collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: McAdams Lives - Continues to Take On Lovell  (Read 5865 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: McAdams Lives - Continues to Take On Lovell
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »
It shouldn’t be my choice. Honestly, your tactics are a great example of why I haven’t posted a lot of information on here I otherwise would have.

Seriously, stop being such a whiner.  I'm not posting political points of view.  I'm not debating any sort of political position.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:17:28 PM by #bansultan »

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 08:22:59 PM »
It's awesome that you didn't even read the account of what happened McAdams is relying upon (which I'm sure it totally unbiased) and yet you come here pontificating about how awful Marquette acted.

"Seems like you think that Snapchats are sent out to the masses at random (they are not)./"

From McAdams's blog:
Alex and friends were playing a “game” in which they would randomly scroll through their phones while the “Apple Airdrop” function was on, which allows photos to be sent to all nearby devices without specifying a recipient

So they sent this photo out to everyone near by without specifying who. that is the very definition of sending it out at random. In fact, McAdams goes on to write:
"Sending photos to random people who happen to be connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot is pretty dumb."

"If he is beyond 18 I would not characterize him as a "boy""
From McAdams' blog:
The photo was shot almost two years ago, with Enrique and some of his high school buddies and members of his soccer team.  The black doll was owned by one of Enrique’s buddies; he carried it around a lot.

The doll was supposedly owned and carried around more than two years ago by a kid in high school. Not an 18-year-old college student. A boy.

I mean, one would think you would at least read what happened before you came here condemning anyone.

It is more awesome that you are making my point and are so snarky about it.

"Alex and friends were playing a “game” in which they would randomly scroll through their phones while the “Apple Airdrop” function was on, which allows photos to be sent to all nearby devices without specifying a recipient"
- Snapchats are not sent via airdrop. Someone took a screenshot of the snap and then it was shared later.

"The photo was shot almost two years ago, with Enrique and some of his high school buddies and members of his soccer team.  The black doll was owned by one of Enrique’s buddies; he carried it around a lot."
-I guess you have me on a technicality that teenagers in high school are "boys". I think this seems even more brutal that Marquette would expel a then 15/16/17 year old - now student former student for posing with a doll that is a different skin color.

Continuing to play out your logic.... all current students would need to be vetted to examine if they have ever participated in "insensitive" behavior. What age must we go back to examine? What standards dictate an offense that is beyond the pale and will result in expulsion?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 08:27:01 PM »
When put in simple terms, your logic is incredibly flawed. Racism = posing with a doll that is a different skin color? Lumping that person (or 4 people in this case) together with real racists is simply offensive. Do you not see the disconnect?

First of all, I didn't call him a racist.  I said he was "being racist," ie, his actions were racist.  Which IMO they clearly were.

Second, he wasn't simply "posing with a doll that is different skin color."  They were pointing a toy gun at the doll.  Being intellectually dishonest by excluding key details of the photo isn't a good look.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
Seriously, stop being such a whiner.  I'm not posting political points of view.  I'm not debating any sort of political position.

You’re taking a Supreme Court opinion and claiming it’s political, then rejoicing in the fact you’re claiming it’s political.

FOH
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 08:40:41 PM »

First of all, I didn't call him a racist.  I said he was "being racist," ie, his actions were racist.  Which IMO they clearly were.

Second, he wasn't simply "posing with a doll that is different skin color."  They were pointing a toy gun at the doll.  Being intellectually dishonest by excluding key details of the photo isn't a good look.

1. Your point is clear, Penny + Lil Penny = ok because they are the same skin color. Fred Rogers + Lil Penny = not ok because they are different.

2. The gun is not real. The doll is not a person. The image is a joke. Intellectual dishonesty, plain and simple.

3. Please define racism and explain why, in your opinion, the image is an act of racism.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
You’re taking a Supreme Court opinion and claiming it’s political, then rejoicing in the fact you’re claiming it’s political.

FOH

Yes.  I am claiming that the Supreme Court decision was based on politics.  That is not a political statement.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »

Yes.  I am claiming that the Supreme Court decision was based on politics.  That is not a political statement.

Might have to “knock” some sense into you.

Take pride in making Scoop less valuable, bud.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »
1. Your point is clear, Penny + Lil Penny = ok because they are the same skin color. Fred Rogers + Lil Penny = not ok because they are different.

2. The gun is not real. The doll is not a person. The image is a joke. Intellectual dishonesty, plain and simple.

3. Please define racism and explain why, in your opinion, the image is an act of racism.

1. No.  That's not the point at all.  If Fred Rogers was simply sitting on a couch with a black doll, that is just fine.  If Fred Rogers was pointing a gun at a black doll with a slang word for "Amen" underneath, that is a racist act.

2. That hardly matters.  Draw a cartoon of a black person being lynched on a tree and see how far you can get by saying "the person isn't real.  The noose isn't real."  Symbols matter.

3.  I've done that already.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 08:56:34 PM »
Might have to “knock” some sense into you.

Take pride in making Scoop less valuable, bud.

Dude if you're going to stay away because you think I'm making political statements in the Superbar, that really is a "you" problem.  It's odd and weird that you will hold out information because of this.

It's really simple.  Report the post.  If the moderators ask me to stop, I will stop.  It's their rules and they are enforcers of the rules.

feedback