[Today at 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fantasy Football League  (Read 3988 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Fantasy Football League
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:59:24 AM »
So does anyone think an MU fantasy football league with a buy-in would be a pipe dream to get started here? 

I assume it wouldn't work but thought I'd get some thoughts.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Fantasy Football League
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 10:23:58 AM »
I'd be down. I'm sure a lot of people would he willing to play. Not sure how many would do a buy in however.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:17:19 PM »
I can collect the cash.  Just send to ZFB on venmo.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:30:37 PM »
I rarely do FF, but I would be in.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 08:47:05 AM »
I'd be, especially if we did an auction draft but logistically it might have to be snake.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »
We'd need 10 teams at minimum and someone trustworthy to manage the buy-in.  I was thinking something small like $50. 

I commish one league and co-commish another so if someone is willing to put in a little time to get this set up on ESPN, Yahoo, or NFL.com I'd absolutely be in.

Auctions are cool but in this scenario a simple snake would probably be better.  16 round draft.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), DST and bench spots. 

Personally I loathe kickers in fantasy so I'd either leave them out or have them replaced by another flex, which has worked well where we've tried it. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 02:08:01 PM »
We'd need 10 teams at minimum and someone trustworthy to manage the buy-in.  I was thinking something small like $50. 

I commish one league and co-commish another so if someone is willing to put in a little time to get this set up on ESPN, Yahoo, or NFL.com I'd absolutely be in.

Auctions are cool but in this scenario a simple snake would probably be better.  16 round draft.

Personally I loathe kickers in fantasy so I'd either leave them out or have them replaced by another flex, which has worked well where we've tried it.

I'd be in and this all sounds good. 2 QB or superflex also works well, imho, to make the 12th-25th best QBs in the league fantasy relevant.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
Does anyone have a preference between ESPN and Yahoo?  NFL.com would probably be my 3rd choice. 

I might be able to find the time to set it up but someone else would need to be "treasurer".

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
PPR or no PPR?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »
PPR or no PPR?

Personally I'm a fan of 0.5 PPR.  I think it's a nice middle-ground. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 06:35:36 PM »
Fantrax > Espn > nfl > Yahoo

Also fantrax has a built in treasurer that pays out the winners according to how you want it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »
Fantrax is the crap. I'm 80% in if we go Fantrax, also they can handle an auction.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 09:58:53 AM »
Never heard of Fantrax but I will take a look into it if I can find some time today. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »

Maybe a 3rd party should handle all monies. I am certainly more trustworthy than Ziggy. You can take my word on that.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 06:35:14 PM »
Maybe a 3rd party should handle all monies. I am certainly more trustworthy than Ziggy. You can take my word on that.

Any recommendations? 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 06:56:13 PM »
Ok - I looked into Fantrax and it requires payment to sign up.

#Unleash Travis:  Now, if I submit the $50 to sign up and we're unable to get the 10 teams we need do you know if the site will refund the money?  I'd like to get it set up, share the link for joining here and in the main forum, and get it taken care. 

At a high level, here is what I'm thinking:

-16 round online snake draft
-10 teams (will go up to 12 if there is interest)
-Playoffs in weeks 14 - 16.  Top 2 teams get a bye. 
-No divisions.  Top 6 teams make the playoffs.  Tie-breakers based on total points scored.
-Waivers start in reverse order of draft.  If you pick someone up you go to the back of the priority.  None of this worst record gets highest waiver nonsense.
-Rosters:  QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), Flex (RB/WR/TE), DST, 7 bench spots w/ no IR
-Scoring: 0.5 PPR, 5 PTs for TD passes, decimal scoring, everything else fairly standard
-$50 buy-in.  Pays out 1st (60%), 2nd (30%), and 3rd (10%)
-Draft order assigned randomly through the site (I'm assuming it can do that).

Thoughts?  I'm willing to put the time into setting it up but want to make sure there is interest and that I'll get my cash back if it doesn't come to fruition. 

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 08:13:08 PM »
I'd do a $10-$20 buy in.   I'm already in a $150 league and don't feel like putting too much more change on FF.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 08:40:13 PM »
Ok - I looked into Fantrax and it requires payment to sign up.

#Unleash Travis:  Now, if I submit the $50 to sign up and we're unable to get the 10 teams we need do you know if the site will refund the money?  I'd like to get it set up, share the link for joining here and in the main forum, and get it taken care. 

At a high level, here is what I'm thinking:

-16 round online snake draft
-10 teams (will go up to 12 if there is interest)
-Playoffs in weeks 14 - 16.  Top 2 teams get a bye. 
-No divisions.  Top 6 teams make the playoffs.  Tie-breakers based on total points scored.
-Waivers start in reverse order of draft.  If you pick someone up you go to the back of the priority.  None of this worst record gets highest waiver nonsense.
-Rosters:  QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), Flex (RB/WR/TE), DST, 7 bench spots w/ no IR
-Scoring: 0.5 PPR, 5 PTs for TD passes, decimal scoring, everything else fairly standard
-$50 buy-in.  Pays out 1st (60%), 2nd (30%), and 3rd (10%)
-Draft order assigned randomly through the site (I'm assuming it can do that).

Thoughts?  I'm willing to put the time into setting it up but want to make sure there is interest and that I'll get my cash back if it doesn't come to fruition.

Hmm. I have a dynasty league on fantrax and we do it 100 percent for free. There is a premium version of the league that offers far more customization for those insane leagues. Do you need the paid version for treasurer?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 08:47:31 PM »
Are you using Fantrax.com? I just setup treasurer on my league and we only use the free version. also the premium is $80 and not $50.

Note: I do not know if theres any fee's associated with the treasury (IE: if the entry is 30 dollars and there's a 5 dollar convenience fee)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »
Are you using Fantrax.com? I just setup treasurer on my league and we only use the free version. also the premium is $80 and not $50.

Note: I do not know if theres any fee's associated with the treasury (IE: if the entry is 30 dollars and there's a 5 dollar convenience fee)

My post was probably confusing. Using the site is free but if we're doing a buy in it requires me to pay it before setting up the league and then from teams before they join.  Hopefully that made sense.

I'm not really interested in playing if there isn't anything to win.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »
My post was probably confusing. Using the site is free but if we're doing a buy in it requires me to pay it before setting up the league and then from teams before they join.  Hopefully that made sense.

I'm not really interested in playing if there isn't anything to win.

Hmm let me look into it, I'm sure theres a way to do it without having to pay the entire prize up front.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 09:29:07 PM »
Yup I was able to make it without an upfront payment. You just had to keep it as a free league, and then change to a prize league after creation. Once your joined up I can give you all the commissioner rights as it's just a complete default league at the moment.

Link: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/cdtz0ymfjkuijsb3/home

You might need me to invite via email.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
Yup I was able to make it without an upfront payment. You just had to keep it as a free league, and then change to a prize league after creation. Once your joined up I can give you all the commissioner rights as it's just a complete default league at the moment.

Link: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/cdtz0ymfjkuijsb3/home

You might need me to invite via email.

Yeah, that looks to be the case.  Let me know if you want me to send an email through this site with my address. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »
Yeah, that looks to be the case.  Let me know if you want me to send an email through this site with my address.

Yep just shoot me a message on scoop and ill invite you.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:11 PM »
Yep just shoot me a message on scoop and ill invite you.

Done.

feedback