[Today at 05:32:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Reunion/Homecoming  (Read 2969 times)

Coleman

• All American
Reunion/Homecoming
« on: October 08, 2018, 12:15:25 PM »
MU did a nice job this past weekend. I was there 5 years ago and the experience was pretty underwhelming. This was much improved.

On a side note I got to chat with Steve Novak at a local drinking establishment Saturday night. It wasn't a terribly long conversation, but I did tell him how his game winning shot against Notre Dame in 2006 is still one of my favorite memories. He was incredibly gracious...he said "I'm just glad it went in." What a cool guy.

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Reunion/Homecoming
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:37:39 PM »
MU did a nice job this past weekend. I was there 5 years ago and the experience was pretty underwhelming. This was much improved.

On a side note I got to chat with Steve Novak at a local drinking establishment Saturday night. It wasn't a terribly long conversation, but I did tell him how his game winning shot against Notre Dame in 2006 is still one of my favorite memories. He was incredibly gracious...he said "I'm just glad it went in." What a cool guy.

I went for the first time 5 years ago and had a blast.  Even though I only graduated in 1983, I lost two of my best college buddies in the last five years including my life long best friend and it was the last time I got to see them.  Couldn't make it this year because of family issues, what made it better than 2013?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »

Hey,  I was there, too!  Did you see me?   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 12:50:54 PM »
I went for the first time 5 years ago and had a blast.  Even though I only graduated in 1983, I lost two of my best college buddies in the last five years including my life long best friend and it was the last time I got to see them.  Couldn't make it this year because of family issues, what made it better than 2013?

I just thought it was better organized and more activities, more energy, and the concert Saturday night was actually really fun, even though I am not a fan of either of the bands. The campus was electric. Bars were full. Students were out. It just seemed way more fun.

5 years ago was ok. It just seemed like a lot less going on. Probably because it was during the summer.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »

Was that you up in the front of the crowd bodysurfing?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »

Uh huh, hey?
https://goo.gl/images/PsJYex
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 01:01:12 PM »
Was that you up in the front of the crowd bodysurfing?

Oh, heck no!  I was one of the reunion folks under the tent that Tyson Ritter was making fun of.

What was the deal with Cascade boy?

I was talking about being in Caff's with Steve Novak.
Have some patience, FFS.

source?

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 10:51:45 PM »
Oh, heck no!  I was one of the reunion folks under the tent that Tyson Ritter was making fun of.

What was the deal with Cascade boy?

I was talking about being in Caff's with Steve Novak.

Cascade boy had spotted them on the street the day before apparently after buying said cascade. Apparently he chased them down while waiving the box to ask for a picture. He brought the box in Hope's they'd recognize him. Guess it worked.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 11:10:46 AM »
I give a great deal of credit to Tyson Ritter.  He was engaging, funny, and anything but 'pat' in his running commentary throughout the show.  Picking on the alums 'enjoying dessert', bantering with Cascade boy and 'Josh', doing his quite creative 'WE ARE!'  All good.

Some entertainers 'get it' and appreciate that they get paid to do what they love.  While it's true that AAR's peak popularity was some years ago, they seemingly truly appreciated the fact that they continue to perform for engaged audiences even if it isn't part of the Warped tour these days.

feedback