[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pennsylvania Grand Jury report on abuse  (Read 23627 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Pennsylvania Grand Jury report on abuse
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2018, 09:31:51 AM »
Good catch Sultan.  This will be interesting to watch.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2018, 07:38:10 AM »
A US bishop has now called for a full investigation.  Pope Francis says he will not say a word one way or the other about the claims.

Will other bishops also demand an investigation?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »

Not saying that Francis didn't know, but anything Vigano says should be not judged at face value.  He's a Benedict ally who set Francis up to meet with Kim Davis which was a pretty embarrassing moment for Francis.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/04/12/europe/pope-vigano-resign/index.html

The chasm between what this scandal means inside the Diocese of Rome vs. outside the walls of the Vatican is perhaps the clearest example of how the church is rotting from the inside out. The highest levels of church leadership are literally unable to fathom how the the Church could be subject to legal and political accountability in western democracies like Ireland and the US.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 10:47:58 PM »
Another coming forward to say he covered it up and Vigano was telling the truth.  The church has to find a way to cleanse itself.  If that means Francis resigns, so be it.  Along with every bishop and cardinal involved.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/former-nunciature-official-vigano-said-the-truth-38319
— Plato

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2018, 10:04:22 AM »
The chasm between what this scandal means inside the Diocese of Rome vs. outside the walls of the Vatican is perhaps the clearest example of how the church is rotting from the inside out. The highest levels of church leadership are literally unable to fathom how the the Church could be subject to legal and political accountability in western democracies like Ireland and the US.

I think you're on to something.... many, dare I say most, of those inside the Vatican walls do not hail from western democracies, and even amongst those who are, some of those countries may not have been democracies (e.g. Poland) - or were still making the shift to democracy from something much worse - (e.g. Italy, Germany) when they were growing up.  [Off-hand, I can count 25 German and Italian-born Cardinals who are old enough to remember WWII.]

I don't know if that's by design or coincidence.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »
A Protestant convert's view. Some good points others not so much.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/why-now-is-the-time-to-convert-to-catholicism/

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »

Yeah...she lost me with her "heresy" nonsense. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »

This is not anything else but some tinfoil cap musings ....

This is not anything else but an LGBTQWTF infiltration of the seminaries (which sure looks intentional) to bring down the greatest institution on earth

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »
This is not anything else but some tinfoil cap musings ....

This is not anything else but an LGBTQWTF infiltration of the seminaries (which sure looks intentional) to bring down the greatest institution on earth
Given to us by the same source that gave us the Nobel Prize worthy "96% of Google searches are liberal".

#seedrudgereport
#seeloudobbs
#seepotustwitter

but seriously, follow @mattgertz. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2018, 09:09:28 PM »

So 5/6 of her suggestions at the end are actually decent advice (the last one she goes off the deep end a little bit) but her reasoning leading up to it is all terrible. The molestation in the church is an intentional plot by the LGBTQ community to destroy the church? I would love to discuss scripture with her some time, she clearly hasn't spent much time reading it. I hope she finds a way to get rid of all the hate in her heart.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »
So 5/6 of her suggestions at the end are actually decent advice (the last one she goes off the deep end a little bit) but her reasoning leading up to it is all terrible. The molestation in the church is an intentional plot by the LGBTQ community to destroy the church? I would love to discuss scripture with her some time, she clearly hasn't spent much time reading it. I hope she finds a way to get rid of all the hate in her heart.
I'm sure she is super decent.  Here is her body of work from the same site 69 posted https://pjmedia.com/columnist/megan-fox/

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2018, 10:21:33 PM »
I'm sure she is super decent.  Here is her body of work from the same site 69 posted https://pjmedia.com/columnist/megan-fox/.

Wow,she is really a whack job.

And who knew the LGBT community was around a hundred years ago?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2018, 06:33:44 AM »
Can you rearrange the letters in LGTBQRA to spell Illuminati?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2018, 06:54:28 AM »
Balanced article that attempts to address the inner forces within the church on this crisis.  What a mess, the church needs a reboot.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-pope-catholic-church-divisions-20180827-story,amp.html
— Plato

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2018, 07:54:06 AM »
I just don't get the Catholic Church's obsession with sex.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2018, 08:56:16 AM »
I just don't get the Catholic Church's obsession with sex.

It's a way to control the masses, via population control and by weaponizing it for funding or as leverage against "sinners" going back hundreds of years. Institutional momentum is a helluva thing.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2018, 10:00:58 AM »
It's a way to control the masses, via population control and by weaponizing it for funding or as leverage against "sinners" going back hundreds of years. Institutional momentum is a helluva thing.

I think that's a bit much ... sort of Alex Jones-y as the theory that the LGBTQ community secretly infiltrated seminaries as part of a plot to bring down the church.
The truth is, everybody is obsessed with sex.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »
I think that's a bit much ... sort of Alex Jones-y as the theory that the LGBTQ community secretly infiltrated seminaries as part of a plot to bring down the church.

Actually that undersells it.  I am not Catholic.  The church I belong to rarely talks about sex, sexual issues, etc.  They have no position on birth control, etc.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »

Your take was the same as mine. Her proselytizing was over the top. If the allegations about the Pope are true he should resign and Pope Benedict is just as culpable as he should have defrocked McCarrick. Molestation of Children by clergy is the ultimate betrayal and as much as they say they (the hierarchy) are sorry they have done nothing to assure the faithful that they are. In my own Parish our Pastor has made it policy that at least 3 adults from the Parish must be present during activities involving minors and they have to be vetted by the Police department.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2018, 12:00:26 PM »

Actually that undersells it.  I am not Catholic.  The church I belong to rarely talks about sex, sexual issues, etc.  They have no position on birth control, etc.

I've been going to Catholic churches all my life and attended Catholic schools from the time I was seven. I can count on one finger the number of times I recall sex, sexual issues, etc. being discussed during a service, or in any other setting outside health class and PreCana.
Catholic teachings on sexuality are discussed far more often in secular settings - and most often by non-Catholics who object to it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2018, 12:05:08 PM »

Sounds like you need to get your OT level up.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
Can you rearrange the letters in LGTBQRA to spell Illuminati?

Only took a few years to get from “gay” to LGTBQRA. I shudder to think where it will be in 10 years.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
I've been going to Catholic churches all my life and attended Catholic schools from the time I was seven. I can count on one finger the number of times I recall sex, sexual issues, etc. being discussed during a service, or in any other setting outside health class and PreCana.
Catholic teachings on sexuality are discussed far more often in secular settings - and most often by non-Catholics who object to it.

Fair enough.  I don't think I'm getting my point across well enough but I will leave it at that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »

I'm curious if you went to a catholic grade or high school. I agree that almost never hear about sex in the services but I felt like I was reminded daily in catholic school that premarital/safe/gay/oral/anal sex were all sins. It was regularly worked into religion, social studies, and health classes. We also had to take a class called "Values" freshman year where it was pretty well ingrained into us. All the following years we were required to take seminar classes that had varying levels of focus on the topic.

Even at Marquette there are still some student rules that try to enforce these sexual standards on adults. No guests of the opposite sex after certain hours in the dorms. I thought I remember some policies about "unconventional sex" being forbidden but I might be misremembering.

Honestly, I think part of the problem is that the church has all these rules surrounding sex but DOESN'T talk about the why at services. "Because its a sin" is only a convincing answer for so long.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2018, 12:52:10 PM »

I'm speaking from a legacy standpoint. Religions generally, and the Catholic Church specifically used piety as a weapon to control the masses (or that was the theory anyway) including by putting structure around sex. By making sex taboo, so to speak, it also helped fill church coffers (things like purgatory, etc). We're talking middle ages stuff and that legacy has not really been revisited.

feedback