[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by PointWarrior
[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette partners with NW Mutual and UWM for Data Science Institute  (Read 1003 times)

Eldon

• All American
Northwestern Mutual, Marquette and UWM partner on $40M data science institute

Northwestern Mutual, Marquette University and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee are partnering on a near $40 million venture to accelerate data science research and technology in Milwaukee, which they say will advance Milwaukee as a tech hub and create a talent pipeline for businesses in the region.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2018/06/20/northwestern-mutual-marquette-and-uwm-partner-on.html

See another link (with video) here.  And check out a JS article about MU adding data science as a major a couple of years ago.  What's more, the B-school added an R programming course to the curriculum as an elective.

'Data is the new oil' as the saying goes.  So many companies are sitting on troves of data with nobody to analyze it.  Accordingly, there is an ABUNDANCE of data science jobs available.  It's America's hottest job, according to Bloomberg.

There are relatively few reputable schools offering data science as a major, and thus Lovell deserves mad props for this partnership.  This is a huge step in the right direction, ultra-high acceptance rate notwithstanding (let's hope NW Mutual doesn't subscribe to US News!).  I've long advocated for MU doing this type of partnership with UWM and surrounding businesses (In the past, I've posted about teaming up with UWM and local businesses regarding production and operations management (POM)/quality engineering/etc).

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
Re: Marquette partners with NW Mutual and UWM for Data Science Institute
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 02:53:48 AM »
Do we go 38-0 against UWM in Data Science?
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid