[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Single game tix  (Read 15854 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Single game tix
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 09:48:49 PM »
worst part is they are for my son who is a student at Madison. Luckily my daughter is at MU and has student tickets. He got us tickets last year to watch MU kick UW

Pretty lame ass excuse to be honest!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »
I have about a dozen going to the Providence game - 8 family members plus a few friends from my MU days. I went to the site this morning and was surprised at how few tickets were left anywhere in the arena. So I snapped up the 8 and told the others they should hustle and buy theirs. I gave them our section, row and seat numbers and hopefully they'll get some either in our row or behind us.

Impressed that the game -- Sun 1/20, 11am tip -- would have so few left.

Really looking forward to seeing the new joint and to seeing our ladz kick some Friar fannies!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 08:12:59 AM »
I have about a dozen going to the Providence game - 8 family members plus a few friends from my MU days. I went to the site this morning and was surprised at how few tickets were left anywhere in the arena. So I snapped up the 8 and told the others they should hustle and buy theirs. I gave them our section, row and seat numbers and hopefully they'll get some either in our row or behind us.

Impressed that the game -- Sun 1/20, 11am tip -- would have so few left.

Really looking forward to seeing the new joint and to seeing our ladz kick some Friar fannies!

That's a pack game so MU holding blocks until later.  MU doing a good job employing psychological pricing but those may come free at some point based on pack sales.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 10:03:28 AM »
When is MU releasing more single game tix?

I have the Blue mini plan but wanted to supplement that with 2 Nova upper deck tickets (the Nova game is part of the Gold mini plan).

There are literally still entire sections open for the Gold plan in the upper deck, complete rows, yet for the single game Nova tickets you can't find 2 seats together anywhere in the entire arena. I'd say the upper deck is probably 60% unsold for these mini plans.

It is really annoying. They could release half of the seats they are saving for mini plans and STILL have plenty for anyone who wants to buy them (at least in the upper deck).

MU ticket sales has a long way to go.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 10:43:59 AM »
When is MU releasing more single game tix?

I have the Blue mini plan but wanted to supplement that with 2 Nova upper deck tickets (the Nova game is part of the Gold mini plan).

There are literally still entire sections open for the Gold plan in the upper deck, complete rows, yet for the single game Nova tickets you can't find 2 seats together anywhere in the entire arena. I'd say the upper deck is probably 60% unsold for these mini plans.

It is really annoying. They could release half of the seats they are saving for mini plans and STILL have plenty for anyone who wants to buy them (at least in the upper deck).

MU ticket sales has a long way to go.

Because they won't cater to your exact desire?

MU ticket sales' job is to maximize revenue.  If they can do that by selling a mini-plan for the seat you want instead of trying to sell 4 individual tickets, that is what they are going to do.

My guess is at the latest they will free up those mini-plan seats right before the first game in the plan, which I believe is a perfectly reasonable strategy.

If you don't want to wait that long, buy a mini-plan and sell the other tickets on StubHub.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:08:54 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
I'll add to the comment.  Right now the 'mildly interested' fan is learning that single game tickets are essentially sold out for Nova and Bucky.  Some (many) might rethink their plans because of the scarcity and purchase a mini plan instead to be able to obtain those tickets.  After that, MU should put the ones they 'held back' in the limited availability Ticket App (assuming they do that again), and after that they should again offer them directly to the loyal season ticket holders before making them available to the general public one last time.

I've been there on many nights when 3000 people are in the building.  I can literally spot #nored sitting on the other side of the arena.  You want a marquee game?  Pay a marquee price.  Or step up for a bigger commitment to #mubb.

One more thought.  Marquette learned something from last year's NIT in the Al.  They learned that they can financially benefit from and simultaneously reward loyal fans/contributors with premium #mubb experiences.  Consider Nova and Bucky in that same light.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:51:44 AM by jsglow »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 12:36:45 PM »
Great point Glow.

I am on the lower end of points/contributions. It was kinda a bummer to only be able snag 2 extra for Wisco game. But that is MU’s prerogative as they have realized that they should reward those who reward them.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »
One more thought.  Marquette learned something from last year's NIT in the Al.  They learned that they can financially benefit from and simultaneously reward loyal fans/contributors with premium #mubb experiences.  Consider Nova and Bucky in that same light.

Marquette has employed several pricing strategies throughout this:  Price Tiering (good, better, best), Goldilocks (at open house, you could upgrade seat levels to get suite access, parking, gifts, access, single seats and post-season), bundling (packs), and personalized (priority points).

This last one is the psychological pricing strategy where they artificially restrict the inventory and give first access to the premium.  Apple does this well on their roll-outs.  In the past, MU took more of a "land and expand" strategy where Priority Points mattered and MU had a lot of supply/inventory to sell (and this po'ed STHs as the supply was discounted so much as the games approached).

MU has been pretty good with the transition although some communication and changes have been late or spotty (some intentionally). Many fans are confused and/or upset although that may be more of a matter of change which is normal. Service has been excellent though to guide folks through. However, their new approach which is trending toward premium puts a lot of pressure on Wojo to win today.  This is a shift from their supply to a demand strategy.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Because they won't cater to your exact desire?

MU ticket sales' job is to maximize revenue.  If they can do that by selling a mini-plan for the seat you want instead of trying to sell 4 individual tickets, that is what they are going to do.

My guess is at the latest they will free up those mini-plan seats right before the first game in the plan, which I believe is a perfectly reasonable strategy.

If you don't want to wait that long, buy a mini-plan and sell the other tickets on StubHub.

I was unaware that buying a single game ticket was such a unique desire.

My point is they are not selling anyway. As I said the upper deck is over half unsold. It is a good way to piss off fans. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who wants to buy single game tickets.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:33:26 PM by Coleman »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »
I'll add to the comment.  Right now the 'mildly interested' fan is learning that single game tickets are essentially sold out for Nova and Bucky.  Some (many) might rethink their plans because of the scarcity and purchase a mini plan instead to be able to obtain those tickets.  After that, MU should put the ones they 'held back' in the limited availability Ticket App (assuming they do that again), and after that they should again offer them directly to the loyal season ticket holders before making them available to the general public one last time.

I've been there on many nights when 3000 people are in the building.  I can literally spot #nored sitting on the other side of the arena.  You want a marquee game?  Pay a marquee price.  Or step up for a bigger commitment to #mubb.

Does Marquette really think people are that dumb that they would think the games are sold out when in reality they are over half unsold, just because the tickets haven't been released for single game purchase? The only scarcity is that MU refuses to sell the tickets. It is completely artificial. I'd be surprised if any game besides Bucky actually sells out.

I'm willing to pay marquee price for the game. Hell I'll pay double the going rate. The point is they aren't even for sale. I'm not buying a mini pack to go to one game.

This doesn't seem smart to me. It seems like they are trying to be clever and its not even working. The upper deck remains empty. If you want to play games with the lower bowl...fine.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:34:20 PM by Coleman »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 01:33:34 PM »
My point is they are not selling anyway. As I said the upper deck is over half unsold. It is a good way to piss off fans. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who wants to buy single game tickets.

Everyone does this. You are not the only person who wants to buy singles. You want a ticket for a marquee game, that business in this case Marquette wants you to buy season tickets or a mini plan. Mini Plans do sell very well for Marquette. It's only Oct. 17th and everyone around here has Brewers tickets on the mind. Marquette sold over 2,000 of these Wisconsin Mini Plans in 2016.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:35:34 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »
You are not the only person who wants to buy singles.

That's precisely my point.

MU's recent performance on the court and fan attendance doesn't merit them trying to play games like this. If we were consistently a top 25 team (or even a consistent tournament team) that regularly sold out home games it would make more sense. The demand is not there.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »

MU's recent performance on the court and fan attendance doesn't merit them trying to play games like this. If we were consistently a top 25 team (or even a consistent tournament team) that regularly sold out home games it would make more sense. The demand is not there.

We're still pulling almost 15,000 for conference games, so attendance hasn't had the same drop off that on-court performance has.  If they were struggling to fill seats your gripe may have more merit, but the demand is still high (especially with the new arena).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »
So what y'all are saying is that I messed up by buying my Providence tickets the day single-ticket sales began because better seats will be available later.

Oh well ... rookie mistake. Still will enjoy the game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 02:47:24 PM »

They are not playing games, it's called go business sales in October. The demand is always there for the Wisconsin game and National Marquette Day Game, which also happens to be Villanova. Those are easy sellouts.

The goal is to have demand for other games and sales for those games, so they sell at a package and a discounted price.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:51:59 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
We're still pulling almost 15,000 for conference games, so attendance hasn't had the same drop off that on-court performance has.  If they were struggling to fill seats your gripe may have more merit, but the demand is still high (especially with the new arena).
Also, Fiserv Forum seats less than the Bradley Center. While, FF seats 17,500 about 1,400 less seats than the BC. About, 1,300 are sold via the Bucks thru Suite area locations. So, that leaves Marquette to sell around 16,200 seats. Around 11,200 are sold for season tickets and that leaves 5000 left to sell per game.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:17:49 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2018, 07:38:39 PM »

Marquette seems to think differently.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 07:44:56 PM »
Marquette seems to think differently.

If that is true they have big problems. 

Now if they feel the new arena and this year’s product warrants pushing the revenue — then good for them and I’m excited for the season. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:26 PM »
If that is true they have big problems. 

Now if they feel the new arena and this year’s product warrants pushing the revenue — then good for them and I’m excited for the season.

Certainly a better quote.  But they think they have something special in the team and building and are trying to maximize revenue.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2018, 08:49:23 PM »
I bought my single game tickets for the KState game and i was SHOCKED at how cheap lower bowl was.  I just assumed it was because MU realized the team had not performed up to alumni expectations the last 4ish years.  $55 per seat against a quality non conference opponent is a solid value, I was expecting $90+ for single game tix in the lower........OR, something is seriously wrong with section 109 which was the only lower bowl section with options of 2 seats next to each other. 

MU seems to be approaching this with a solid business grounding of understanding the balance between recent product (lack of NCAA), new product (FF), potential upside, targeted demand, and core customers. 

fjm

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:07 PM »
I bought my single game tickets for the KState game and i was SHOCKED at how cheap lower bowl was.  I just assumed it was because MU realized the team had not performed up to alumni expectations the last 4ish years.  $55 per seat against a quality non conference opponent is a solid value, I was expecting $90+ for single game tix in the lower........OR, something is seriously wrong with section 109 which was the only lower bowl section with options of 2 seats next to each other. 

MU seems to be approaching this with a solid business grounding of understanding the balance between recent product (lack of NCAA), new product (FF), potential upside, targeted demand, and core customers.

I also got 4 seats in section 109 for $55. Pleasantly surprised with that price. Very pleased!

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 08:33:14 AM »
Trying to buy single game tix for Buffalo of all games. Single tix not available for that game. I'm assuming because it is featured in a mini plan. The place will be empty I'm sure. How dumb.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2018, 08:35:43 AM »

Yeah I think the inferences that Marquette doesn't know what it's doing here to be pretty funny.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2018, 08:58:11 AM »
Okay, I didn't do exhaustive research but even the FULL SEASON tix seem to be in fairly short supply and they seem to line up pretty well with what is also being offered in the mini plans.  Our own upper section has about 20 total seats left excluding the last row which might be handicapped only.  Those are being held for full season only right now and are not even available to potential mini plan purchasers.  Overall the supply seems pretty short as I scan around the building for available season tickets.  So MU is doing the right thing by severely limiting access to single game purchasers.

Back in the day during the Jordan era, the entire United Center was exclusively full season tickets.  Lambeau Field has been like that for generations.  Looks like MU is trending in the right direction in terms of interest and opting in for at least a mini plan is the best way into the house at this juncture.   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:10:12 AM by jsglow »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »
Great point Glow.

I am on the lower end of points/contributions. It was kinda a bummer to only be able snag 2 extra for Wisco game. But that is MU’s prerogative as they have realized that they should reward those who reward them.

Yep.  Season ticket holders control significant blocks for that game.  Sure they might make 'em available to MU friends at face.  But if those tickets end up in the secondary market, they'll expect to make 'bank' from some damn Bucky fan.