collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Does Urban Meyer get fired at OSU?  (Read 14054 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Does Urban Meyer get fired at OSU?
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »
Zach Smith claiming that Urban isn’t an investigator is actually 100% true!  That’s the point. He’s supposed to inform the Title IX officer who is actually a trained investigator.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2018, 06:27:46 PM »
Which is warranted if Gene Smith did pull Zach Smith off of recruiting in 2015 after the allegation came up. I get that no charges were filed then, but they kept this guy on the coaching staff? Even after they knew his past??

I would think a lot of coaches would think that getting pulled off recruiting would be a reward, not a punishment.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »
Random hypothesis: Perhaps Smith, known as an excellent recruiter, was in charge of arranging the "dirty work" for Meyer on the recruiting trail and knows what's out there and who's out there with info.

A quote that stood out from Meyer: “I was never told about anything … never had a conversation about it.” If his wife only showed him the texts, it may be true that he was never told and never had a conversation about the situation. Technically, he may not have been lying but....Who am I kidding? Of course he was lying! He knew but simply didn't care.

To the former, you're probably not too far off base.  As cut-throat as college football is these days, no coach is going to waste time on employing someone who is a distraction (or potential distraction) to the program.  So the fact that Smith hung around as long as he did meant that he was providing some sort of benefit to overcome the (non-monetary) cost of keeping him around.

Not to say that Smith was Meyer's capo on the recruiting trail or that Smith had pictures of Mrs. Meyer, but something the hell was going on that Meyer decided to keep a known abuser on his staff, and it sure as shiite wasn't "loyalty" or some garbage like that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2018, 08:05:42 PM »
Meyer suspended without pay for 3 games. Oregon State, Rutgers and TCU.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
I wonder if the Twitter gossip earlier was true - president vs BOT/Meyer

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »
Meyer suspended without pay for 3 games. Oregon State, Rutgers and TCU.

Strictly CYA for OHio State. Does anyone really think Urban cares how many women are beat up as long as he can win games?

Meyer and OSU are the perfect example of why college sports is so dirty.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2018, 08:43:15 PM »
Meyer vehemently argued against a suspension of any length cause he feels he’s already been punished and should be fine with “time served”.  What a royal POS he is.  Surprised he didn’t fake a heart attack to get his way.

He’s also hiding behind the tried and true “I don’t know him all that well” lie

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/1032441336421593091

So far Ohio State administrators have apologized three times to "Buckeye Nation" and zero times to Courtney Smith or her children.

The comments from Buckeye fans so far are just heinous. As with most things these days, people say the right thing when it doesn't impact them, but as soon as it does they do whatever is best for themselves.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2018, 10:53:47 PM »
What a tone deaf press conference, not surprising, but man was that bad.

Clear as day, Urban Meyer is a compulsive liar. The Wolken info that came out about Meyer deleting all text messages beyond a year old...things that make you go hmm.

College sports is sooooo dirty.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2018, 12:00:59 AM »
  deleted text messages, emails...he learned from one of the best, eyn'er?  hey! he didn't by any chance have his server in the men's room part of the locker room did he?  great minds think alike, eyeyeyn'er hey?
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2018, 05:43:55 AM »
  deleted text messages, emails...he learned from one of the best, eyn'er?  hey! he didn't by any chance have his server in the men's room part of the locker room did he?  great minds think alike, eyeyeyn'er hey?

Seriously?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2018, 06:08:37 AM »
I quit taking seriously anything RS posted ages ago.    UBU, RS.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2018, 06:12:40 AM »
Best part, and by that I mean the worst, is that two allegations of domestic abuse are not red flags to trigger a reporting need in the minds of the BOT.....if I'm the OSU compliance department I'm pissed this morning
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2018, 06:32:24 AM »

🙄🙄🙄

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2018, 06:53:14 AM »
The comments from Buckeye fans so far are just heinous. As with most things these days, people say the right thing when it doesn't impact them, but as soon as it does they do whatever is best for themselves.

Imagine their comments if this were happening at Michigan.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2018, 07:52:33 AM »

So far Ohio State administrators have apologized three times to "Buckeye Nation" and zero times to Courtney Smith or her children.

My god those responses are horrid. Everyone just out to get a good guy like Urban. Her own mom says she’s crazy guys, come on!

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2018, 07:53:33 AM »

LET IT GO. MOVE ON
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2018, 07:57:20 AM »
LET IT GO. MOVE ON

And now the trap has been set.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2018, 08:17:19 AM »
My bar and that of a Dean at a B1G powerhouse are quite different.

I guess I should have said that my bar and that of a BOT at at B1G are quite different.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2018, 09:53:37 AM »
Best part, and by that I mean the worst, is that two allegations of domestic abuse are not red flags to trigger a reporting need in the minds of the BOT.....if I'm the OSU compliance department I'm pissed this morning

As someone who works in compliance, they have nothing to worry about under this administration. DeVos made Title IX virtually toothless.

I'd like to believe that they would be held accountable in the court of public opinion but winning football games trumps all.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2018, 11:27:25 AM »
Seriously?

Interesting that the guys who are always the first to whine to the mods about politics have no qualms about doing the same themselves.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »

I guess they would have to mention her name first in order to apologize.

My other reaction was surprise (ha ha ha) that OSU refused to release their report until AFTER the press conference. Don't want to subject Urban to any pesky questions about why he actively lied ("mislead" in his own terms) about refusing to report a man who he knew was assaulting a woman.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »
Interesting that the guys who are always the first to whine to the mods about politics have no qualms about doing the same themselves.

Yo cop hater!  If you have any proof of this, I’d like to see it-never ever messaged mods about anything although I came pretty damn close after reading some of the posts in the CEO thread.  If not for zig interrupting ya’lls little circle jerk, I woulda thought they lifted the “no politics” ban
don't...don't don't don't don't

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2018, 06:47:53 PM »
Yo cop hater!  If you have any proof of this, I’d like to see it-never ever messaged mods about anything although I came pretty damn close after reading some of the posts in the CEO thread.  If not for zig interrupting ya’lls little circle jerk, I woulda thought they lifted the “no politics” ban

Classy and sophisticated, as always.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2018, 08:22:11 PM »

You blatantly made a political statement not even remotely close to on-topic.  But of course you whine about someone else. 

You may be the least self-aware person here.  And that's really saying something.