collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Y’all got Bezos’ed  (Read 20206 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: Y’all got Bezos’ed
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2019, 04:55:45 PM »
So that makes The Wall .1% of the budget?  What's the fuss about?

Exactly, happens on all sides.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2019, 04:56:36 PM »
Bada bing

See my response, both sides do it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2019, 05:00:27 PM »

Well, actually...most estimates out the cost of the wall north of 25 billion, so really it’s .5% of the budget.

;)

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2019, 05:07:58 PM »

Because we don't need a national monument built for purely vanity purposes on land that is currently privately owned? As we know there are multiple churches that will be bulldozed as a part of this, businesses, farms, etc.

Not only that but how many people are going to make the fence a destination for travel like Mount Rushmore, etc? At least we already have these people making the pilgrimage to shore things up.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »
Because we don't need a national monument built for purely vanity purposes on land that is currently privately owned? As we know there are multiple churches that will be bulldozed as a part of this, businesses, farms, etc.

BINGO!

I would be fine with a wall if there was any evidence that it would put a real dent in illegal immigration and drug trafficking. It won't. Its sole purpose would be to serve as a monument to a narcissist.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2019, 06:01:34 PM »
About 1% of the budget is foreign aid, or around 50 billion dollars.  Of course that is a ton of cash to you and I, but your term astronomical, in relation to the overall budget seems a bit over the top.

The only way the US is gonna dig itself out of this hole is target sacred cows, entitlements and defense spending.  This pearl clutching of foreign aid, food stamps, Department of Education, yadda yadda is peanuts, politicians know it’s peanuts, but sounds good on the TEEEEEVEEEEEE.

That's direct aid, and over time that is till massive.  1/4 of a trillion dollars last five years.  Here's where you and I agree, on defense we spend a crap ton in "foreign aid" that benefits Germany, Japan, Korea, Afghanistan, etc, etc, etc.  All under the guise of defense budget, but those dollars go into those countries, too. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2019, 06:03:54 PM »

Not only that but how many people are going to make the fence a destination for travel like Mount Rushmore, etc? At least we already have these people making the pilgrimage to shore things up.

Vanity? Uhm, no.  It's always fascinating to me that we get very upset when kids are killed by guns, and we should...but we don't say a damn word about kids dying at the hands of people that aren't supposed to be legally here.  Fascinating.  Do you know how many kids died via murder, car crashes, etc in that latter situation last few years....I'll give you a hint, far more than were killed by guns, but you don't hear a peep about it.  Sad.  How about we protect the kids, aina? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2019, 06:10:38 PM »
BINGO!

I would be fine with a wall if there was any evidence that it would put a real dent in illegal immigration and drug trafficking. It won't. Its sole purpose would be to serve as a monument to a narcissist.

Really, how about the evidence directly from the Border Patrol, you know...the experts. I guess we don't need to listen to them.  Despite rapid drops in drugs and illegals crossing where barriers have been built in various sectors.  Yup, let's not listen to them.  Don't need one across the border, do need one in some areas per BP.

The 2015 GAO report says thousands of Americans each year die as a result....reminder the current narcissist wasn't in charge in 2015...a different one was....his GAO said that...2015.  Does make you wonder how many have to die before people care. 

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »
We already have a human barrier set up and working perfectly (see above photo). According to them, nobody is getting by, so it has a success rate of 100% and is entirely staffed by willing volunteers. How can you beat that?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2019, 07:32:29 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2019, 07:38:14 PM »
We already have a human barrier set up and working perfectly (see above photo). According to them, nobody is getting by, so it has a success rate of 100% and is entirely staffed by willing volunteers. How can you beat that?

Right now my attention is helping to capture Jussie's attackers.....I'll focus on the other societal issues as soon as that crime is solved.   

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2019, 07:43:22 PM »
Right now my attention is helping to capture Jussie's attackers.....I'll focus on the other societal issues as soon as that crime is solved.   

Why do you come on here?

feedback