[Today at 08:13:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Lennys Tap
[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Recommendations from MSP residents  (Read 4523 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Recommendations from MSP residents
« on: November 04, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »
Does anybody have any good recommendations for hotels near the Target Center? Would be willing to pay more to be within walking distance as I’m going to be there from 12/13-12/15 and MN weather at that time of the year can make driving and parking not very enjoyable, but if it’s going to be an extra $100/night or something then maybe the drive is worth it.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Recommendations from MSP residents
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 02:10:20 PM »
These are all great recommendations. Almost all have skyway connections.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNear-g43323-d560532-Target_Center-Minneapolis_Minnesota.html 

What brings you to town?

PM me with questions....or JB. He lives downtown.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 02:17:16 PM »
VB, eh?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 02:18:28 PM »
VB, eh?

Yessir! Thanks much for the recommendations/link. Will have to check the MU schedule and maybe we can catch a game if they’re playing and you all are around town.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »
The Marquette Hotel is one of my favorite hotels in the U.S. It's a Hilton Curio collection property, is super nice, has good restaurant, and is walking distance to the Target Center (and everything else in downtown MPLS). And if you're a Hilton elite, you get access to their phenomenal lounge for breakfast and cocktails in the evening.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 04:51:33 PM »
Does anybody have any good recommendations for hotels near the Target Center? Would be willing to pay more to be within walking distance as I’m going to be there from 12/13-12/15 and MN weather at that time of the year can make driving and parking not very enjoyable, but if it’s going to be an extra $100/night or something then maybe the drive is worth it.

MU is in the middle of a 10-day layoff at that time, but... would recommend staying downtown and using the skyway (when open.. ugh). But if you're looking to go cheaper, you could get an hotel off 394 in St. Louis Park or somewhere near by, and just uber in for just ~$15-20 a trip.

Looking at the more reasonably priced spots for Dec 13-15...

Looks like Radisson Blu is running a special via trip advisor right now.. $98 on Friday, $109 on Saturday. That would be a good deal... in the middle of downtown too.

The Hilton on Marquette is a block from my crib.. I walk and from Target Center all the time.. when I take the skyway, it's about 13 mins... walking outside can be under 10.  It's reasonably priced (usually in the low $100's.. looks $116 that weekend), has a newly remodeled bar/lounge on the street level floor, and lots of people there for conventions stay there... so you get a nice, weird mix of people depending on the day.

The Marquette Hotel looks like it's on sale for $135/night then..

Really, there are tons of  downtown.. if you're eyeing a couple of spots, feel free to post 'em here and we can chime in with thoughts about that particular property.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 06:09:13 PM »
The AC Hotel by Marriott and Le Meridien are great options that are both within a couple of blocks of Target Center. AC tends to be less expensive, but if the prices for your dates are comparable, I would choose Le Meridien.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 07:22:53 PM »

Get won of dem reely nice pop-up tents from REI and steak it under da freeway like dey due in MKE, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 08:43:41 PM »

Get won of dem reely nice pop-up tents from REI and steak it under da freeway like dey due in MKE, hey?

We got a big a$$ tent city in the Nakie American (Rugrats reference) part of town.  Probably 200 tents.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
The AC Hotel by Marriott and Le Meridien are great options that are both within a couple of blocks of Target Center. AC tends to be less expensive, but if the prices for your dates are comparable, I would choose Le Meridien.

I second the AC. When I go to Minneapolis, that’s typically where I stay. Great breakfast, walking distance from everything.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 09:28:42 PM »
I second the AC. When I go to Minneapolis, that’s typically where I stay. Great breakfast, walking distance from everything.

Yup good choice

If you want to save a few shekels, like JB said, the West End in Ma’s back yard is a solid choice. Lots of good restaurants.

Wades, if you are buying at Manny’s, I’m in.  😜. Nummy Manhattan at Manny’s. 🥃🥃🥃

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 07:45:45 PM »
I think I'm going to end up booking a room at the Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection?  Through Marriott.  I can get a room for $89/night and for that weekend the cheapest anywhere near the Target Center otherwise is up near $150/night.

Does anybody have any idea on parking in the area?  The only option for parking at the hotel is a $41/night valet parking option.  STEEP!  Seems pretty consistent with the other downtown Minneapolis hotels, though.

I'm going to book a room there, free cancelation up until 12/11 if I hear back from you guys that it's a bad choice or I find a better option comes up for cheap.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
I think I'm going to end up booking a room at the Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection?  Through Marriott.  I can get a room for $89/night and for that weekend the cheapest anywhere near the Target Center otherwise is up near $150/night.

Does anybody have any idea on parking in the area?  The only option for parking at the hotel is a $41/night valet parking option.  STEEP!  Seems pretty consistent with the other downtown Minneapolis hotels, though.

I'm going to book a room there, free cancelation up until 12/11 if I hear back from you guys that it's a bad choice or I find a better option comes up for cheap.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated!

I agree, that parking is steep, I always use their garage, but I’m expensing parking. I remember the first time I stayed there thinking the $40 for parking was expensive for MSP.

It’s a good hotel, I think the breakfast there is fantastic. I stay there probably 4-5 times a year, never had a bad stay.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »
Wades - Hotel Minneapolis has a great restaurant - Restaurant Max - but of course there are lots of good restaurants in the vicinity.  Best low cost overnight parking would be in ramps A-C, which are municipal ramps.  $12 per 24 hours in Ramp A and $15 in B and C. A & B are connected to Target Center. All of the ramps are skyway connected, as is the Hotel Minneapolis. 
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 03:05:12 PM »
Yup good choice

If you want to save a few shekels, like JB said, the West End in Ma’s back yard is a solid choice. Lots of good restaurants.

Wades, if you are buying at Manny’s, I’m in.  😜. Nummy Manhattan at Manny’s. 🥃🥃🥃

Manny's, the best restaurant to go to when somebody else is paying.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 04:17:24 PM »
Manny's, the best restaurant to go to when somebody else is paying.

Eye wuz payin', even sew, didant think it wuz all dat. Had much bedder elsewhere, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 07:04:38 PM »
Stay outta beejay's 2nd bedroom.  He might claim it's all historical, but that dude is in to some weird ish....

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 07:40:10 PM »
Just saw some tall mfr’s by my crib coming from the convention center. Looks like VB ppl are in town. 630 tip in the AM legggooo

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 10:16:38 PM »
Just saw some tall mfr’s by my crib coming from the convention center. Looks like VB ppl are in town. 630 tip in the AM legggooo

Oh yeah. This will be my first time at a women’s Final Four, but they have a big convention going on throughout the weekend. I have a friend who’s 6’4” that went to a Final Four a few years ago and he said he felt short all weekend, regardless of whether he was around males or females.

I won’t be getting into town until probably 3:30 or so tomorrow. Matches at 6 and 8.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 11:55:17 AM »
Red Cow in Uptown (I think?) was a phenomenal burger.

I’m pretty sure the University of Minnesota’s offensive line was waiting for our table and right before we got up half of them got into an Uber. The other half that hadn’t left yet saw us get up, said “oh noooo,” ran back in and called the other group (I assume).

I really have no idea if they were the UM o line, but it was 7 absolutely massive males so that was my best guess.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 12:56:31 PM »
You buying at Manny,s tonight?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 11:35:06 PM »
At the W let’s go

real chili 83