[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Need help in selling MU tickets online  (Read 3621 times)

The Lens

• All American
Need help in selling MU tickets online
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:11:25 AM »
Has anyone listed their MU tickets on Seat Geek?  It asks me to upload a PDF but I cannot figure out how to save my MU tix as a PDF.

Anyone else figure this out?

Additionally it does not appear that MU's site is letting me re-sell, the sell button appears grayed out.  The send button (in blue) does work.

Any help with either would be great. Thx!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

spartan3186

• All American
Re: Need help in selling MU tickets online
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
I had the same issue. Had to jump through a lot of hoops. I had to do it all through my phone.

iPhone Instructions

1) go to am.ticketmaster.com/marquette on your mobile device
2) Select game you want to sell
3) Click on "View Barcode"
4) Hit Upload Button and "Create PDF"
5) Hit Upload Button Again, this time Email it to yourself
6) Repeat for each ticket and each game

It's a huge PITA.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »
Make sure if you post pix of your tix, you don't show any kind of UPC code.

I have a friend who sold some tix online but somebody printed a copy of the tix and then used that to make his own tix to get in the game. So the people who bought my friend's tix were pissed when they were turned away at the gate.

At least that's how the story was told to me.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 01:25:53 PM »
My problem is after loading my pair of seats in Google wallet only the 1st seat is displayed and I cannot find any way to "swipe" to the 2nd ticket.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 01:36:37 PM »
I had the same issue. Had to jump through a lot of hoops. I had to do it all through my phone.

iPhone Instructions

1) go to am.ticketmaster.com/marquette on your mobile device
2) Select game you want to sell
3) Click on "View Barcode"
4) Hit Upload Button and "Create PDF"
5) Hit Upload Button Again, this time Email it to yourself
6) Repeat for each ticket and each game

It's a huge PITA.

Thank you, very helpful and as you said, a PITA.

If I do this, am I rendering my own versions (printed or on  my phone) useless?   I'd like to put a bunch of games up there and if they don't sell just use them myself.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 09:21:15 PM »
Thank you, very helpful and as you said, a PITA.

If I do this, am I rendering my own versions (printed or on  my phone) useless?   I'd like to put a bunch of games up there and if they don't sell just use them myself.

Shouldn't be any issue. You're effectively just taking a screenshot of your mobile ticket and uploading to StubHub/Seat Geek.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »
My problem is after loading my pair of seats in Google wallet only the 1st seat is displayed and I cannot find any way to "swipe" to the 2nd ticket.

YES.  Same here.  I just started a thread on that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »
YES.  Same here.  I just started a thread on that.

BTW - Is MU is trying to curtail secondary sales?  I tried posting tickets through My Marquette (Ticketmaster) Account, and like Lens, the "Sell" button is grayed out for me, too. 

I suppose I can screenshot the tickets and sell through StubHub, but I'd like MU to capture a portion of the resale fee.

EDIT: Speculating here, but perhaps selling tickets cannot be selected until your invoice is paid in full?  Final payment for those on the installment plan (like me) isn't due until Thursday, so maybe we can sell through TM at that point.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:36:16 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 03:42:33 PM »
Or Marquette signed a deal with Ticketmaster that allows them only to use their own resell site.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
BTW - Is MU is trying to curtail secondary sales?  I tried posting tickets through My Marquette (Ticketmaster) Account, and like Lens, the "Sell" button is grayed out for me, too. 

I suppose I can screenshot the tickets and sell through StubHub, but I'd like MU to capture a portion of the resale fee.

EDIT: Speculating here, but perhaps selling tickets cannot be selected until your invoice is paid in full?  Final payment for those on the installment plan (like me) isn't due until Thursday, so maybe we can sell through TM at that point.

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »
Also not having any luck with the "sell" button. Linked my accounts, my invoice is paid in full, tried both desktop and mobile. What gives? Very frustrating.

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »
Very quick response from the ticket office for anyone else needing assistance:

"Unfortunately Ticketmaster is still working on fixing that button and it will not be available until tomorrow morning. If you are trying to sell your ticket for tomorrow game the ticket office is offering another opportunity. If you call them at 414 288 4668 and let them know you’d like to put your ticket up for sale tomorrow, they will put it up for sale at face value. If you sell them it will earn you back an account credit on your account.

Thanks and GO MU

Marquette Ticket Office
414 288 4668"

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 05:48:13 PM »
Very quick response from the ticket office for anyone else needing assistance:

"Unfortunately Ticketmaster is still working on fixing that button and it will not be available until tomorrow morning. If you are trying to sell your ticket for tomorrow game the ticket office is offering another opportunity. If you call them at 414 288 4668 and let them know you’d like to put your ticket up for sale tomorrow, they will put it up for sale at face value. If you sell them it will earn you back an account credit on your account.

Thanks and GO MU

Marquette Ticket Office
414 288 4668"
Not sure what to believe. Week before last, they told me next week (29Oct-2Nov).

feedback