[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Parking?  (Read 5254 times)

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
Parking?
« on: October 15, 2018, 06:13:33 AM »
Has there been any information released about parking options\pricing for the 2018-19 season?

Will MU be selling parking passes to season ticket holders?

Will there be any surface lot options?  Early feedback I've heard from Bucks fans is that getting out of the FF structure is a nightmare.

With the first (exhibition) game 15 days away, just wondering if I missed some information.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Parking?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »
The Bradley Center Parking Lot will not be torn down. So, that lot is open.

-I'm not sure why the FF lot would be a nightmare as it can empty in 40 minutes. Plus, that lot was open last season as well. I have not heard any feedback in how that went.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:25:18 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:24:53 AM »
PARKING WENT ON SALE LAST WEDNESDAY. SEE BELOW BORROWED FROM MU email:

Season parking passes are now on sale to season ticket members and donors at the $500 giving level and above. In hopes of accommodating as many loyal fans as possible, season ticket members and donors are limited to one (1) parking pass per account based on availability.  There are two lots available for purchase, the 6th and State St. surface lot and the new parking structure attached to Fiserv Forum off McKinley Avenue.  The parking package costs $420 and includes a pass to all 20 home games at Fiserv Forum.  As a reminder, new this season a donation of $4,000 or more will qualify season ticket members for a complimentary parking pass.  All scholarship contributions applied to seats factor into this $4,000 total.

Parking in the 6th & State Street lot is limited.  All season ticket members interested in purchasing a parking pass must rank their parking preferences by Wednesday, October 18.

If you are interested in purchasing a season parking pass, follow the steps below:

Click on the  season parking link
    Enter your account information
        Account ID: XXXXXX
        Password: Click "forgot password" if neccesary
    In the drop down select 1 pass and click "find seats" in lower right hand corner of screen
    Click "add to cart"
    Select "MAIL" as Delivery Method and click checkout
    Provide your top parking preference
    Provide payment information and complete process

Your parking assignment will be determined the week of October 22 and will arrive via mail shortly thereafter, in time for the exhibition game against Carroll on October 30.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:27:17 AM »

-I'm not sure why the FF lot would be a nightmare as it can empty in 40 minutes. Plus, that lot was open last season as well. I have not heard any feedback in how that went.

:o

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »

:o
That came from Peter Feigin. It is a big lot of 1,250 spots.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »
PARKING WENT ON SALE LAST WEDNESDAY.

Thanks for the info.  I did not receive any e-mail regarding parking.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »

To be fair, 40 minutes is a long time when it's an 8:00 start and you have a long drive home.

We will continue (assuming the signs haven't changed) to get our "secret" free street parking.  Cheaper, faster, and helps me get my steps in.
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »
Any idea if they are going to keep access exclusively for donors, or will they open up to the rest of us commoners to buy at some point?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 11:51:17 AM »
To be fair, 40 minutes is a long time when it's an 8:00 start and you have a long drive home.

I agree, 40 minutes is a long time. Yet, when you think about it 1,250 cars getting out all at once 40 minutes is pretty fast.

Also, most people really should not change their parking habits just because MU is now playing one block north.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »
Any idea if they are going to keep access exclusively for donors, or will they open up to the rest of us commoners to buy at some point?
The Fiserv Forum lot? That is open to everyone.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »

#ppnomatta

All about the Benjamins now

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 12:00:58 PM »

12 was talking about the STH parking pass queue, not the game day full price.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 12:19:26 PM »

Tell us more about this long drive home...

Do you live in Manitowoc or further away like Green Bay?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »
I'll continue to park north of Junea like I have the last 2-3 years.  Just makes my walk to the arena 1 block less.  Easy to get to and from my car, easily my quickest exit.  Avoid all traffic by just heading north and then west from there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 12:49:03 PM »
Good parkin' on 6th and Brown, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 03:53:55 PM »
Tell us more about this long drive home...

Do you live in Manitowoc or further away like Green Bay?

We live in the Chicago burbs Lens.  About 1:45 travel time once we hit the car.  And I think chick missed 2 games last year, once when we were on vaca.  (In fact we're planning this winter's vaca based on a MU roadtrip!)  She'll be lobbying me in a week about the exhibition, mark my words.  Yeah, she's a fan.  It's what makes winter tolerable for a southern girl.   :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:55:49 PM by jsglow »

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 04:45:59 PM »

Will it be?

I called MU to find out why I didn't get the season ticket parking e-mail.  Only STHs that donated to the B&G fund this fiscal year were eligible.  I had done a "rollover" donation at the end of last year and should have been eligible.  Once that was cleared up, they recorded my parking preferences.

The reason I ask about availability for the "general public" is that if the FF structure spots all get taken by MU eligible season ticket holders, then there theoretically would not be any spots remaining.  That said, I have no idea how many parking packages MU sells to the season ticket base, but it seems conceivable that the FF structure could "sell out".

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
We live in the Chicago burbs Lens.  About 1:45 travel time once we hit the car.  And I think chick missed 2 games last year, once when we were on vaca.  (In fact we're planning this winter's vaca based on a MU roadtrip!)  She'll be lobbying me in a week about the exhibition, mark my words.  Yeah, she's a fan.  It's what makes winter tolerable for a southern girl.   :)

You found yourself a major keeper, glow.

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
Park near campus & take the Shuttle to the game.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »

The reason I ask about availability for the "general public" is that if the FF structure spots all get taken by MU eligible season ticket holders, then there theoretically would not be any spots remaining.  That said, I have no idea how many parking packages MU sells to the season ticket base, but it seems conceivable that the FF structure could "sell out".

Sorry for the delay on your question. I got word it's to open to everyone to park in the Fiserv Forum Parking Lot. Also, the Bradley Center Parking Lot is not going anywhere anytime soon.
-Bill Walton

LeftyWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
MU is including free parking for season ticket holders that donate over $4000 during the current year. This is the first time this has ever been part of the season ticket "perks".  Season ticket holders got to pick between four options, I believe.  One was the structure attached to the FF and the others were surface lots close to the Forum.

MU is going to assign the parking locations to the season ticket holders the week of October 22. Not sure if all of the spaces in the FF structure will be allocated to the season ticket holders since I would be surprised if that many give over $4000 on a yearly basis.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 09:14:10 AM »
I know that all donations mandated in the ticket are applied at the $4,000 level.  I wonder if it will apply moving forward to the $500 level or if an extra $500 will have to be donated on top of the mandated donation?  The letter was not clear on that.  I am okay for 2018-2019 but the larger mandated donation made me think that was enough as to seat selection.     

feedback