collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ozark  (Read 6453 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Ozark
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:40:28 PM »
  My wife just recommended this Netflix series to me last night-WOW!  Only thru 4 episodes(4 hours) and I can’t wait to dig in again tonight.  The closest thing I can associate this with is breaking bad, but that really wouldn’t be terribly accurate.  Except for Jason Bateman and Laura linney, the cast seems relatively benign, but really well played.  Amazing how anyone can come up with this stuff-who thinks this way?  I’m hooked!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Ozark
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
Taught dis wuz gunna bee 'bout a now defunct airline, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »
It's a fantastic show. Wait til you get to the season 1 finale. Most intense 90 minutes of television I have ever watched. Haven't started the second season yet but its next on the list.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 05:14:15 AM »
Taught dis wuz gunna bee 'bout a now defunct airline, hey?

after watching this show, i wouldn't get on anything that says ozark on the side of it ;)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 07:43:41 AM »
  My wife just recommended this Netflix series to me last night-WOW!  Only thru 4 episodes(4 hours) and I can’t wait to dig in again tonight.  The closest thing I can associate this with is breaking bad, but that really wouldn’t be terribly accurate.  Except for Jason Bateman and Laura linney, the cast seems relatively benign, but really well played.  Amazing how anyone can come up with this stuff-who thinks this way?  I’m hooked!!

The daughter of the trailer park family really starts to steal the show the 2nd half of the first season.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 07:59:22 AM »
Watched first episode of season 2 last night.  Did not disappoint!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »
Season 2 is hot.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 01:11:50 PM »
Season 2 is hot.

I knew I should've waited but instead, my dumbass is slogging thru Jack Ryan.  It's a low budget Homeland, not terrible, but want to finish it before binge watching another show.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »
I knew I should've waited but instead, my dumbass is slogging thru Jack Ryan.  It's a low budget Homeland, not terrible, but want to finish it before binge watching another show.

Glad I didn't start that then. I've had my doubts.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
We chose Godless over Jack Ryan - not done with the one season but so far it's been solid.  The discussion around Ozark is how far back into season one do we need to go to not be totally lost. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »
We chose Godless over Jack Ryan - not done with the one season but so far it's been solid.  The discussion around Ozark is how far back into season one do we need to go to not be totally lost.

Godless is also a fantastic show. Jeff Daniels as Frank Griffin is one of the better villain performances I have seen in a long while. Up there with Neegan from Walking Dead and the Chicken Man from Breaking Bad.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 05:19:17 PM »

Godless was spectacular

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »
Umm...I liked Jack Ryan...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 06:49:12 PM »
Finally watching all of Sherlock.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 07:07:33 PM »

episode #1 was the fuse that lit the bomb for me.  me thinks if you try to start any later, you will catch yourself wanting to go back to see what you missed

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
The daughter of the trailer park family really starts to steal the show the 2nd half of the first season.

i'm at episode# 6/season 1- i wonder if they really knew what they were going to do with her from the beginning or if she kind of evolved as the show did.  they had so many options with her.  depends on how many seasons they crank out, someone starts bitching about money, beats his/her significant other, decides to "go in another direction"... etc

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 09:19:17 PM »
Always been a Bateman fan. In Ozark he hit it out of the park.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 09:21:09 PM »

Episode 2 at a minimum for Ozark. It's worth it.

Honestly, I saw season 2 of Ozark dropped and Better Call Saul took a backseat. This season of BCS has been meh at best.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:23:39 PM by PTM + Chartouny = Us »

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 09:37:27 PM »
Episode 2 at a minimum for Ozark. It's worth it.

Honestly, I saw season 2 of Ozark dropped and Better Call Saul took a backseat. This season of BCS has been meh at best.

Agreed on BCS. Quickly losing interest as we meld into the Breaking Bad world. Haven't started Ozark S2 yet but was pretty interested in S1.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 09:55:12 PM »
Godless was spectacular

One of my favorites.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 11:50:44 PM »
Ozark is outstanding.

No issues with this season of Better Call Saul. Still really good.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 09:24:40 AM »
episode #1 was the fuse that lit the bomb for me.  me thinks if you try to start any later, you will catch yourself wanting to go back to see what you missed

+1, you have to watch episode 1

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »
+1, you have to watch episode 1

I should have been more clear - we've seen season one.  We decided to rewatch the last 3 of season one before starting season two.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 11:42:49 AM »
  i'm at episode# 6/season 1- i wonder if they really knew what they were going to do with her from the beginning or if she kind of evolved as the show did.  they had so many options with her.  depends on how many seasons they crank out, someone starts bitching about money, beats his/her significant other, decides to "go in another direction"... etc

I think they knew.  She played Kimmy in The Americans and it was clear from that troubling turn that she would be a star.