[Today at 05:23:29 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Veteran's day  (Read 2394 times)

tower912

• All American
Veteran's day
« on: November 12, 2018, 11:15:50 AM »
Thank you for your service.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Veteran's day
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 11:33:51 AM »
And never forget.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 11:38:56 AM »
My father, WWII vet (Battle of the Bulge), would have turned 99 this year. I miss my hero every day.

Thanks to those who have served and are still serving.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:45:40 AM »
And never forget.

I much prefer this line.

Crenshaw is pretty cool.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 01:01:48 PM »
I much prefer this line.

Crenshaw is pretty cool.

That was a fun bit.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »
Classy move.   Show a sense of humor and forgiveness and move on. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
Classy move.   Show a sense of humor and forgiveness and move on.

Yep. Regardless of policy issues, and regardless of my living multiple states away from him. He gained at least one fan.

Everything you mentioned there, he (or anyone really) could exploit the void of those qualities all the way up to prominence. IMO.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:22:21 PM »
Yep. Regardless of policy issues, and regardless of my living multiple states away from him. He gained at least one fan.

Everything you mentioned there, he (or anyone really) could exploit the void of those qualities all the way up to prominence. IMO.

I had to look up his party affiliation.    And I did not know Pete Davidson had lost his firefighter father on 9/11.     A class move to humanize each other. 

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 04:18:40 PM »
I had to look up his party affiliation.    And I did not know Pete Davidson had lost his firefighter father on 9/11.     A class move to humanize each other.

Yeah, he mentions it in many of his comedy routines. I'll forgive you for not seeing him. His SNL appearances seem pretty sporadic. Been on a few of the Roasts. I think he's a better standup comedian than he is at doing improv, but you have to appreciate insult/dark comedy heading into it. And also that he always seems to be talking about really sensitive topics, things that people would absolutely take offense to outside of the realm of comedy.

Thing is, the biggest reason that he had to apologize in the first place is that there is intense focus on him after the split with Ariana Grande, who obviously has a massive following. If he had said this without that whole circus going on, it wouldn't have even registered as a news story anywhere. He's said plenty of offensive things. This one just took off. But I agree that he did the right thing in allowing himself to "look weak" or however you want to describe it. Shows that he has a heart (even as an insult comic).

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »
My father, WWII vet (Battle of the Bulge), would have turned 99 this year. I miss my hero every day.

Thanks to those who have served and are still serving.

My Dad was a Marine 1st lieutenant, then captain (Saipan, Iwo Jima) who would have turned 100 this December. I share your heartfelt sentiments.