'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Starting lineup  (Read 21468 times)

jsglow

• All American
Starting lineup
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:53:29 AM »
I'm going with Markus, Chartouny, Matty, Sacar and Sammy.  But I have no earthy idea really.  I also have no reason to believe that what happens tonight is permanent in any way.

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Starting lineup
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:05:13 AM »
I'm going with Markus, Chartouny, Matty, Sacar and Sammy.  But I have no earthy idea really.  I also have no reason to believe that what happens tonight is permanent in any way.
I'd prefer Morrow starting at the 4 and Sacar coming off the bench for a spark.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:08:42 AM by Windyplayer »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:08:17 AM »
[/quote

That was my other consideration.   :)

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »
I will go with Sacar. He has earned that spot as of now.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 09:19:06 AM »
A bit of a cop out but I do think this season will be the ultimate in starters are who earned it in practice and starters won't necessarily play starter minutes.

I think a typical starting line-up will be Chartouny, Markus, Sacar, Sam, and Matt.....however I think Morrow and Cain ultimately get more minutes in a game than Matt or Sacar.

Here's a line-up question, if Sacar can play the point at all, do we see a Sacar, Cain, Sam, Bailey, Morrow/Theo line-up? I don't know why but I kind of salivate over that on both ends of the floor. You could swap Sacar for Chartouny but I love Sacar's slashing and physical defense with the shooting and height of the rest of that line-up.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 09:19:41 AM »
Yeah I think Morrow starts at 4 and then we could see a line change with Theo, Joey, Sacar, and BB coming off bench with Cain coming in later and Markus taking PG duties for a while, then JC coming back in to give Markus rest. Then Markus and Sam come back with a lineup of those playing best/hardest.
Goal is National Championship

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:27:16 AM »
The lineup could and probably will change as the season moves along.  But, for tonight and UMBC, its probably last year's lineup with Chartouny  in for Rowsey. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »
And I'm going to agree with Eng that starting doesn't mean most minutes.  I think this especially applies to Matt.

I'm also one of these guys who for some dumb reason pays attention to the introduction order.  I guess that goes back to 'And from North Carolina' here in Chicago. And truth be told, I have no recollection if Wojo pays any attention to it.  Was Rowsey routinely the last intro last year?  Anyway, intros start with Matty and end with Markus.  Again, I have no idea but that's what I'd do.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 10:20:39 AM »

Here's a line-up question, if Sacar can play the point at all, do we see a Sacar, Cain, Sam, Bailey, Morrow/Theo line-up? I don't know why but I kind of salivate over that on both ends of the floor. You could swap Sacar for Chartouny but I love Sacar's slashing and physical defense with the shooting and height of the rest of that line-up.

I just had flashbacks to Joe Chapman playing PG. Yikes!

Don't overthink it ENG.  Anim is not anywhere close to a PG.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 10:40:35 AM »
My prediction for tonight:

Chartouney
Howard
Anim
S. Hauser
Heldt

Vets get the benefit of the doubt early,  while the youngsters fight to overtake them.   I expect Anim and Heldt to come off the bench later in the year.  The starters and rotation will evolve throughout the year as Wojo discovers what lineups work best.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »
And I'm going to agree with Eng that starting doesn't mean most minutes.  I think this especially applies to Matt.

I'm also one of these guys who for some dumb reason pays attention to the introduction order.  I guess that goes back to 'And from North Carolina' here in Chicago. And truth be told, I have no recollection if Wojo pays any attention to it.  Was Rowsey routinely the last intro last year?  Anyway, intros start with Matty and end with Markus.  Again, I have no idea but that's what I'd do.

Seniors usually will go last.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 10:55:11 AM »
Seniors usually will go last.

100% true.  Is that going to apply to Matty?  I would personally be very happy for him.  He's right up there as one of my favorite players in recent years.  And that's not because he's anywhere near the most talented.

Anyway, it's great to have hoops back.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
I just had flashbacks to Joe Chapman playing PG. Yikes!

Don't overthink it ENG.  Anim is not anywhere close to a PG.

I was wondering if I had missed some bit of news about Sacar getting run at PG.  Nothing I've ever seen from him indicated any sort of PG ability, at least offensively.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ducs

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 11:01:24 AM »
Howard
Anim
S. Hauser
Morrow
Heldt

Don't know that Chartouney is guaranteed starter.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 11:05:15 AM »

No, not a point guard, but definitely a solid 2 with all that slashing and defense you mentioned, and opening up another Big on the floor. 
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:29 AM »
I was wondering if I had missed some bit of news about Sacar getting run at PG.  Nothing I've ever seen from him indicated any sort of PG ability, at least offensively.

Here's the question....who is the 3rd string PG? Not saying we have to go to the 3rd string PG much but there definitely would be a time or two when Chartouny and Howard are in some sort of foul/fatigue situation, ordinarily I'd say Greg but he's not available until at least conference season.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 11:41:31 AM »
Here's the question....who is the 3rd string PG? Not saying we have to go to the 3rd string PG much but there definitely would be a time or two when Chartouny and Howard are in some sort of foul/fatigue situation, ordinarily I'd say Greg but he's not available until at least conference season.

Sammy?  It's not crazy Eng.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »
Joseph
M2N
Sam
Ed
Matt
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 11:59:17 AM »
Joseph
M2N
Sam
Ed
Matt

Sam is going to play the Stretch 4, that is really his position as he does not have enough foot speed to guard a 3, brings a big outside.  Morrow is going to play the
5 more than you think.  With Joey, so in the future, it could be M2N, Joe, Sacar, Sam and Ed.  But tonight I see Matt starting even though he his the third best center but he is a senior.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Joseph
M2N
Sam
Ed
Matt

This.  I don't know what DC's rambling about.  Definitely don't want to be rolling with a 6-7 center for more than a handful of possessions.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »
Sam is going to play the Stretch 4, that is really his position as he does not have enough foot speed to guard a 3, brings a big outside.  Morrow is going to play the
5 more than you think.  With Joey, so in the future, it could be M2N, Joe, Sacar, Sam and Ed.  But tonight I see Matt starting even though he his the third best center but he is a senior.

I agree w/Ed getting time at 5 against certain comp, but disagree with the rest.

Can the mods setup a GOOD chat tonight or do we do the ghetto chatzy thing again??
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2018, 12:10:17 PM »
I agree w/Ed getting time at 5 against certain comp, but disagree with the rest.

Can the mods setup a GOOD chat tonight or do we do the ghetto chatzy thing again??

That's racist^^^^^  Ban dis guy

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2018, 12:16:47 PM »
Sammy?  It's not crazy Eng.

I’d agree with this. I’m always most at ease when he has the ball in a press break. I could see him getting the ball up the court and passing to a wing quickly.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 12:40:27 PM »
Howard
Anim
S. Hauser
Morrow
Heldt

Don't know that Chartouney is guaranteed starter.
Chartouny didn't transfer to MKE to come off the bench. They're giving him the keys at point.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:42:32 PM by Windyplayer »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
Chartouny didn't transfer to MKE to come off the bench. They're given him the keys at point.

This.  Wojo recruited him for 2 reasons.  Initiating the offense and on ball D.  He's going to be doing that 25+ minutes a game.

Let's all try to remember to give the young man a break when he goes 1-4 from deep.

feedback