[Today at 09:13:49 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Lennys Tap
[Today at 07:56:17 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Non Conference Results  (Read 111542 times)

barfolomew

• All American
Re: Big East Non Conference Results
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 09:49:06 PM »

Big East is truly headed for a long season if X is being challenged by Evansville

Sleep on the Purple Aces at your peril.

Seriously, good luck in Maui, Xavier.
Remember, it's polite to say "thank you" when you get your ass handed to you.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2018, 11:29:11 PM »
Georgetown looked very meh against Central Connecticut....until the last few minutes. All of the sudden both teams were nailing three pointers going back and forth. Eventually, the Blue Devils' shots stopped falling but the Hoyas didn't. Their defense looked solid but their offense was a mess until the end. A lot of throw the ball to Govan and let him work. Akinjo looks like a real gamer, will be an All-Conference player before he graduates. Nice to say Alonzo's kid get the start and play a good game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »
Creighton in a tough match up against East Tennessee State.  Creighton is relatively young  and has some transfers working their way into the lineup so it may be a while before they gel as a team.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »
Emmitt Holt has been a non factor for the Friars the first two games. A lot of the lofty predictions for them were based on him being healthy. Doesn't look like the case. Really too bad, the kid has had kind of a rough ride through hoops. If this is his new norm, Providence looks more like a 5th-7th place team than a 3rd place team in the BEast.....though it seems that Diallo has found his outside shot which makes him one of the most dangerous players in the conference.

Sedee Keita played 4 minutes last night for St. John's and Josh Roberts played 0 minutes. That means that 196/200 of the Red Storm minutes last night were played by players 6'7" or shorter. And only one of those players is 6'7" and another one is 6'6". The rest are all 6'5" or shorter. A lot of their predictions were based on the idea that Keita was going to take a big jump and provide that inside presence. They still have top 3 talent but I'm just not sure about the balance of that roster. Also, discipline. They committed dumb fouls, took early contested shots, and gave the ball away when they should have been trying to run out the clock.
Keita was injured. Here is a research report that details the Johnnies versus Bowling Green.

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2018/11/10/18082458/three-takeaways-st-johns-comes-from-11-down-bowling-green

---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »
Creighton game still very tight. Carlos Curtis just got in the game for ETSU early second half .
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »
Little brother Froling getting run for Creighton
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2018, 02:26:23 PM »
Creighton ends the game on a 24-6 in the last 7 minutes to avoid defeat.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »
That ETSU team was very solid, would not surprise me if they make the tournament this year. A nice comeback win for Creighton will help build their conference.
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2018, 03:30:12 PM »
That ETSU team was very solid, would not surprise me if they make the tournament this year. A nice comeback win for Creighton will help build their conference.

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2018, 04:58:30 PM »
Keita was injured. Here is a research report that details the Johnnies versus Bowling Green.

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2018/11/10/18082458/three-takeaways-st-johns-comes-from-11-down-bowling-green

Thanks, didn't realize that. Even so, he only got 10 minutes and was a non-factor in first game as well. Signs seem to point to him not being the answer.
TAMU

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »
ETSU made the tournament in 2017. Lost in their conference championship last year. They did look solid.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2018, 05:13:44 PM »
ETSU made the tournament in 2017. Lost in their conference championship last year. They did look solid.

They have been good, but they lost a lot this offseason. Four starters and their top bench player gone. Still a solid buy game, probably a top 200 KenPom team, but not likely to be what they were the past few seasons.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2018, 08:36:20 AM »
Not Big East, but still interesting IMHO ...

Oklahoma State blew a 24-point second-half lead to lose to a UNC Charlotte team that will be lucky to win 10 games this year.

Duke, the team many already are crowning, led Army only by 6 with about 12 mins to go.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2018, 12:06:07 PM »
They have been good, but they lost a lot this offseason. Four starters and their top bench player gone. Still a solid buy game, probably a top 200 KenPom team, but not likely to be what they were the past few seasons.
Watched the game, The two JUCO kids ETSU brought in were very good and super athletic. Overall, their team was very talented. As to how they finish this year, I don't have enough information on the rest of their conference. 
            ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2018, 12:07:28 PM »
Watched the game, The two JUCO kids ETSU brought in were very good and super athletic. Overall, their team was very talented. As to how they finish this year, I don't have enough information on the rest of their conference.

You should write a research report on it.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »

So are you saying they will be a top 100 team in KenPom like they have the past few seasons? Cause if your're not, then it sounds like you agree with me. Solid buy game but not what they have been the past few season.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2018, 01:22:18 PM »
So are you saying they will be a top 100 team in KenPom like they have the past few seasons? Cause if your're not, then it sounds like you agree with me. Solid buy game but not what they have been the past few season.
I agree with you, with the provision that Boyd and Rodriguez are very talented;and the fact they were able to build a 12 point lead deep into the second half on the road against a Big East team leads me to think that there may possibly be some upside.
            ---Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2018, 05:28:10 PM »
FYI, thanks to the board for pinning the Big East TV Guide Schedule at the top! Thanks, for everyone who has said and messaged myself who enjoys it!
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2018, 05:46:12 PM »
I agree with you, with the provision that Boyd and Rodriguez are very talented;and the fact they were able to build a 12 point lead deep into the second half on the road against a Big East team leads me to think that there may possibly be some upside.

They are very talented for the Southern Conference. As for the second bit, I think that's just as much if not more of an indicator of what level Creighton is at this season.

They are a solid buy game. Somewhere between the 100th and 200th best team in the country. It is concerning for the Jays' prospects that they let themselves get into that position. Glad they pulled it together at the end.
TAMU

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2018, 06:11:41 PM »
Georgetown looked very meh against Central Connecticut....until the last few minutes. All of the sudden both teams were nailing three pointers going back and forth. Eventually, the Blue Devils' shots stopped falling but the Hoyas didn't. Their defense looked solid but their offense was a mess until the end. A lot of throw the ball to Govan and let him work. Akinjo looks like a real gamer, will be an All-Conference player before he graduates. Nice to say Alonzo's kid get the start and play a good game.

FWIW, they need to drop Central already and go with Conn. State University.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2018, 07:43:55 PM »
FWIW, they need to drop Central already and go with Conn. State University.
I think the Western Conn State people may take umbrage with that position.
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2018, 08:11:49 PM »
Butler racks up a win against Detroit.
            ---Al McGuire

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2018, 08:31:51 PM »
So I watched roughly 2 minutes of the DePaul/Murray State game
1) I am fairly confident that UWM gets more fans than are at this game
2) It appears that DePaul ran some sort of student contest where the winner gets to sit at the end of the bench, in uniform and a kid with bleached hair won.  He and the kid next to him are synchronizing cheers of some kind. Not kidding

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2018, 08:42:25 PM »
So I watched roughly 2 minutes of the DePaul/Murray State game
1) I am fairly confident that UWM gets more fans than are at this game
2) It appears that DePaul ran some sort of student contest where the winner gets to sit at the end of the bench, in uniform and a kid with bleached hair won.  He and the kid next to him are synchronizing cheers of some kind. Not kidding

1. Don't give DePaul credit, they're beating Morgan State, not Murray State
2. That's not a contest winner. That's Pantelis Xidas, a walk-on: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/13/16964618/depaul-walk-on-pantelis-xidias-college-basketball-greatest-hype-man
TAMU