Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Starting lineup  (Read 21467 times)

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
Re: Starting lineup
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »
I agree w/Ed getting time at 5 against certain comp, but disagree with the rest.

Can the mods setup a GOOD chat tonight or do we do the ghetto chatzy thing again??

I still say Sam plays more of a 4, so you do not like M2N, Joe and Sacar starting?  Ed plays like a center, in the 3 practices I have seen he plays like Pat Smith, never
outside the 3 foot lane.  It might be at times, Joey, Sam and Ed.  Theo will get 20 minutes a game.  Cain and Bailey will get 15-18 minutes as well.  Matt maybe 10.
Should be interesting.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2018, 01:44:33 PM »
Can the mods setup a GOOD chat tonight or do we do the ghetto chatzy thing again??

Good?  The Gameday Chat link on the site will be active...

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »
Good?  The Gameday Chat link on the site will be active...

Does JayBee own shares of BlackBerry he's trying to prop up?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2018, 02:26:40 PM »
Chartouny didn't transfer to MKE to come off the bench. They're giving him the keys at point.

We have this convo every year with the new transfer. Reinhardt, Rowsey, Carlino. They all came to play, guess what they are going to do.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 02:35:26 PM »
Of course he will play. The question is will he start?

Reinhardt spent most of the season coming off the bench.

Starting no matter.......minutes matter.

I could see it going either way with Joe. Without GE we really only have 2 guys capable of being primary ball handlers.....might want to stagger them to start the game.

Getting either or both in foul trouble early will be big trouble vs the better teams on our non conference schedule.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2018, 02:44:23 PM »
Starting matters.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

fjm

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »
Listen. I love Markus. Will back him up in any argument. But honestly, after last year, how many of us scoopers really think joesph isn’t starting?

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »
Markus
Sacar
Brendan
Sam
Theo
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »
Players may prefer it......but they would rather play 25 minutes off the bench then be a token starter like we have had in the past.

Reinhardt didn't care.......even passed on the chance to start on senior day.

At the end if the day a coach will do what is best for the team.......as he should.

Crowder probably preferred to start as a junior......but when he couldn't stay out of foul trouble he ended up coming off the bench.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 02:57:52 PM »
Starting matters.

The same way FT% does. Sure it matters on some level but not a significant one. Who plays the first few minutes is not as important who plays the most minutes
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
Markus
Sacar
Brendan
Sam
Theo

Yeah I can see this, or another having a 4th shooter with Joey in place of Theo.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 03:47:16 PM »
How do you get players "the most minutes?"  You play them early and often.

What turned our season around 2 seasons ago?  Inserting Andrew Rowsey into the starting lineup.

There's a reason you won't see a starting lineup of Heldt, Theo, Ike, Cain, and Sacar/Joey/Bailey this season.

Starting matters.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 04:07:02 PM »

There's a reason you won't see a starting lineup of Heldt, Theo, Ike, Cain, and Sacar/Joey/Bailey this season.

Will we see that lineup ever though?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »
Joe C.
Howard
Heldt
S. Hauser
Morrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2018, 04:28:42 PM »
How do you get players "the most minutes?"  You play them early and often.

Sure that's one way to do it. I don't think there's a requirement that it needs to be starting. I think Jae Crowder got plenty of minutes despite Erik Williams starting over him.

What turned our season around 2 seasons ago?  Inserting Andrew Rowsey into the starting lineup.

Might have had something to do with it. But increasing Andrew's minutes from 18.3 per game to 30.2 per game probably had a lot more to do with it.

Yes there is a reason. That lineup would suck and you would never see it an a game ever. It has nothing to do with starting.

Starting matters.

If you want to make an argument that psychologically some players do better when they start or come off the bench, fine. But there is nothing magical about the first possession of the game that makes it more important than any other possession throughout the game. Who plays the most tells you a lot more than who plays first. Starting no matta
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2018, 04:30:46 PM »
Sure that's one way to do it. I don't think there's a requirement that it needs to be starting. I think Jae Crowder got plenty of minutes despite Erik Williams starting over him.

Might have had something to do with it. But increasing Andrew's minutes from 18.3 per game to 30.2 per game probably had a lot more to do with it.

Yes there is a reason. That lineup would suck and you would never see it an a game ever. It has nothing to do with starting.

If you want to make an argument that psychologically some players do better when they start or come off the bench, fine. But there is nothing magical about the first possession of the game that makes it more important than any other possession throughout the game. Who plays the most tells you a lot more than who plays first. Starting no matta

If the last 4 minutes of a game are all going on with a 20 point difference then the first possession of a game is far, far more important than the last possession of a game.  Starting is very important.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2018, 04:32:35 PM »
If the last 4 minutes of a game are all going on with a 20 point difference then the first possession of a game is far, far more important than the last possession of a game.  Starting is very important.

I have yet to see a 20 point swing on one possession.  Starting no matta.  Minutes matter, and line-up in crunch time matters.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
Yeah I can see this, or another having a 4th shooter with Joey in place of Theo.

I like your line-up, the question gets to be the fragile emotions of players.  Some just want to start.  I started as a senior in HS, if I did not make my first shot, I know
I was the first to taken out.  Finally, I said to the coach, I do not need to start.  So after 4 minutes I was in.  I am sure I played the rest of the game then.  Did not bother
me that I did not start.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2018, 04:36:18 PM »
Starting only seems to be "very important" because it usually correlates with the top 5 players in terms of minutes.  I'm not going to argue that it is completely unimportant, but really it doesn't matter a whole lot.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2018, 04:36:34 PM »

Isn't the most important possession the next one?  ;D

I'm sorry Wades, score is irrelevant to the conversation. You can score just as many points in a single possession when down by 20 as you can when tied at the beginning of the game. All possessions are equal. We fans just tend to emphasize the first one and the last few for some reason.
TAMU

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 04:38:26 PM »
JC
Markus
Sacar
Sam
Joey

I think I'm most excited to see Bailey though. He looks so smooth in every video I see.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
Markus
Chartouny
Sam
Morrow
Heldt
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuMark

• All American

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2018, 05:31:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/1057397881009782784?s=21

That's interesting. Does Gardner tweet in teal? Or is Wojo rewarding good practice or sending a message by starting walk ons in a meaningless exhibition?

Or is Wojo so confident that we are going to beat Carroll using only walkons?
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback