[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf thread  (Read 34283 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Golf thread
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »
-1 threw 3 tadey four da leed, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2018, 04:58:46 PM »
That double hurt.

Tied for the lead going into the weekend. Can't be too disappointed, I suppose.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2018, 05:01:14 PM »
I thought this was about me shooting 77 in the wind.  But, nooooooo.   Tiger, Tiger, Tiger.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2018, 03:55:59 PM »
Tiger is now firmly in control of the world of golf again. Everyone else is playing for second. The intimidation factor is definitely there.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2018, 04:22:43 PM »
Tiger is now firmly in control of the world of golf again. Everyone else is playing for second. The intimidation factor is definitely there.

How do you think Tiger fairs in the Ryder?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2018, 07:28:28 AM »

Rory and Justin Rose are only 3 shots back and they are not going to be intimidated by anyone.  The pairing of Rory and Tiger will be fun to watch, and with NFL today, the remote control will get a workout.  I hope Tiger can hold on, will be good for the game headed into Ryder Cup.

As for the Ryder Cup, rumors out there have Tiger and DeChambeau playing together. Mickelson has been playing like dog poop lately, he is 23 shots behind Tiger and this string of Fed Ex tournaments have probably tired him out.  Will be interesting how many matches he plays. 

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2018, 07:31:11 AM »
Would you rather:    A.   Play a tough course that you know is going to kick your butt and shoot a high score?
                              B.   Play an easy course that you know you can post a really good number on?

It is the same kind of argument that we have about MU's OOC scheduling.   Personally, I like to get my butt kicked, knowing that it will make the occasional par round on a tough course even sweeter.     However, there is nothing wrong with shooting par on a 6500 yard, slope 120 cupcake to get the swing back in sync.   

And if possible, playing a tour course or US Open venue and taking my 95 is totally acceptable.
In fact I enjoy both and like to mix it up, but generally bury the ego and choose (a), a philosophy that has enabled me to play the Gary Player course at Sun City, The National at Cape Shank, Pinehurst #2, Whistling straits, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, the Presidio, terrey Hills in Sydney, Brookwater in Brsibane, TPC stadium course, Thai Country Club, Royale Jakarta, Sentosa, DLF near New Delhi, and a few more... all have been great experiences despite high scores.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »
This is beautiful to watch.

Tiger with an outside shot to win the FedEx cup right now

nyg

• All American
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2018, 04:40:18 PM »
So Justin Rose needs to birdie the easy 18th for 10 million dollars.  Crazy. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »
Incredible scene on 18

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2018, 05:01:26 PM »
I think tiger still moves the needle for golf.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2018, 05:39:27 PM »
Didn't see it because I was at the Panthers game, but good for Tiger and good for golf. Saw a highlight of the scene on No. 18, and that was definitely cool.

Not a major, of course, but the next best thing. We'll see if he can build on it at the Ryder Cup.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2018, 05:55:21 PM »
Apparently not during the Ryder cup
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2018, 10:59:59 PM »
Apparently not during the Ryder cup
He has never been a great Ryder Cup player. It is not his thing.

Tiger will be the favorite in every major next year.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2018, 05:18:01 AM »
https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/10/05/iowa-golf-team-disqualified-rules-violation/

A confusing story.   Buried deep is the important nugget.   The Marquette Invitational played at Erin Hills. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2018, 09:08:52 AM »
He has never been a great Ryder Cup player. It is not his thing.

Tiger will be the favorite in every major next year.

He'll probably be the betting favorite, just as the Cubs and Cowboys and Yankees and Notre Dame usually are, because people are stupid.

As for whether he actually has a better chance to win each major than any other competitor ... let's talk after he has won a major - something he will not have done for 10 years, 10 months when he steps to the first tee at Augusta.

I'm a Tiger fan, and I believe he will win another major (or two), but he faces much sterner competition now, and he's an "old man" by golf standards. So we'll see.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2018, 10:24:37 PM »
Haven't had a new club in 5 years. Irons are even older. Most of my bag has been hand me downs from my father. So, I spent my Saturday afternoon at Club Champion getting a full bag fit (minus the putter, because my ping anser is never leaving my bag).

200+ swings later, I've got a whole new bag.

Titleist TS2
Cobra F8 hybrid
Mizuno JPX919 hot metal
Cleveland RTX4

Experience was pretty solid at the place. Knowledgeable staff. Very high tech.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2018, 06:02:58 AM »
Haven't had a new club in 5 years. Irons are even older. Most of my bag has been hand me downs from my father. So, I spent my Saturday afternoon at Club Champion getting a full bag fit (minus the putter, because my ping anser is never leaving my bag).

200+ swings later, I've got a whole new bag.

Titleist TS2
Cobra F8 hybrid
Mizuno JPX919 hot metal
Cleveland RTX4

Experience was pretty solid at the place. Knowledgeable staff. Very high tech.

That's a pretty, pretty, pretty nice bag.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2018, 07:15:28 AM »
If you live in the north, you may only use all of your shiny new toys once before the snow falls and by spring you will have forgotten all of those cool tips they were giving you at Club Champion.   However, being properly fit should save you 3 shots a round. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2018, 10:21:15 AM »
That's a pretty, pretty, pretty nice bag.

Yea. Happy with it.

During my fitting, 2 "regulars" came in to get some slight adjustments to their wedges. The guy fitting me told me those 2 had spent over $50k in the last year alone on equipment in their shop (They bought multiple sets of PXG and the like).

And I thought mine was pricey....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »
If you live in the north, you may only use all of your shiny new toys once before the snow falls and by spring you will have forgotten all of those cool tips they were giving you at Club Champion.   However, being properly fit should save you 3 shots a round.

Yea, I may not make it out on the course before the snow. But we've got a few ranges around here that are multi-level and heated, so I'll be sure to get out before spring and hit the new stuff.

This was a big purchase and I intend to keep them for the better part of a decade, assuming nothing drastic happens with the clubs or my body.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »
Yea. Happy with it.

During my fitting, 2 "regulars" came in to get some slight adjustments to their wedges. The guy fitting me told me those 2 had spent over $50k in the last year alone on equipment in their shop (They bought multiple sets of PXG and the like).

And I thought mine was pricey....

Did you go to Willowbrook? How was it?

I'm debating about going this winter for a putter fitting. It's the one thing I don't think my local guy really has figured out. I've gone through a lot of putters in the three years I've been playing. I have an Evnroll now, and I like it, but I'm not 100% on the thing. Otherwise, I'm happy with my bag.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »

I'm debating about going this winter for a putter fitting. It's the one thing I don't think my local guy really has figured out. I've gone through a lot of putters in the three years I've been playing. I have an Evnroll now, and I like it, but I'm not 100% on the thing. Otherwise, I'm happy with my bag.

Indianapolis. I had a great experience.

I did go through the putter testing/fitting. I think it would be helpful if you were having difficulties. I told them what I expected on the course and during my fitting and they were very amenable to everything. Obviously, it will be different folks for you. But the facility, equipment and tech was top-notch.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2018, 01:53:33 PM »

My putter is the only decent club in my bag these days.  Been rolling an SC TeI3 Newport since I wanna say 1999?