[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ozark  (Read 6452 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Ozark
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:40:28 PM »
  My wife just recommended this Netflix series to me last night-WOW!  Only thru 4 episodes(4 hours) and I can’t wait to dig in again tonight.  The closest thing I can associate this with is breaking bad, but that really wouldn’t be terribly accurate.  Except for Jason Bateman and Laura linney, the cast seems relatively benign, but really well played.  Amazing how anyone can come up with this stuff-who thinks this way?  I’m hooked!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Ozark
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
Taught dis wuz gunna bee 'bout a now defunct airline, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »
It's a fantastic show. Wait til you get to the season 1 finale. Most intense 90 minutes of television I have ever watched. Haven't started the second season yet but its next on the list.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 05:14:15 AM »
Taught dis wuz gunna bee 'bout a now defunct airline, hey?

after watching this show, i wouldn't get on anything that says ozark on the side of it ;)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 07:43:41 AM »
  My wife just recommended this Netflix series to me last night-WOW!  Only thru 4 episodes(4 hours) and I can’t wait to dig in again tonight.  The closest thing I can associate this with is breaking bad, but that really wouldn’t be terribly accurate.  Except for Jason Bateman and Laura linney, the cast seems relatively benign, but really well played.  Amazing how anyone can come up with this stuff-who thinks this way?  I’m hooked!!

The daughter of the trailer park family really starts to steal the show the 2nd half of the first season.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 07:59:22 AM »
Watched first episode of season 2 last night.  Did not disappoint!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »
Season 2 is hot.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 01:11:50 PM »
Season 2 is hot.

I knew I should've waited but instead, my dumbass is slogging thru Jack Ryan.  It's a low budget Homeland, not terrible, but want to finish it before binge watching another show.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »
I knew I should've waited but instead, my dumbass is slogging thru Jack Ryan.  It's a low budget Homeland, not terrible, but want to finish it before binge watching another show.

Glad I didn't start that then. I've had my doubts.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
We chose Godless over Jack Ryan - not done with the one season but so far it's been solid.  The discussion around Ozark is how far back into season one do we need to go to not be totally lost. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »
We chose Godless over Jack Ryan - not done with the one season but so far it's been solid.  The discussion around Ozark is how far back into season one do we need to go to not be totally lost.

Godless is also a fantastic show. Jeff Daniels as Frank Griffin is one of the better villain performances I have seen in a long while. Up there with Neegan from Walking Dead and the Chicken Man from Breaking Bad.
TAMU

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 05:19:17 PM »

Godless was spectacular

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »
Umm...I liked Jack Ryan...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 06:49:12 PM »
Finally watching all of Sherlock.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 07:07:33 PM »

episode #1 was the fuse that lit the bomb for me.  me thinks if you try to start any later, you will catch yourself wanting to go back to see what you missed

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
The daughter of the trailer park family really starts to steal the show the 2nd half of the first season.

i'm at episode# 6/season 1- i wonder if they really knew what they were going to do with her from the beginning or if she kind of evolved as the show did.  they had so many options with her.  depends on how many seasons they crank out, someone starts bitching about money, beats his/her significant other, decides to "go in another direction"... etc

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 09:19:17 PM »
Always been a Bateman fan. In Ozark he hit it out of the park.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 09:21:09 PM »

Episode 2 at a minimum for Ozark. It's worth it.

Honestly, I saw season 2 of Ozark dropped and Better Call Saul took a backseat. This season of BCS has been meh at best.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:23:39 PM by PTM + Chartouny = Us »

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 09:37:27 PM »
Episode 2 at a minimum for Ozark. It's worth it.

Honestly, I saw season 2 of Ozark dropped and Better Call Saul took a backseat. This season of BCS has been meh at best.

Agreed on BCS. Quickly losing interest as we meld into the Breaking Bad world. Haven't started Ozark S2 yet but was pretty interested in S1.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 09:55:12 PM »
Godless was spectacular

One of my favorites.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 11:50:44 PM »
Ozark is outstanding.

No issues with this season of Better Call Saul. Still really good.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 09:24:40 AM »
episode #1 was the fuse that lit the bomb for me.  me thinks if you try to start any later, you will catch yourself wanting to go back to see what you missed

+1, you have to watch episode 1

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »
+1, you have to watch episode 1

I should have been more clear - we've seen season one.  We decided to rewatch the last 3 of season one before starting season two.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 11:42:49 AM »
  i'm at episode# 6/season 1- i wonder if they really knew what they were going to do with her from the beginning or if she kind of evolved as the show did.  they had so many options with her.  depends on how many seasons they crank out, someone starts bitching about money, beats his/her significant other, decides to "go in another direction"... etc

I think they knew.  She played Kimmy in The Americans and it was clear from that troubling turn that she would be a star.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 01:28:12 PM »
I'm enjoying The Man in the High Castle. Looking forward to season 3 starting this October.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
Finally got around to The Americans - into season 2 - Keri Russell, wow.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 08:59:13 AM »

Fire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2018, 03:17:45 PM »
My only bitch about Ozark is how dark every scene is.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2018, 07:45:20 PM »
I think they knew.  She played Kimmy in The Americans and it was clear from that troubling turn that she would be a star.

Great point - Julia Garner was very good as a fairly minor recurring character on The Americans, one of the better series of this decade. She is awesome as Ruth in Ozark.

We've watched the first 2 of season 2, and she is totally a star.

As for the series itself, it's much better than I had expected. My wife loves it, too, and she doesn't always get into this kind of dark show.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
Godless was spectacular
Apparently we were 3 episodes from the end of Godless and i stand corrected....it is way more than 'solid', spectacular works for me. 

I was disappointed at the end when I said 'cool, it's like Fargo where they keep the same theme and change the story/characters' and the Mrs informed me that it was just a miniseries.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 09:36:44 PM »
Wife and I binged season 2 of Ozark over the last few days. Found this season was a little more predictable than the first....but still Fing fantastic. They do such a good job of building suspense and tension throughout a scene. Even when I guessed what was going to happen I was still on the edge of my seat. Can't wait for season 3
TAMU

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 08:58:08 AM »
Wife and I binged season 2 of Ozark over the last few days. Found this season was a little more predictable than the first....but still Fing fantastic. They do such a good job of building suspense and tension throughout a scene. Even when I guessed what was going to happen I was still on the edge of my seat. Can't wait for season 3

Several storylines were VERY predictable, and I often felt like there was probably too much going. It was still good.

I am very excited for S3. I'm optimistic that Wendy's last lecture foreshadows the Byrde's in power, instead of constant scrambling schemes and fear.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2018, 07:52:11 AM »

As for the series itself, it's much better than I had expected. My wife loves it, too, and she doesn't always get into this kind of dark show.

Same with my wife--no Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Justified, The Wire etc, but I think Jason Bateman was her gateway into Ozark (somehow she missed the Timothy Olyphant train  :o). 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2018, 10:01:27 AM »

I was never a fan of hers - until this series.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2018, 10:25:23 PM »
Just finished Season 2. Very enjoyable.

As others have said, there were quite a few predictable moments, but I still really liked it because they have so many interesting characters that are very well-acted. For example, I really like the way they developed Jonah's character, as well as Ruth's father. Every scene Cade was on the screen was extremely tense.

Julia Garner is a star. Loved the way she said: "I don't know sh!t about f%ck!" ... except now I'll probably start saying it and I'll have to get my mouth washed out with soap!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson