Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where was our point guard.  (Read 5258 times)

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
Where was our point guard.
« on: October 25, 2018, 09:22:02 PM »
Did I miss him at our practice tonite?  I didn't see him. 

CrowdOf5

• Starter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
Re: Where was our point guard.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 07:33:03 AM »
Marquette basketball player is very late to a practice at an unusual time because he makes going to class a priority.    This should be pinned to the top of every MU message board when every UW wienie takes another shot at MU's basketball team's academics. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 10:42:43 AM »
Marquette basketball player is very late to a practice at an unusual time because he makes going to class a priority.    This should be pinned to the top of every MU message board when every UW wienie takes another shot at MU's basketball team's academics.
I talked to him after practice and I asked him where he was and he responded with,”They made me go to class”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »
I talked to him after practice and I asked him where he was and he responded with,”They made me go to class”

Well, umm, this is Marquette, you know.
We go to class.
We learn things.
We graduate.
We are productive post-collegians!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »
Well, umm, this is Marquette, you know.
We go to class.
We learn things.
We graduate.
We are productive post-collegians!

In fact, Joe has already accomplished all of those four things. Time to Win.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »

Well of course.  He has to make it until second semester.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 12:42:38 PM »

Well of course.  He has to make it until second semester.

Exactly. Then he can pull a Katin and just not show up back to campus after the season is over

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 08:10:17 PM »
Exactly. Then he can pull a Katin and just not show up back to campus after the season is over

Eh, I am not so sure that's going to happen.

Unlike some of our former "Leadership Studies" grad students, he is an actual MBA student.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »
Interesting.  Did not know that.

Question for you 'rules' guys.  I had thought grad transferring was only allowed if the 'new' program offered a course of study that the 'old' program didn't.  Perhaps I'm incorrect on that.  Input appreciated.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
Interesting.  Did not know that.

Question for you 'rules' guys.  I had thought grad transferring was only allowed if the 'new' program offered a course of study that the 'old' program didn't.  Perhaps I'm incorrect on that.  Input appreciated.

I believe they eliminated that.  The original school simply has to not renew their scholarship.  (Which is going to happen as a matter of course.)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 10:54:57 AM »

I believe they eliminated that.  The original school simply has to not renew their scholarship.  (Which is going to happen as a matter of course.)

Thanks Sultan.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 10:58:59 AM »
Eh, I am not so sure that's going to happen.

Unlike some of our former "Leadership Studies" grad students, he is an actual MBA student.
Yep.  He also did graduate in 3 years at Fordham.  A legit student.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »

Correct that it was eliminated many moons ago, but the rest of your post is a LIE!

There are a couple of types of grad transfers - those who qualify for a 'normal' one-time transfer exception and those who do not (but do qualify for a graduate one-time transfer exception). If you qualify under the normal rules, the 'not renew their scholarship' language doesn't come into play. Many kids do not qualify because they have previously transferred...

At the end of the day, the difference is minimal, but a few more steps if you're grad transferring after already transferring previously.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
Correct that it was eliminated many moons ago, but the rest of your post is a LIE!

There are a couple of types of grad transfers - those who qualify for a 'normal' one-time transfer exception and those who do not (but do qualify for a graduate one-time transfer exception). If you qualify under the normal rules, the 'not renew their scholarship' language doesn't come into play. Many kids do not qualify because they have previously transferred...

At the end of the day, the difference is minimal, but a few more steps if you're grad transferring after already transferring previously.

Gotcha. Thanks.

feedback