collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf thread  (Read 34310 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Golf thread
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2019, 01:08:01 PM »
Going for 72 holes for the trip tomorrow morning...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2019, 01:06:44 PM »
Do I watch Pebble Beach or the Marquette game?   Tough call.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2019, 05:08:08 PM »
any of yous guyses see phil's shot from the sand today?  forget which hole, but probably about 150 out, playing to a back pin, hits it over the pin by 10 feet, it takes one bounce into the thick stuff just off the green, it spins back, outta the thick crap to within 2 feet of the cup

never seen a ball spin out of long grass like that...out of the sand!
don't...don't don't don't don't

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2019, 05:45:02 PM »

One of the best courses in the world, but the AT&T Pro-Am is the worst event on Tour. Thankfully, the Open will be there in June this year.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2019, 07:50:23 PM »

Barf

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2019, 12:41:46 AM »
Barf

What??  I can't get his priorities straight for him!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

🏀

• All American
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
What??  I can't get his priorities straight for him!

Pebble Beach Saturday is a tough watch.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2019, 12:57:52 AM »

Tower, I can’t bear to do it, as you may be THE smartest, most valuable post-er on Scoop...but I may have to put you on “ignore” for this one.

I love playing and watching golf, but this is a pro-AM......and there is nothing worse than watching ultra-rich chops hack away on what should be hallowed ground.

A better question would be: A) watch Pebble Pro-Am or B) watch the ND leprechaun arm wrestle the Greek kid on the end of DePaul’s bench
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2019, 05:47:15 AM »
I assumed teal wasn't necessary.  Nothing tops Marquette basketball on my TV watching pantheon.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2019, 03:38:26 PM »
I assumed teal wasn't necessary.  Nothing tops Marquette basketball on my TV watching pantheon.

My bad. In fact, my Tower-style “headline” was going to read,
“Tower hits proverbial mid-season wall....loses Teal pen”

But that wouldn’t have fit my narrative, and while you are always about succinct, excellent post-game synopses..Scoop tends to be about narratives ;)
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »
Congrats to Steve Stricker for being named 2020 Ryder Cup Captain.  I hope your team performs better than you did at Medinah in 2012.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2019, 05:24:28 PM »
Congrats to Steve Stricker for being named 2020 Ryder Cup Captain.  I hope your team performs better than you did at Medinah in 2012.

Very meh. Was hoping for a stronger personality to reign in the issues. Maybe for 2022 since 2020 should be a slam dunk.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »
On a more positive note, I regripped a putter for the first time in my life. Wanted to go bigger but not those gigantic grips. Went with a Winn Dri Tac Midsize. Initial results were very promising. Looking forward to improved putting this upcoming season.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2019, 06:36:51 AM »
Went to the golf show yesterday,  I remember there used to be deals there. Now it's just a room filled with old man flatulence and golf resorts.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2019, 09:21:21 PM »
ftp://
Very meh. Was hoping for a stronger personality to reign in the issues. Maybe for 2022 since 2020 should be a slam dunk.

So you expected them to skip the native born son? Your rationale seems flawed. Flawed I saw.
But I like to throw handfuls...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2019, 06:46:42 AM »
ftp://
So you expected them to skip the native born son? Your rationale seems flawed. Flawed I saw.

I expected it to be Stricker, but not who I wanted.

With Rory dropping his Euro Tour status and Reed picking up a lifetime honorary exception, can we just make that trade happen for 2020?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2019, 06:52:16 AM »

it was either steve stricker or john daly.  when they couldn't locate rodney's beer tapper golf bag, daly was out

strick is highly respected in the golf circles-good solid choice

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2019, 08:57:19 AM »
Went to the golf show yesterday,  I remember there used to be deals there. Now it's just a room filled with old man flatulence and golf resorts.

In Milwaukee? I went last year and it was all crazy expensive or crap. I used to buy my drivers there because you could get a really good deal on drivers that were a few years old.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2019, 01:47:08 PM »
Check in at this site from time to time.    When it isn't golf show season, they generally have a great selection of drivers from a season or two ago as well as a 'make us an offer' section.      Right now, their selection of great deals are not what they usually are.   

https://maplehillgolf.com/

🏀

• All American
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2019, 08:22:08 PM »
Check in at this site from time to time.    When it isn't golf show season, they generally have a great selection of drivers from a season or two ago as well as a 'make us an offer' section.      Right now, their selection of great deals are not what they usually are.   

https://maplehillgolf.com/

Maple Hill is pretty awesome, great customer service and usually have better deals on their eBay

tower912

• All American
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »
It is even more fun to wander through and see all of the shiny toys.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2019, 06:35:34 PM »
rickie revises new drop rule just to make sure - i guess the squatting anal height 'bout the same as knee height-the ole "billy"

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/02/28/rickie-fowler-trolls-golf-rule-changes/

feedback