA football (not basketball).  Grew up down the street from Terry Donahue. Would go to games most of my life. Liked the under dog role of team instead of USC Toejams

Pretty straight forward

You didn’t answer the question.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »
Yup. Kaepernick is worse than Sanchez ;D

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2018, 05:31:35 PM »
BROWNS!!!!!

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2018, 08:26:05 PM »

Chicos, why do you care in all sincerity?

If you must know, I will answer, but why do you care?

Cubs  MLB.  Cardinals NFL.  Bulls  NBA.  Marquette.  Those are the sports I care about. 
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
Chicos, why do you care in all sincerity?

If you must know, I will answer, but why do you care?

Cubs  MLB.  Cardinals NFL.  Bulls  NBA.  Marquette.  Those are the sports I care about.

Lol. Thank you for responding on both usernames.

You did not answer the question correctly on either username. Cheeks and warriordad both incorrectly answer the question in the same exact way. Hmm.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2018, 10:47:06 PM »
Bears D is for real. 6 points, no TDs and barely 200 yards to the Rams.

If Trubisky can just not stink, gotta like this team's chances going forward.

feedback